Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2014 7:01:48 AM EDT
I was reading a while back that even with a trust by the beginning of the year that  NFA goodies would be a no go and you would need local law enforcement to sign off on new goodies.......what is the current standing on trusts now.....I am out of the loop and been thinking of getting a trust to purchase some suppressors.......have the rules changed? Is It even worth it for me to go the trust route now?  Any info appreciated
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 8:02:17 AM EDT
[#1]
As of today, the rules have not changed.  However, there is no guarantee whether pending applications will be grandfathered if the rule changes before your trust receives approval.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 2:02:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 2:27:10 PM EDT
[#3]
As other replies have stated, there is no rules change yet.  Two days ago I spoke with ATF about a December 2013 submission and they said expect at least two more months.  The guy I spoke with said there is no internal scuttlebutt on this rule that he is aware of.  He also said that if such a rule change were put in place, it would "probably" entail grandfathering of apps already submitted.

Before anybody replies that you cannot trust the scum-sucking ATF or any gummint peoplez, let me just say that this particular ATF rep has bent over backwards to help me in the past and his word has been reliable.  I might get shafted, but I rate that probability as small right now.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:38:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As other replies have stated, there is no rules change yet.  Two days ago I spoke with ATF about a December 2013 submission and they said expect at least two more months.  The guy I spoke with said there is no internal scuttlebutt on this rule that he is aware of.  He also said that if such a rule change were put in place, it would "probably" entail grandfathering of apps already submitted.

Before anybody replies that you cannot trust the scum-sucking ATF or any gummint peoplez, let me just say that this particular ATF rep has bent over backwards to help me in the past and his word has been reliable.  I might get shafted, but I rate that probability as small right now.
View Quote

Thank you.  

I can get the CLEO sig, but think I'd rather go the trust route for a number of reasons.  I just dug through the archives to get recommendations on a good trust lawyer, but couldn't find the thread.  I seem to remember there was someone everyone here used.  Any hints or recommendations.  I have over 20 devices coming in, so probably need to get off my butt on the paperwork

ETA: is e-filing still much faster than old-school paperwork?  I have an FFL who will transfer for free, but doesn't e-file.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 9:10:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Thank you.  

I can get the CLEO sig, but think I'd rather go the trust route for a number of reasons.  I just dug through the archives to get recommendations on a good trust lawyer, but couldn't find the thread.  I seem to remember there was someone everyone here used.  Any hints or recommendations.  I have over 20 devices coming in, so probably need to get off my butt on the paperwork

ETA: is e-filing still much faster than old-school paperwork?  I have an FFL who will transfer for free, but doesn't e-file.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you.  

E-file site is like the Obamacare site lately.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 11:16:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Eforms is down "until further notice" but someone called today and they claim they have a fix that's supposed to be implemented this week to where they can atleast get in and work the ones currently there
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 4:29:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Eforms is down "until further notice" but someone called today and they claim they have a fix that's supposed to be implemented this week to where they can atleast get in and work the ones currently there
View Quote

Response today from ATF on e-file

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9QCUSuRfQygdm9JMDRFc3lHV05aTzBNVEVseEV3UkwzTHpv/preview?pli=1
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:31:09 PM EDT
[#8]
You might even get it back a little sooner. My eform 1 filed on Nov 18, 2013 was just approved today.

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 7:51:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9QCUSuRfQygdm9JMDRFc3lHV05aTzBNVEVseEV3UkwzTHpv/preview?pli=1
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I got that after that post. They are still not doing F1 or F4 submissions as of now
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 7:52:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You might even get it back a little sooner. My eform 1 filed on Nov 18, 2013 was just approved today.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

As of right now, e-forms is off line for submissions from anyone.
Whether or not it comes back is still unknown.
If you have 20 items inbound, you can't file regardless of whether or not e-forms is up.
Once your dealer has the items, then you can either file paper, or play he waiting game and see if e-forms comes back up.
But either way, get on the ball if you are doing a trust.
And if you want a well done trust, guntrustlawyer.com is a good place to get a trust...
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 1:36:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Thank you.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you.  

If you can get a CLEO sig then there's no reason to rush. The rule change only relates to imposing CLEO and fingerprinting requirements on trusts and other non individual applicants.  If and when the rule change takes effect, you will merely have the inconvenience of getting sigs and prints for all "responsible persons" on your trust. If that's not a problem for you already then no need to hurry.
Top Top