Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2014 11:39:52 AM EDT
I have gone to the Miami gun show in fiu last year 2 times and don't really see good deals on guns or ammo......i am wondering what u guys usually buy there and r the seller willing to take offers or negotiate. ... I would like to know your experience has been n what do u buy when u go
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 3:27:55 PM EDT
[#1]
If the price is right on a firearm, I buy (I bought two of my handguns there years ago and got a good deal after shipping and FFL fees would have been figured into the online prices).  If I'm not looking to buy a new gun, I figure the $10 entrance cost as a fee to finger-bang a lot of different guns at once and compare prices on anything I'm interested in and have researched.  The last couple time's I have gone I got good deals on slings and miscellaneous parts for my AR-15.  I have found that they are willing to negotiate on these items.  I got a Magpul MS2 sling about two years ago for $25 (new in the package and were going for around $40-$50 when I checked at that time).  I also got the Magpul enhanced, aluminum trigger guard for $10 (new in package but with no papers in the plastic) and a BAD lever for $10 or $15 (new in the package with all enclosures).
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 3:30:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info I usually don't look into accessories like that....but .I do need a sling and a new buttstock so I'll be looking for some this weekend thanks again
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 8:46:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Just check around online to see what the prices are for the options you are considering (don't forget to figure in shipping costs) and then you'll know if you see a good deal or not.  I'm probably going to go this weekend since I am going to be starting an AR pistol build and I need to get some tools and parts.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:45:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm going to be on the lookout for reloading equipment as I want to get into reloading
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:33:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Be careful on buying magpul products. There are a lot of fakes at the show. For example a dealer sells fake magpul front and rear mbus sights for $60 for the set.

The show can give you good prices sometimes. But it also gives you a chance to hold items and compare that might not be at your lgs. Generally people goto a dealer and get a price and bring that to another dealer to have them beat it.  I am going to say that since it is Easter weekend there will be some great deals on Sunday for dealers that are slow.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:32:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the advice on the magpul
Link Posted: 5/4/2014 5:50:05 PM EDT
[#7]
S.Fl shows are full of knock offs, mall ninja garbage and cheap Chinese crap. if you got rid of those two categories show would be 1/4 the size.
Link Posted: 5/6/2014 3:04:56 AM EDT
[#8]
I dont even look at the tables when I go to the Miami show anymore.  The buys at the show are from the individuals selling their personal items.  Ive picked up the best deals of my life at that show.
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 12:43:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Always had good luck with Shoot Straight and The Armory. However I usually approach them with prices in mind from internet research and asking around the lgs. Last 2 shows I've been offered deals a couple hundred lower than tag price and as always the more you buy from one vendor the more likely you are to talk them down further. Shoot Straight generally does good prices in their stores too...my Gen 3 POF-308 brand new was only 2200$ with a free drop in trigger so I'd figure gun show will be at least on par with that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top