Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2014 5:52:31 PM EDT
Local to me in Jacksonville, Gpi filed for bankruptcy chapter 11 late January 2014. Website is down and called on Friday and no luck. Any info out there?
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 3:17:05 AM EDT
[#1]
They decided being shady is easier in the health care business.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 5:03:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Lol
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:34:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Not sure but I see a ton of their stripped lowers at the gun shows when I go.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:11:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I still think "Ghost Town Guns" is in some way connected to GPI. They carry GPI products on their website, they are pretty close to where GPI used to be, and they kinda "popped" up around the time of the BK filing of GPI. They build ARs, do gunsmithing, and cerakote.

Edit: Actually looks like they are in the exact location GPI was same unit and all
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:17:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Yup. Trying to find info on them and nothin...
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:39:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Ghost town used to be based out of a shop on beach Blvd until they moved to their current location. From what I was told when I went in there,  they have no affiliation to gpi. The guys at ghost town seem very stand up to me,  and will be a returning customer for the foreseeable future.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:43:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

That an old anvil/kruger joke ? since he got busted as a nurse selling drugs ?
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 12:17:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll find out and report next week.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 12:20:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Cool. They did a pretty decent job on my stag m8 and my Remington 700 in 300 winmag. Just wondering why their site is down and phone number doesn't connect.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 3:40:41 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm not sure how much of their business they want me spewing on the forums. I can say they have zero affiliation with Ghost Town.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 3:34:58 AM EDT
[#11]
From what I saw of thier work during the 2012/2013 panic I can say that what they built was junk parts guns for the most part.  Before that I don't know, as I never heard of them.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 3:42:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Sorry been busy...
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:42:33 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Ghost town used to be based out of a shop on beach Blvd until they moved to their current location. From what I was told when I went in there,  they have no affiliation to gpi. The guys at ghost town seem very stand up to me,  and will be a returning customer for the foreseeable future.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm not sure how much of their business they want me spewing on the forums. I can say they have zero affiliation with Ghost Town.

This is what I've been told also.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:07:54 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Yup. Trying to find info on them and nothin...
View Quote

I looked on Pacer and saw that their case is filed in the Middle District of Florida, under case number 3:14-bk-00369-JAF and

is being jointly administered with GPI Custom Gunworks, LLC, case number 3:14-bk-00371-JAF.

Please note that if you are owed money, you have until 6/3/14 to file a claim.

I saved the docket as of today but cutting and pasting came out terrible so send me a PM if you want it.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 6:26:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haha I still have an old Anvil Arms gun that John put together. I swear it must be lots of hookers & blow to make a AR shop go out of business...
GPI made me a gun & its been a great gun, no complants with them other than trying to get a hold of them back in the crazy times.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 4:28:45 AM EDT
[#16]
I had no complaints when they worked on several pistols and a shotgun for me.  That was when the Stidhams were there and I have had little interaction in the last couple of years with them
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top