Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2014 7:32:26 PM EDT
I have Unfortunately been forced to visit Gainesville FL a few times this year...
Every time I have visited I notice more and more Obama supporters! It seems like every other car in this town has an Obama sticker on it!
I have even witnessed people holding up obama stickers out their windows as if they were proud to be a puss liberal...
WTF is up with this place?
Too many dumb young kids who beleive anything that is told to them?
Too many college students wanting free money from the Govt?
Also, what the hell is up with all the scooters and prissy cars(prius)?
makes me sick

Link Posted: 3/28/2014 7:52:58 PM EDT
[#1]
College kids probably...limbs infest the educational system
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 10:18:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

this! its the same around Tallahassee as well, FSU kids with obama stickers everywhere.
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 3:14:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Most big college towns are gonna be like that...Lib professors teaching their lib ways to the sponges.
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 4:18:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Most big college towns are gonna be like that...Lib professors teaching their lib ways to the sponges.
View Quote

This. I work in Gainesville, but gladly drive 25 miles to and from work to not have to live in that city or county.
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 4:24:42 AM EDT
[#5]
A lot of it is just displayed ignorance.

I know many UF conservative college students.
They aren't compelled to inject their ideas at every waking moment.

Look past the stupidity and you'll see me and others tryin to survive in this county..........  

Link Posted: 3/29/2014 5:07:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Gainesville is about 25% or more minority, and full of idealistic college kids.

On the other hand, we now have a good, solid, Conservative Mayor, and two new Conservative City Council members.  After the run off election next month, we might well have a third.
That will go a long way in changing things here.
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 6:03:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

this
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 6:03:26 AM EDT
[#8]
oops. Double tap
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 6:11:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

we now have a good, solid, Conservative Mayor, and two new Conservative City Council members.  After the run off election next month, we might well have a third.
View Quote

Good to hear that!

Next time I return I will ignore the dumb poeple (who think they are actually smart, LOL)
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 11:44:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Gville = Oville.
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 12:51:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Tallahassee is the same way, definitely in a blue county.
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 3:51:56 PM EDT
[#12]

Not all Prius drivers are lost.

Link Posted: 3/29/2014 5:59:30 PM EDT
[#13]
What no  I'm ready for Hillary stickers?
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 6:09:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Gainesville is about 25% or more minority, and full of idealistic college kids.

On the other hand, we now have a good, solid, Conservative Mayor, and two new Conservative City Council members.  After the run off election next month, we might well have a third.
View Quote

And we have a tea party house rep who is awesome.
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 9:31:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

this! its the same around Tallahassee as well, FSU kids with obama stickers everywhere.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same thing around here because of U Can't Finish!  Dip shit kids that aren't dry behind the ears yet that believe everything that their Hippy Dippy professors tell them!  Give them ten or fifteen years and after they've had to start working for a living and paying taxes and watch the FSA burn through THEIR money while doing nothing but stealing and feeding of of the public tit and churning out more welfare brats. After that they'll turn into Republicans!
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 3:13:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Same thing around here because of U Can't Finish!  Dip shit kids that aren't dry behind the ears yet that believe everything that their Hippy Dippy professors tell them!  Give them ten or fifteen years and after they've had to start working for a living and paying taxes and watch the FSA burn through THEIR money while doing nothing but stealing and feeding of of the public tit and churning out more welfare brats. After that they'll turn into Republicans!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Will you send me an autographed copy of your book ??      

Link Posted: 4/2/2014 10:01:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/2/2014 1:25:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. Hopefully those sponges get the libtardation squeezed out of them by the real world. I'm man enough to admit I was infected while in college. I wasn't a hardcore libtard, but I definitely came out  leaning a little left. The real world of work, bills and taxes cured me real quick. The problem with the profesoors and those in the .edu system is they never leave academia and experience the real world.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 7:00:04 PM EDT
[#19]
College's attract allot of GDI liberals and dipshits, but most of the fraternity members are conservative. In my experience...even those in fraternities that don't care about politics adhere to conservative ideals just to be cool.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 8:47:04 AM EDT
[#20]
 I am interested to see how many college kids who voted for O in 12 will continue to support the dems once they see the truth about obamacare and the lack of available jobs so they can pay back their student loans.

Link Posted: 4/3/2014 12:00:37 PM EDT
[#21]
College student here at FSU.. Happy to say that I don't see too many "President Pantywaist" stickers here. But they do exist. Just another reason to chop them gators!
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 10:42:15 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

College student here at FSU.. Happy to say that I don't see too many "President Pantywaist" stickers here. But they do exist. Just another reason to chop them gators!
View Quote

Tallahassee has multiple reasons that it's a blue strognhold within the state. In addition to the 4(?, maybe 5) college campuses in Tallahassee, the county immediately to the west is the only black majority county in the state of Florida. Something like almost 3/4 black. No surprise that it is strongly blue. The neighboring county to the east is not lagging to terribly far behind, and also leans strongly blue.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 12:20:09 PM EDT
[#23]
The nice thing about Alachua County is that we have it surrounded.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 4:41:52 PM EDT
[#24]
If you're young and not liberal you have no heart
If your older and not conservative you have no brains

wait until they have to pay taxes and enter the real world. Some will learn and the others will be stupid the rest of their lives.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 5:10:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 5:21:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
College town?

Well... There's your answer.  Bunch of college kids with red  diaper doper babies for professors.
View Quote

The truth is UF is fairly conservative, relatively speaking, compared to other campuses. The students don't participate that much in local elections. But some certainly do.

Gainesville is just a mecca for hippie scum. I was at the art festival there on Sunday. Tons and tons of hippies. All sorts of election signs for the local politburo. Very few college students.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 7:10:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 7:13:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

They have an art colony there or something?  What draws hippies to central Florida?  I thought rednecks had a bounty on hair-farmers?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
College town?

Well... There's your answer.  Bunch of college kids with red  diaper doper babies for professors.

The truth is UF is fairly conservative, relatively speaking, compared to other campuses. The students don't participate that much in local elections. But some certainly do.

Gainesville is just a mecca for hippie scum. I was at the art festival there on Sunday. Tons and tons of hippies. All sorts of election signs for the local politburo. Very few college students.

They have an art colony there or something?  What draws hippies to central Florida?  I thought rednecks had a bounty on hair-farmers?

I have no idea. Its just sort of always been that way. My personal theory is that the counterculture sorta kicked things off and made the place a haven for the left. It just stayed that way.

I never got the feeling that the campus itself was anything close to Berkely-level libtardness. But oh man if you go a few blocks east to downtown its a whole 'nother universe.

ETA: This isn't 'central florida,' strictly speaking. Its north central florida. If you look at an election map, Alachua county is a very bright blue spot amongst a bunch of very red counties. I'm from Marion County, directly south. The two counties couldn't be more different in their politics.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 11:17:18 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

College town?

Asheville, NC is another hippie mecca in the Bible Belt.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 11:14:09 AM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

As well as Boone N.C.
Its wierd going to N.C. for vaca and seeing nothing but smelly dirty hippies talking about "Spread the peace bro"

Link Posted: 4/9/2014 4:14:19 PM EDT
[#31]
I think the OP just saw the "Bad" part of town
Why don't you meet me at the Reitz Union Grand Ballrom tomorrow
(Thursday April 10th) at around 7 PM, don't be late!
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 8:01:14 AM EDT
[#32]
It was always my impression that Gville was always very conservative. I agree in that OP just happened across one of the uncommon few.

Quoted:
If you're young and not liberal you have no heart
If your older and not conservative you have no brains

wait until they have to pay taxes and enter the real world. Some will learn and the others will be stupid the rest of their lives.
View Quote

I guess I have no heart...
Rather have brains anyways
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 10:53:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

As well as Boone N.C.
Its wierd going to N.C. for vaca and seeing nothing but smelly dirty hippies talking about "Spread the peace bro"

View All Quotes
Quoted:

As well as Boone N.C.

The one time I was in Asheville, some smelly hippie came up to my SO and I walking home from the beer joint at night, asked us to use our cell phone, and when we refused started cursing us out. Real peaceful, those hippies.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 7:51:39 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm a college student at UF, and my ears are wet. I can assure you the make up of this town is much more a cause than the college itself. The city of Gainesville is the hood. I had to unsubscribe to the "UF alerts" bc I was constantly being warned about people getting robbed, shot, etc. There's plenty of educated conservatives here, were just outnumbered by the governments dependents.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 3:44:25 AM EDT
[#35]
Unfortunately we visit Gainesville to see our grandchildren and of course their parents.  Fortunately they live far enough from the campus and the city so I don't have to deal with the bullshit.

It's "Academia" or the "FSA" training ground.  Hopefully more students will see through the bullshit they are being fed and 'turn'.

We have a 13 year old granddaughter who lives in Ohio who is a hunter and pro second amendment.  Imagine the shit she takes as she harvested 5 deer last fall and winter between hunting Ohio and West Virginia.  Of course her redneck grandfather gave her a RRA mid length 5.56 two years ago, it was the third weapon she was gifted.  Who knows what awaits her when she gets to college.

"Keep your powder dry".
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 3:14:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Unfortunately we visit Gainesville to see our grandchildren and of course their parents.  Fortunately they live far enough from the campus and the city so I don't have to deal with the bullshit.

It's "Academia" or the "FSA" training ground.  Hopefully more students will see through the bullshit they are being fed and 'turn'.

We have a 13 year old granddaughter who lives in Ohio who is a hunter and pro second amendment.  Imagine the shit she takes as she harvested 5 deer last fall and winter between hunting Ohio and West Virginia.  Of course her redneck grandfather gave her a RRA mid length 5.56 two years ago, it was the third weapon she was gifted.  Who knows what awaits her when she gets to college.

"Keep your powder dry".
View Quote

Need a "grandson"..........  ?????      

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top