Posted: 5/15/2013 6:36:59 PM EDT
I didn't know this was the law.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXYzGa8OvIg
Link Posted: 5/15/2013 6:47:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I didn't know this was the law.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXYzGa8OvIg

Yep, been that way for over 25 years now. Hunting, fishing, camping - on your way to or from. Plus a few other cases as provided for in 790.25(3) Florida Statutes. Like at home/work, the range, etc.
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 10:22:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm surprised more people don't exercise that right.
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 11:15:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I think a lot just carry concealed.  OC just draws attention, good and bad.
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 12:51:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Me and vanilla gorilla tried that once...didn't quite go as planned..even with the law on your side the ride awaits you ...just go ccw  and live the peaceful life
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 1:24:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I've open carried going night fishing on gandy.  Never had a problem.
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 2:16:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Me and vanilla gorilla tried that once...didn't quite go as planned..even with the law on your side the ride awaits you ...just go ccw  and live the peaceful life

"the ride"

What happened?
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 3:23:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

"the ride"

What happened?

Please elaborate indeed
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 3:32:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"the ride"

What happened?

Please elaborate indeed

Told by the campground host at ocean pond that it was cool to OC as we were camping...first forest cop who rolls through pretty much has a conniption about us carrying, saying pretty much he didn't care what the law stated we'd get the ride if we didn't conceal our weapons....he then continued to shoot bullshit with us for an hour or so, after flipping our shirts over our weapons...not so dramatic but something to be aware of....

National forest....so don't know if state law pre empts, all the same wasn't worth the additional grief
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 5:24:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"the ride"

What happened?

Please elaborate indeed

Told by the campground host at ocean pond that it was cool to OC as we were camping...first forest cop who rolls through pretty much has a conniption about us carrying, saying pretty much he didn't care what the law stated we'd get the ride if we didn't conceal our weapons....he then continued to shoot bullshit with us for an hour or so, after flipping our shirts over our weapons...not so dramatic but something to be aware of....

National forest....so don't know if state law pre empts, all the same wasn't worth the additional grief

State firearms law governs in National forests, as it did even before the amendment to the federal credit card law that allowed carry in national parks and wildlife refuges according to the laws of  the states where they are located.
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 6:20:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Perhaps this is why they don't: (from a recent thread on another forum):
I was planing an open carry fishing trip for me and the wife to celebrate our anniversary and thought, hey I wonder what the BCSO (Brevard County Sheriff's Office) thinks of open carry fishing? I contacted the BCSO in writing and asked if their department was familiar with F.S. 790.25(3)(h) fishing activity. This is part of their written response.

A Lieutenant with the Brevard County Sheriff's office responded ......."While 790.25(3)(h) allows person engaged in fishing, camping, or lawful hunting or going to or returning from a fishing, camping, or lawful hunting expedition to possess a firearm it does not enable a person to carry a weapon anywhere they want openly, particularly in urban and suburban areas where others are present. You may also wish to review FSS 810.09 (2) which identifies the offense of armed trespass as a 3rd Degree Felony and FSS 877.03 regulating Breach of the Peace / Disorderly Conduct, a 2nd degree misdemeanor. "
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 6:22:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"the ride"

What happened?

Please elaborate indeed

What year was this?
Link Posted: 5/17/2013 12:31:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"the ride"

What happened?

Please elaborate indeed

What year was this?

I wanna say 2011... The officer was pretty fair with us but didn't wanna have to deal with folks quoting the law to hm...so discretion being the better part of valor..we chose to comply with his wishes....wasn't any point in ruining  a good weekend of beer drinking, steak burning and gun shooting just to exercise the right to open carry

Link Posted: 5/17/2013 12:32:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perhaps this is why they don't: (from a recent thread on another forum):
I was planing an open carry fishing trip for me and the wife to celebrate our anniversary and thought, hey I wonder what the BCSO (Brevard County Sheriff's Office) thinks of open carry fishing? I contacted the BCSO in writing and asked if their department was familiar with F.S. 790.25(3)(h) fishing activity. This is part of their written response.

A Lieutenant with the Brevard County Sheriff's office responded ......."While 790.25(3)(h) allows person engaged in fishing, camping, or lawful hunting or going to or returning from a fishing, camping, or lawful hunting expedition to possess a firearm it does not enable a person to carry a weapon anywhere they want openly, particularly in urban and suburban areas where others are present. You may also wish to review FSS 810.09 (2) which identifies the offense of armed trespass as a 3rd Degree Felony and FSS 877.03 regulating Breach of the Peace / Disorderly Conduct, a 2nd degree misdemeanor. "

br,

Has Florida Carry seen this?

TII

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top