Site Notices
Author
Posted: 2/17/2012 11:46:23 PM EST
[Last Edit: 2/17/2012 11:46:23 PM EST by Aimless]
I ordered a HK p30ls from knesek guns tried to pull a fast one (I ended up filing an BBB complaint) to make a long story short after I sent FFL they sent me an "invoice" with 75 dollars of additional fees not listed anywhere on the product webpage for firearm, in checkout, or confirmation email and this "invoice price" was the CASH price, so along with the invoice they said, "send a Cashiers check, or we can bill your CC for an ADDITIONAL 4%." so they wanted more then 100 bucks more then price I checked out and agreed to pay with my CC. (item was 864 so would have added 13%!)

On top of this I was a bit unhappy with them and told them I was going to file a complaint with BBB and post my story on various message boards if they didn't honor their advertised price as I have NEVER seen such unscrupulous business practices, and that I feel most gun owners are very frugal and would have problems with how they are doing business. Then owner calls me and explains that they are giving "more personal" service by sending out invoices with the additional charges (I had to laugh at that one) and that they "usually take such "threats" to their lawyer". (If you have to have a lawyer, and get enough complaints/"threats" that you "usually" take them to them, then you are doing something VERY wrong in my mind)

I did notice that they Web of Trust addon said they were not trusted but I read the reviews and their seemed to have a few good and a couple bad (but now I think the good were posted by owner and staff, as no one would say this is a good business practice)

Anyone else have anything similar?

I would recommend to STAY AWAY and save yourself the headaches I had to put up with. I could not find many reviews on them but after looking more extensively have found a few more negative ones. (Email proof can be provided if requested, have order confirmation (showing agreed price of 864), "invoice" (showing 75 dollars of additional fees along with 4% CC charge) email, web page pdf print showing price advertised)
bigkracka
Super Secret Squirrel
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/17/2012 7:58:53 PM EST
Did you pay the extra fee? Dispute the charge with your CC, you will win as the CC ALWAYS sides with the customer. The owner is just posturing.
durabo
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/17/2012 9:00:22 PM EST
ozzz169
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/17/2012 11:32:51 PM EST
Ended up just canceling order after a 10 minute explination on how great there service was by sending out an invoice with extra charges after the fact, and say he knew nothing about the issue and would talk to the "IT" guy. Said would cancle the order but we will see if I have to dispute it with CC company or not as I entered it all in on there site as I was checking out.
eric10mm
Zone 5 Resistance Leader
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/18/2012 3:18:56 AM EST
I would be curious to see this invoice and what charges are on it. They state quite clearly, several places, that CC orders are charged a 4% fee. And you are aware that shipping & insurance are not free, right?
“When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.” Thomas Jefferson
Jellybean18
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/18/2012 6:22:17 AM EST
[Last Edit: 2/18/2012 6:24:15 AM EST by Jellybean18]
Originally Posted By eric10mm:
I would be curious to see this invoice and what charges are on it. They state quite clearly, several places, that CC orders are charged a 4% fee. And you are aware that shipping & insurance are not free, right?

But most companies show the shipping cost at checkout before you even enter your CC info. But $75 for shipping and insurance is ridiculous. And you're right, most companies gun prices (that I've seen) reflect a 3-4% cash discount.

ETA: Just had to google "p30ls", it's a handgun. $75 to ship a rifle is crazy, but a HANDGUN? My ffl ships them for $25 tracked and insured.
nf9648
Frustrated Cargo
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/18/2012 1:18:21 PM EST
[Last Edit: 2/18/2012 1:20:05 PM EST by nf9648]
I wont repost my experience with them other than the fact it took 3 months for them to actually send out my form 3 paperwork to BATFE after my check had cleared, and another 3 months to ship to my dealer after that, and they took the included NT4 flash hider out of the box which I had to complain about to get back. Only good thing about them is they will price match anyone in the industry. Email Larry Knesek directly if you want anything done, just dont expect anything done in a timely manner.
"The essence of Government is power; and power, lodged as it must be in human hands, will ever be liable to abuse." --James Madison

ozzz169
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/18/2012 9:34:24 PM EST
[Last Edit: 2/18/2012 10:00:45 PM EST by ozzz169]
well I have the hk on the way from another store, no processing fees, free shipping, and was only 5 bucks more then kgi website page. If there are fees they should be clearly listed, and at minimum posted when you checkout. This is email confirmation sent, same price as listed on site and checkout. I responded asking for ffl contact, they send it to me, I forwarded to ffl that day, he sends it out, then the next day after they have received my ffl I get this "invoice" email (its pdf so I cant post it or I would) but basically it lists an additional shipping ($31), processing($36), and insurance charge($8) that total 75 dollars,

so basically they wanted 939+4% CC processing after everything incuding checkout and confirmation says $864.22... (also I have never seen anyone try to charge more then 3% for CC processing, and even 3% is way too high it cost around 1.5% to process a card). But after all the bs I went back and looked and they mention the cc fee somewhere buried in the FAQ section and nowhere else that I could find. why would you list your fees in a FAQ section and not on the page advertising price of the gun, the shopping cart, or the checkout process???. look at any reputable dealer, fees are listed right there, if its cash it says so, if not it says CC fee, i.e. budsgunshop.

Email text that had Invoice attached:

––- On Thu, 2/16/12, Anna Knesek <aknesek@knesekgroup.com> wrote:

Subject: Invoice
To: ––––––––––––––––-@yahoo.com
Cc: "Larry Knesek" <lknesek@knesekgroup.com>, tbeagle@knesekguns.com
Date: Thursday, February 16, 2012, 4:38 PM

To ––––––––––––––––––––––-

First off, I’d like to personally thank you for your business. Please find attached, your invoice. All pricing reflects a cash discount, please make checks payable to the following address –

Knesek Guns, Inc. (KGI)
1204 Knesek Lane
Van Buren, AR 72956
Attn: Larry Knesek

If you chose to use a credit card, we will be required to add a 4% Credit Card Processing Fee.

Confirmation Email

International Distributor of the Finest Firearms
––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
Order Number: 858
Detailed Invoice: http://www.knesekguns.com/commercial/account_history_info.php?order_id=858
Date Ordered: Wednesday 15 February, 2012

Products
1 x HK P30LS 9mm DA/SA V3 w/ 15rd Mags - M730901L-A5 (M730901L-A5) = $864.22
Sub-Total: $864.22
Total: $864.22

Delivery Address

etc.....
snail50
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/20/2012 2:32:49 AM EST
Not defending Knesek (because post-transaction billing sounds like a BS move on their part) just clarifying CC fees. It is not always 1.5%; it depends on the merchant service provider. It also depends on if the transaction is swiped in-store, or if it's done via the internet. I've seen those fees cost up to 4% of the transaction total, plus a separate flat transaction fee, which can put it over 4%. Also depends on what type of card is used. Visa/MC/Discover fees are usually a bit less than American Excuse, which is probably why a lot of places don't take AE.
eric10mm
Zone 5 Resistance Leader
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/20/2012 4:49:33 AM EST

Originally Posted By ozzz169:
...If there are fees they should be clearly listed, ... why would you list your fees in a FAQ section and not on the page advertising price of the gun,
Not to be argumentative but I checked and the 4% CC fee is clearly mentioned on the description page of every firearm I checked (~a dozen), as well as on the Payment Information page where one enters their CC information for payment.

And I quite easily found a statement that "all shipping charges are to be paid by the buyer unless otherwise specified at initial contact" on their Shipping Policy page. As well, on the Payment Information page there is a statement immediately to the left of the "Continue" button which reads "... please list what shipping method you would prefer so we can calculate your shipping total."

Then, on the Confirmation page there is this statement "Please note that shipping and fees are not added to this total,..." The words that I highlighted in red would have immediately given me pause to inquire further about their "fees".

However I could not find mention of any "processing" fees such as the $36 charge you stated appeared on your invoice.
“When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.” Thomas Jefferson
ozzz169
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/20/2012 8:48:14 AM EST
[Last Edit: 2/20/2012 9:13:38 AM EST by ozzz169]
Maybe they are working on improving service, as they have updated there site to list fees. They have yet to apologize to me about the bs they pulled, but at least they are changing their practices, I have printout of page showing no listing of fees, but glad they have updated the site to make it upfront with future customers.

For me I grew up with a small business family, and know you don't get second chances with customers and need to treat them right, and when I see such poor behavior, they have lost my business forever, and if its bad enough as I feel their service was I think its my obligation to share it with others as there are plenty of stand up companies out there to do business with.

A well run company, would call and say we are sorry we didn't realize the fees are not listed anywhere, as we seem to have had some updating issue with our site (or whatever the excuse is) and that your checkout didn't include the fees we normally charge so we will honor the price you received. But this was clearly not there intention as they decided to just "give personal service" by sending a SEPARATE invoice tacking on 75 bucks, no matter how you slice it that's BS.

But like I said this is just my experience, they probably have lots of customers they treated right, and it seems they have changed there site to try and be more upfront... good for them.. at least they can be more honest with the next guy so he doesn't have the same bs I had to deal with. Too bad they didn't make any effort to make it right with me.
ozzz169
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/21/2012 11:31:25 AM EST
New Update:

Today I receive an email from there lawyer saying that I am slandering them. Just the fact that they have changed there web page, as well as checkout, shows that they admit they were wrong and charging fees not listed. Its a good thing I took the time to print out the page showing that there was no such listing of fees when I made my purchase, as well as the order confirmation email showing no such fees.

What kind of piss poor company would rather pay a lawyer to send threatening letters rather then apologize and admit they were wrong, they took the time to fix there site and list the fees but they would rather send threatening letters than say hey we are sorry the fees were not listed on our site clearly, we have fixed the problem, thanks for bring it to our attention.

I called Larry to request and immediate cease and desist on his false accusations of slander and was hung up on. I have written proof of every statement I have made and you cant just accuse someone of slander because you don't like that they share their story of extremely bad service. I am so appalled by the service I was forced to make a BBB Complaint ID#: 19033980.

STAY AWAY FAR FAR FAR AWAY from this dishonest broker. least you be the next one to have false accusations of slander. (I have emailed all the proof to larry, his lawyer, the BBB, H&K requesting they remove him as an authorized dealer).

williammunny
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/21/2012 12:14:21 PM EST
New Update:

Today I receive an email from there lawyer saying that I am slandering them. Just the fact that they have changed there web page, as well as checkout, shows that they admit they were wrong and charging fees not listed. Its a good thing I took the time to print out the page showing that there was no such listing of fees when I made my purchase, as well as the order confirmation email showing no such fees.

What kind of piss poor company would rather pay a lawyer to send threatening letters rather then apologize and admit they were wrong, they took the time to fix there site and list the fees but they would rather send threatening letters than say hey we are sorry the fees were not listed on our site clearly, we have fixed the problem, thanks for bring it to our attention.

I called Larry to request and immediate cease and desist on his false accusations of slander and was hung up on. I have written proof of every statement I have made and you cant just accuse someone of slander because you don't like that they share their story of extremely bad service. I am so appalled by the service I was forced to make a BBB Complaint ID#: 19033980.

STAY AWAY FAR FAR FAR AWAY from this dishonest broker. least you be the next one to have false accusations of slander. (I have emailed all the proof to larry, his lawyer, the BBB, H&K requesting they remove him as an authorized dealer).

A lawyer, really? That seems low. Instead of dealing with their own customer service issues, they get a lawyer to send an email. Hopefully this thread will show up for anyone doing research on the company. Mark the lawyers email as junk, that way it can go in the appropriate folder.
arodgers
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/21/2012 1:21:19 PM EST
Well, I for one will never do business with the company after this. Thanks for bringing their practices to my attention.
Jellybean18
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/21/2012 1:47:55 PM EST
Originally Posted By arodgers:
Well, I for one will never do business with the company after this. Thanks for bringing their practices to my attention.

You and me both. Time to add another name to my "do not deal" list.
myco4you
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/22/2012 1:45:04 AM EST
Maybe their lawyer is Gonoles
VarmitSniper
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/22/2012 1:57:53 AM EST
Knesek is big on threatening people with their lawyer.... Larry can be a real ass as well. I had personal experience with them in the past and Would never ever deal with them again..

When they started the Thor rifle line I had dealings in the production and just let me say they did not know anything about what they were doing.

You may find yourself one day dead in a ditch somewhere. But by God, you'll find me in a pile of brass...
Jellybean18
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/22/2012 5:19:29 AM EST
Originally Posted By myco4you:

Norinco982lover
Just a small town boy, livin' in a lonely world.
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/22/2012 10:57:45 AM EST
Originally Posted By myco4you:

how dare you say something so funny in a feedback thread.

I appreciate this thread. I had stumbled on that site awhile back and almost bought something. Glad I didn't.
ozzz169
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/22/2012 11:10:34 AM EST
[Last Edit: 2/22/2012 12:09:09 PM EST by ozzz169]
Lets analysis this really fast (from a simpleton point of view)..

What would it have cost him to honor the price advertised and charged.

lets say 3% in CC fees as I used a MC. so 20 bucks, plus what 15 bucks shipping at his cost, so $35. If he only has 5% markup would make $43

$43 - $35 - apology for not listing fees properly = $8 profit + happy customer and good reviews. (and really his cost are not that high and his markup is probably more)

What did he choice to do?

Not honor price advertised + Insult customer with speech on providing "personalized service" + Blame IT department + have lawyer send threatening letters with false accusations of slander = very bad reviews + BBB compliant + Legal Costs + loss of customer + loss of potential customers from bad word of mouth

Now I am not a rocket scientist, but by my basic math skills it is my opinion that this is one of the poorest quality business owners I have ever seen, but that is my simpleton view, and he must be paying a fancy mathematician to due some fancy math stuff and prove that he made a brilliant tactical business decision,and I am sure his Lawyer quickly verified the mathematicians fancy math stuff and agreed wholeheartedly.
thorshammerblow
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/22/2012 12:05:06 PM EST
Originally Posted By arodgers:

+10000
ozzz169
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/22/2012 12:19:03 PM EST
[Last Edit: 2/22/2012 12:32:25 PM EST by ozzz169]
Mr. xxxxxxx,

As stated in the previous emails, please direct all communication to me and not my staff. Furthermore, you have filed your complaint with the Better Business Bureau, which has its own process and procedures. A response will be filed in accordance with those procedures.

Not only do your comments and statements need to be directed away from my staff, but you need to refrain from further contacting Mr. Knesek or his staff. All communication needs to go through me from this point forward.

You should also be aware that you are attempting to interfere with KGI’s business when making such statements to organizations such as H & K, which could further open you up to liability. You are again requested to stop the current course you are on. Otherwise, legal action will be taken against you.

Thank you,

Daniel W. xxxxxx,
Attorney
xxxxxxxx, PLLC
xxxx
Fort Smith, Arkansas 72901
(479) 242-xxxx – ext. 206
(479) 242-xxxx – fax

Response:

Please note that when KGI updated there site AFTER this issue came about is an admission of guilt, that in fact there was no such listing of fees when I placed my order.

Larry needs to cease and desist his threats and stop any and all FALSE accusations of slander, as I have proof that my statements are true, or opinion. I also have the legal right to request H & K review the conduct of their dealers. As well as every legal right to share with whomever and where ever I choose.

Please send me written verification that Larry has agreed to stopped besmirching my good name with false accusations of slander.

GOD BLESS THE USA, and the freedoms we enjoy in this greatest country in the world.

xxxxxxx

P.S. you need to sit your client down and point out a little reality to the guy .........

And let me add for the entertainment of anyone reading this thread what I really feel about you and your client:

There is only one problem MR. LAWYER man, I have followed the law, and your client is wrong, so sue away, sue away. I am looking forward to the counter-suit for defamation of character and false advertising as your client neglected to post the fine print on his advertised prices. I am sure there are a few other clients that have been ill treated by your client and maybe they purchased items that didnt have the fine print listed on the advertised price, is there a class action suit somewhere to be had?

and you know what in this fine country we live I am free to say that I think, your client is the biggest A##hole I have ever had the displeasure to deal with in a financial transaction, and it is my opinion that NO ONE should every do business with such an A##hole, and that in fact you are an A##hole for for dealing with such a despicable person. though its pretty well known that lawyers are generally just hired wh##res, and a##holes so there is nothing new there!

Thank you and have a good day sir.

ozzz169
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/24/2012 4:32:44 PM EST
Another update, another attempt to silence unhappy customers rather then simply post his side and go about his business.

So today, I get another letter from his lawyer. basics..

Offer: delete posts, drop BBB compliant, and he will say sorry, or they will sue me and will cost me thousands to defend.

Response: no delete, no drop, he posts his reply and is free to use anything I have said to support his points as I have nothing to hide. and if he did everything on the up and up should be no problem to let the people decide.

They answered,"this is not acceptable"

LOL these guys think they can just bully everyone don't they?

what would you all do? Delete, drop? or tell em to get bent and see em in court and be forced to counter sue?

nf9648
Frustrated Cargo
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/24/2012 4:53:50 PM EST
Did you at least get your Thor tshirt?
"The essence of Government is power; and power, lodged as it must be in human hands, will ever be liable to abuse." --James Madison

Norinco982lover
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/24/2012 5:01:35 PM EST
[Last Edit: 2/24/2012 5:03:08 PM EST by Norinco982lover]
Edit: do you want to post their full messages to you or keep those to yourself? They have no control over you as far as I know. If you are really concerned you might post in the legal sub forum.

They won't sue you. They have no case and it will get them nowhere.

Slander suit=time and money with no profit

Settling out of court when you are countersued=priceless
ozzz169
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/24/2012 5:33:31 PM EST
well just figured I would save everyone the long legal bs, and also I am not sure if I have a legal right to post the actual offer they sent. I have been told it would be drop immediately and I would have a good shot at the counter suit, so I am about ready to tell them to bring it, as I am pretty sure i have evidence that they falsely advertised there prices, and that them correcting their site after the fact is an admission to the fact that they forgot to post the fine print.

They said that the original offer is still on the table after they rejected my counter offer, but I told em I wont consider any offer unless its in writing and hand signed by Larry Knesek, as I don't trust his word.

I might post everything after I get some additional legal advise clearing me to release it all.

Says a lot that they are wanting to hide everything and wont just post their side of the story. told them to post everything I wrote and said as well, and then the readers can just decide. people are fair minded, if I was unreasonable or too demanding or unreasonable people would see that and judge accordingly.

If nothing else no one else will be blind sided by their fees as they have updated there site.

P.S got the gun from Cove Creek Outfitters out of PA. Great company very friendly and responsive to questions. 869.99 out the door. and no they didn't give me a thor tshirt. maybe I should add that to my counter offer?
Norinco982lover
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/24/2012 6:04:46 PM EST
Good for you.

An absolute defense for defamation/slander/libel is TRUTH.

If you only spoke/wrote the truth you have nothing to worry about. I still think there is no way they will sue.
ozzz169
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/24/2012 6:57:24 PM EST
[Last Edit: 2/24/2012 6:58:01 PM EST by ozzz169]
Just got another email.

I told em I wont respond to anything except signed and dated letters via USPS. I am done wasting my time with them, its WAY to valuable. I know everything I said is true, and sure am glad I took time to print it after he threatened to get his lawyer. I am positive I would win, and probably win a countersuit but ? is could I get enough in a countersuit to make it worth my time... probably not.

At the end of the day this issue is done to me, the truthful reviews posted, if he wants to take it a step further and send some cash my way so be it. But, I did recommend he just send me one of them tshirts someone mentioned and a hand written apology, and I might add a positive post that in the end he tried to make it right at least. So he has an out, but I am guessing from what I have seen so far I will be meeting him sometime soon face to face in court, and he can find out how valuable my time really is.

I am a very good business person, and I will give you this for free because I am actually a very honest good willed person.

The truth shall set you free. Make it right, say your sorry, and you may earn a little good will from people reading and some might take a chance on you,
Lower your fees to the industry standard, (though more and more I am not seeing the cc fees, and usually don't do business with people that charge them, as its too risky to send cash anymore with the shady people out there, and CC offers some protection),
List all fees clearly (I think you have fixed this, though there is still some "other fees" issue from what I have read.
Be honest and sincere, if there is a problem fix it immediately and compensate the customer for there time.
Remember the golden rules of business #1 The customer is always right. #2 If the customer is wrong, see Rule #1.

If you would have called me and said hey I checked on what you said and you were right. how about you just pay 20 bucks for shipping, ill wave the cc fee as it was not listed and I will send you free hat/shirt/pen as my way of saying im sorry for the hassle.

I most people was see that this is fair and say sure sounds good, thanks for making it right, and post positive things about you, as I do for every business that treats me well.

But, I am sure that will fall on deaf ears, you can lead a horse to water but you cant make em drink.

myitinaw
Men for Others
NRA
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/25/2012 12:11:41 PM EST

It would seem that their business practices have deteriorated in the past year or so,
but I had excellent dealings with them in the past. It's a lose-lose situation for them.

With web forums, etc a retailer must be quite cognisant that their business practices
are easily scrutinized by forum members, and that customer service and honesty
should be paramount.

A socialist may indeed be academically superior.
And yet, they are most certainly emotionally retarded.

Minion of Snow #006
nf9648
Frustrated Cargo
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 2/25/2012 1:45:35 PM EST
I wonder why Max hasnt posted here to defend Knesek, hes their arfcom guy...

ozzz169
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/14/2012 12:42:28 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/14/2012 1:31:27 PM EST by ozzz169]
Update: 3/14/12

Yet another letter from the lawyer today reiterating his threat of a law suit. I have dropped this issue and moved on, and yet more bullying attempts from the lawyer.

They say they have proof they have lost business because of my statements. Boo Hoo, Do honest business and treat customers right and they wont tell people about being mistreatment. plan and simple, if you do something wrong fix it, don't threaten lawyers on people. You can't expect to be able to just bully everyone you deal with poorly. The mistake was yours and you made no attempt to fix it, and instead made threats. This is why I have shared my experience with others. I don't think anyone would argue that prices should be clearly listed and upfront, and when it was brought to your attention that you were not doing this you chose to make threats rather then make it right.

I probably would have even just let the issue go if you just refused to honor your price, but threatening lawyers is UNACCEPTABLE, and was not called for at all. I did nothing wrong in expecting a business to honor their prices posted (including all the way through the checkout procedure including payment and confirmation email), or sharing my experience with fellow shooters and gun enthusiasts. I am glad you updated your site to be honest with future consumers, too bad you did not have it that way when I was there as I would not have ordered at all. and not have had this problem with your continue harassment.

KGI POST YOUR RESPONSE BELOW AND LEAVE ME ALONE, THE CONSUMER WILL DECIDE TO DO BUSINESS WITH YOU OR NOT

eric10mm
Zone 5 Resistance Leader
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/14/2012 2:39:09 PM EST
Shady. As. Hell!
jimmyhots
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/15/2012 5:50:32 PM EST
I also had a terrible experience dealing with Knesek Guns. WORST BUSINESS EXPERIENCE EVER, PERIOD. They screwed me out of more $$ than the OP with no compunction whatsoever. I highly advise anyone thinking of doing business with these unscrupulous liars to reconsider.
eric10mm
Zone 5 Resistance Leader
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/16/2012 4:39:29 AM EST

Originally Posted By jimmyhots:
I also had a terrible experience dealing with Knesek Guns. WORST BUSINESS EXPERIENCE EVER, PERIOD. They screwed me out of more $$ than the OP with no compunction whatsoever. I highly advise anyone thinking of doing business with these unscrupulous liars to reconsider.

I foresee a scary cease & desist letter in your future.
randomnut
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/16/2012 7:27:24 PM EST
One more that no longer deals with Knesek. I bought my first 50BMG from them about 6 or 7 years ago, and had excellent service at that time. The term customer service is something they obviously dont understand. I wont be back, neither will my buddies, all of which wanted to get started in the class 3 game, but never could get any of their salesman to make time for such a annoyance as us customers. IMHO, they should shut the doors the public. This all sucks big time since they are only about 2 miles from my house.
Kappax1
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/18/2012 8:04:05 PM EST
Man, i was reading the "Surefire Vs. AAC" thread and got to this page about Knesek, thankfully I did. I was planning to spend a couple of thousands on a few lowers but I will look else where now.
Knightco37
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/19/2012 7:20:05 AM EST
I wouldn’t say that they tried to pull a “fast one” on you. They just did not clarify enough online, that they may possibly have other fees(shipping, cash etc).

I personally have done a lot business with them over the years, and have had nothing more than good experiences. In dealing with them or any other company for that matter, I would suggest maybe calling them or them an email, requesting a total price delivered cost. It’s always good to get it in writing.

My guys and I always end up buying from them because other people simply just do not have what we are looking for or needing in stock. In the past, I would literally spend days contacting everyone just trying to get the best deal… But, at the end of the day, people just don’t have it in stock or just simply cannot obtain it. Now, I honestly contact them first. I ask them if they have the product(s) in stock. If they do, I request a serial number. They always tell me that they will pull one, and that it will be included in the invoice sent over for my review. Then, I notify them of how I wish it shipped, and they add it to the invoice. It’s always pretty cut and dry. If the item is not in stock, they put it on watch for me, and once it comes in, they continue with the same process. Once I have given the green light, they ship the item to me or my dealer.

If you have had a bad experience with them, I would request another salesman. Once you find one that you like, I would just stick with them. That is what my guys and I do personally.

I also have several friends that are stationed right down the road from them, and they have also never had any issues. I feel like this situation is due to the lack of communication and verification. I find this to be the cause of most issues in dealing with any company.

Mark

I ordered a HK p30ls from knesek guns tried to pull a fast one (I ended up filing an BBB complaint) to make a long story short after I sent FFL they sent me an "invoice" with 75 dollars of additional fees not listed anywhere on the product webpage for firearm, in checkout, or confirmation email and this "invoice price" was the CASH price, so along with the invoice they said, "send a Cashiers check, or we can bill your CC for an ADDITIONAL 4%." so they wanted more then 100 bucks more then price I checked out and agreed to pay with my CC. (item was 864 so would have added 13%!)

On top of this I was a bit unhappy with them and told them I was going to file a complaint with BBB and post my story on various message boards if they didn't honor their advertised price as I have NEVER seen such unscrupulous business practices, and that I feel most gun owners are very frugal and would have problems with how they are doing business. Then owner calls me and explains that they are giving "more personal" service by sending out invoices with the additional charges (I had to laugh at that one) and that they "usually take such "threats" to their lawyer". (If you have to have a lawyer, and get enough complaints/"threats" that you "usually" take them to them, then you are doing something VERY wrong in my mind)

I did notice that they Web of Trust addon said they were not trusted but I read the reviews and their seemed to have a few good and a couple bad (but now I think the good were posted by owner and staff, as no one would say this is a good business practice)

Anyone else have anything similar?

I would recommend to STAY AWAY and save yourself the headaches I had to put up with. I could not find many reviews on them but after looking more extensively have found a few more negative ones. (Email proof can be provided if requested, have order confirmation (showing agreed price of 864), "invoice" (showing 75 dollars of additional fees along with 4% CC charge) email, web page pdf print showing price advertised)

Justin3
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/19/2012 1:39:13 PM EST
OP, after seeing this, because they are just being pricks with their threats, etc... I'd recommend reporting their 4% credit card fee to their processor. It is usually against the merchant agreement to have such a fee, and will possibly end in them losing their CC processing company.
bsmith918
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/19/2012 1:57:26 PM EST
Originally Posted By Justin3:
OP, after seeing this, because they are just being pricks with their threats, etc... I'd recommend reporting their 4% credit card fee to their processor. It is usually against the merchant agreement to have such a fee, and will possibly end in them losing their CC processing company.

Actually, you are allowed to give a cash discount. The TOS issues come into effect when you charge a credit card fee. It really jut depends on how they worded the 4%.
RenegadeX
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/19/2012 2:19:43 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/19/2012 2:21:06 PM EST by RenegadeX]

They say they have proof they have lost business because of my statements.

No, they lost it because of their actions. I imagine it is going to get worse until they wise up and figure out how things work today's global economy. They are not the first, nor will they be the last, to be in this predicament.
cms81586
Need More Guns...
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/19/2012 3:18:23 PM EST
Another minor bad experience with them from me. I wasn't out any money but they were. Giving a customer an attitude over the phone when he already has his CC out of his wallet and in hand is yet another reason why they're losing business.
Have you donated to your local volunteer fire department lately?
"I'll take a puppy on Italian Herb and Cheese...baked please" - DoubleARon