Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 12:45:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mgwantob:
I don’t understand why they get so few of these at a time?
View Quote

Are they getting so few, or are they just selling a shitload in very short time?
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 1:28:12 PM EDT
[#2]
If I buy an F stock, will it fit the A3 back plate?
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 4:19:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MagnusActual] [#3]
Maybe they're doing batch runs.

Or they just get so few each time as mentioned...

Link Posted: 11/4/2023 4:27:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MagnusActual] [#4]
Originally Posted By jtstalker:
If I buy an F stock, will it fit the A3 back plate?
View Quote

Don't think so... attention to post #8

HK Pro Forum

Link Posted: 11/4/2023 6:07:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I just received mine, it’s really nice! Noticeably better quality than the MKE stock I got a couple of months ago.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 6:55:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ATLANTIC-FIREARMS] [#6]
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 7:00:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By ATLANTIC-FIREARMS:

MKE only sends these to the US a few times a year and they are in high demand thus they do not last very long.

https://atlanticfirearms.com/media/cache/sylius_shop_product_original/product/mke-mp5-buttstock-4.jpg
View Quote

Any chance you’ll get the MKE A2 buttstocks? I like the vintage look of those.
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 8:06:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By mgwantob:

Any chance you’ll get the MKE A2 buttstocks? I like the vintage look of those.
View Quote

Yes please!
Link Posted: 11/4/2023 8:47:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 4:31:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By osprey21:
I'm fairly certain MKE used '33' buttstocks (metal backplates and concave buttpads) for their MP5s.
View Quote

I got an MP5 A3 stock and a 33 from the first import this year and the MP5 is an MP5 stock with buffer while the 33 has the metal backplate.
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 5:48:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/6/2023 7:38:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Why tf are these being shipped out 21+ signature required for delivery.

Link Posted: 11/7/2023 10:01:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By TigerHawk:

View Quote

Yeah, just found that out yesterday… guess I’m going to the post office tonight…
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 12:16:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By TigerHawk:

View Quote

I was just leaving the house yesterday when the package arrived and I had to sign for it.  A few minutes earlier and I would have had to visit the post office.
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 2:43:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Yeah I thought it was odd, it needed a signature. But whatever.

Played with it last night. Way better quality than I had expected. Now I've never messed with a genuine H&K a3 so I don't have a point of comparison, but this one locks up tight with virtually zero wiggle side to side.

Looks great and the finish is even. Had to open and close it a few dozen times to break in and now it's smooth. Overall very happy with it and worth the price to me. Always wanted an A3 stock for that iconic look.

All that being said, you guys weren't joking about the A2 being the better stock of the two. WAY more comfortable and easier to get a sight picture than the A3. Nice to have optioms though.
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 8:52:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ATLANTIC-FIREARMS] [#16]
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 9:09:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kcolg30] [#17]
Correct me if I'm wrong. But in Diehard the MP5 which was used was not really an MP5. It was an HK94 cut down to be made to look like an MP5. Hence it does not have a magazine paddle release, nor a three lug adapter on the muzzle. If that's the case in DieHard is the stock that is being used a A3 or is it a slightly different stock for the HK94. If I recall the 94 uses a different stock than the MP5, correct?
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 9:53:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By kcolg30:
Correct me if I'm wrong. But in Diehard the MP5 which was used was not really an MP5. It was an HK94 cut down to be made to look like an MP5. Hence it does not have a magazine paddle release, nor a three lug adapter on the muzzle. If that's the case in DieHard is the stock that is being used a A3 or is it a slightly different stock for the HK94. If I recall the 94 uses a different stock than the MP5, correct?
View Quote

Yes on the cut down, no on the stock. Stock is the same whether it’s MP5 or HK94. Same for the A2.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 3:10:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MagnusActual] [#19]
Saw this posted on HKPro

Atlantic Firearms.com
Posted 3 days ago

FYI , Expecting to see a fresh shipment of the MKE MP5 stocks arriving in the next 7-10 days
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/15/2024 11:10:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Is today the day?
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 2:13:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 2:28:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dump1567] [#22]
Originally Posted By ATLANTIC-FIREARMS:
The MKE stocks have cleared customs and will arrive this week and expect to have them ready by Friday the 19th
View Quote

So, they'll hit the website on Friday (hopefully), and I can stop checking the site 50 times a day until Friday?
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 5:58:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Damon_23:
Ordered one June 28 and it arrived July 1. Fit and finish seem great. Snug fit onto my PTR. No wobble when extended. Sold an HK version a few years ago and had regretted it. This is on par with my old one.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/113101/IMG_2606_jpeg-2881836.JPG
View Quote

What is that trigger housing?
Link Posted: 1/15/2024 6:03:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By KarlSG1:

What is that trigger housing?
View Quote

Looks like a Lee Sporting.

https://hkparts.net/all-parts/lee-sporting-hk-mp5-complete-trigger-group/
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 12:03:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Stock available now!
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 12:46:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By dump1567:
Stock available now!
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/19/2024 12:59:15 PM EDT
[#27]
I wonder how long they will stay in stock this time?!
(Pun intended)
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 1:02:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Still there - perhaps the overall supply is catching up with demand.  I got one last year, so no need for me to get another.

The HK33 stock is tempting, if those are ever imported from MKE.
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 4:10:29 PM EDT
[#29]
The Host.  Just need to test fire and send in my Form 1.

Link Posted: 1/19/2024 7:10:05 PM EDT
[#30]
The Host.  Just need to test fire and send in my Form 1.

https://i.imgur.com/tCmHqvu.jpg
View Quote

the HK boys won't let you play in their reindeer games if you put a MKE stock on that...
Link Posted: 1/19/2024 7:22:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By BlackbirdRider:

the HK boys won't let you play in their reindeer games if you put a MKE stock on that...
View Quote

Then they’ll really be mad if I put my A3 airsoft stock on it.

Right now, I’m a little disappointed in the slight up and down wiggle with the trigger assembly on this HK.  Doesn’t happen on my AP’s, but they do have the push pin front.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 6:38:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jdb3] [#32]
Still in stock a week later. Guessing the price has finally caught up with demand with the stock being 1/3rd the price of the core pistol.

Mine is absurdly tight. Both to install and to collapse and extend the stock. I see paint chipping and rubbing off the gun and stock so I hope it loosens up a bit but still seems retardedly tight to me. I knew going in that these weren't going to be anywhere near practical when compared to the weight and comfort of other stocks but had to have it for the looks. I really don't think it should require a rubber mallet to collapse it and tied off with a tow strap between a live oak and my truck to extend it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 9:36:07 PM EDT
[#33]
My only gripe is that some of the molding on the buttpad over hangs and is very sharp. I'll have to hit it with an razor blade
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 10:10:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By RedFox1911:
My only gripe is that some of the molding on the buttpad over hangs and is very sharp. I'll have to hit it with an razor blade
View Quote

I actually put some holes in a t-shirt due to this.

Knocked them down with a file and all is well.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 12:47:23 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By jdb3:
Still in stock a week later. Guessing the price has finally caught up with demand with the stock being 1/3rd the price of the core pistol.

Mine is absurdly tight. Both to install and to collapse and extend the stock. I see paint chipping and rubbing off the gun and stock so I hope it loosens up a bit but still seems retardedly tight to me. I knew going in that these weren't going to be anywhere near practical when compared to the weight and comfort of other stocks but had to have it for the looks. I really don't think it should require a rubber mallet to collapse it and tied off with a tow strap between a live oak and my truck to extend it.
View Quote

Mine is really tight also. Not scraping paint off the gun but I have to smack the butt with the palm of my hand to lock it closed and pull pretty firm to extend it. I'm sure it'll loosen some over time
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 10:55:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Nyle_AR15:

Mine is really tight also. Not scraping paint off the gun but I have to smack the butt with the palm of my hand to lock it closed and pull pretty firm to extend it. I'm sure it'll loosen some over time
View Quote

mine is too...and there is similar complaints on the HK forum.. out of spec or too much paint...
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 2:35:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MagnusActual] [#37]

mine is too...and there is similar complaints on the HK forum.. out of spec or too much paint...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Nyle_AR15:

Clarification: My stock is from the very first original batch... Not current batch

This. Too much paint on the inner arm rails (the part that rides in the channels on the gun) on the MKE A3's. I actually wet sanded the inner rails to remove some paint as it's pretty thick.

Factory HK A3 stock inner arm rails  are not painted.

Link Posted: 1/27/2024 7:16:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Mine is extremely tight to get the end cap over the receiver.  I haven’t been able to get it on yet.   Not sure how much I want to force it because I’m not sure if I’ll be able to get it back off.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 7:41:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By HD2006:
Mine is extremely tight to get the end cap over the receiver.  I haven't been able to get it on yet.   Not sure how much I want to force it because I'm not sure if I'll be able to get it back off.
View Quote
Same.  I tried it on 2 of my MKE's... one was a Zenith import and the other a Century.  Neither lets the stock fit.  I even tried it on my MP5SD without luck.  Going to reach out to Atlantic.  These are clearly out of spec.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 8:04:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dump1567] [#40]
Mine is extremely tight to get the end cap over the receiver.  I haven’t been able to get it on yet.   Not sure how much I want to force it because I’m not sure if I’ll be able to get it back off.
View Quote

I collapsed the stock and spread the two rails apart to put them in the channels on the gun and pushed it on.  The end cap was still a little tight, did a little wiggling, but it fit.  Trying to get it on with the stock extended didn't work at all.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 11:09:33 PM EDT
[#41]
@ATLANTIC-FIREARMS

I think you got a batch of stocks that are out of spec - and I'm not even getting to the point of seeing how the innter arm rails fit, as the cap won't go on.

I have two MKE AP5's - one of the very early ones imported by Zenith as well as one of the later ones imported by Century - both Turkish MKE's.  This stock doesn't go on either of them.  The end cap appears out of spec.  I even tried it on my MP5SD as well and it would not fit.  It's not "thick paint".  This is the end cap not aligning properly.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 1:28:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jdb3] [#42]
A little googling came up with multiple posts within the past day on Reddit about these being too tight. It's obvious someone went and fucked around with the recipe.

I just received my MKE A3 stock from the latest Atlantic drop last night, and have a few questions.

After I got the stock on my AP5, which was a tight fit, it seems like the stock itself is incredibly hard to extend and retract. I had to use my rubber mallet to get the stock to move back and forth, which to me doesn't feel right. Is there any way to loosen these things up or do I just need to mess with it more and break it in?

Also, the paddle that locks the stock into place is canted to the side. In all the photos I've seen of other A3 stocks it looks as if they should be perfectly vertical. Is there any way to adjust the paddle?

Any help or insight would be appreciated!
View Quote

I popped mine on my POF (got it today too like many.) It was TIGHT and also really hard to retract/extract. I put a little oil on the contact parts then JACKED IT LIKE I JUST GOT THE INTERNET BABY! I mean I just sat there cranking that hog ...stock. It wore in a bit and now it's decent. Not super tough, not so slick it just drops. No major marring or anything. But also I'm more of an "AK guy" (I fucking hate that term) and I'm used to way worse on fitment and scrapes/marring etc.
View Quote

I had similar issues. Just have to work it in. Slam it shut, open repeat. Took a while for lockup to be achieved. Now it slides out with gravity. And I think the paddle being canted is ok.
View Quote

This is what I was asking about the other after I received mine.it is supper tight. It didn't want to scratch up the finish on the AP5 yet, lol. Might do a little buffing and / or sanding on the stock bars
View Quote

Mine arrived with a bent arm and is useless, also the arms are canted in the cap a few degrees.
View Quote

I'm glad to see that my A3 wasn't the only one whose finish just immediately wore off from opening and closing it a few times.
View Quote

Same here. I was pissed at first, but it kinda is what it is. Lol
View Quote

Same. Just installed mine and put a ton of clp on the rails and still wore off the paint and required a rubber hammer to install on AP5
View Quote

Correction: after attempting to install this stock the pin holes are too small and the pin will not fit, therefore I am unable to install this stock.

Just received my MKE A3 Stock in the mail from Atlantic firearms.

Packaging was top notch from Atlantic firearms

The A3 stock from MKE imported by Century Arms is above my expectations. The finish is excellent. The fit and function is strong and has tight lockup just like my KES Stock that I used before selling it off for the A3.

It sells for $359 and I don’t regret spending that much on a stock. I own a B&T MP5k telescopic stock and a B&T APC9K telescopic stock that was more expensive than the MKE A3 and both stock are right on par with each other.

All in all I recommend this A3 to anyone in the market for a stock

Here is a link to photos
View Quote

Just got my MKE stock today. Mine is definitely stiff. Easier to pull out, but pushing the stock back in it is really stiff.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/28/2024 2:50:20 AM EDT
[#43]

I collapsed the stock and spread the two rails apart to put them in the channels on the gun and pushed it on.  The end cap was still a little tight, did a little wiggling, but it fit.  Trying to get it on with the stock extended didn't work at all.
View All Quotes

That’s the same problem I’m having.  It’s not the rails, in fact with the stock collapsed those slide nicely into the channel on the receiver.  It’s the end cap that literally runs into the back of the receiver.  I don’t want to hammer on my AP5 or SP5 receivers trying to force it on.  

Pretty disappointed, this is the second time I’ve had an out of spec MKE A3 stock.  I ordered one from the very first batch that sold out in minutes and that one wouldn’t latch in the closed position.  Atlantic was great and took it back but couldn’t replace it as they had sold out.  Now this one has an out of spec end cap.  I think I’m going to have to suck it up and drop the money for an HK A3 stock.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 10:56:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kcobean] [#44]
Edited….see my post in Page 3.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 11:07:49 PM EDT
[#45]
The end cap scraped the paint off of mine in a few opening and closing cycles. It’s very tight as well.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 11:13:52 PM EDT
[#46]
I reached out to support at Atlantic a couple days ago and so far, crickets...  
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 11:18:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kcobean] [#47]
Originally Posted By jtb33:
View Quote

To be fair, it was a weekend. Hopefully they’ll address this this week. There’s tight and then there’s whatever this is.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 11:30:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By kcobean:

To be fair, it was a weekend. Hopefully they'll address this this week. There's tight and then there's whatever this is.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kcobean:

To be fair, it was a weekend. Hopefully they'll address this this week. There's tight and then there's whatever this is.
Yeah, but 2 full business days have passed now (all Monday and all Tuesday) with no response.  They can't be inundated with these emails, as they even now, they still haven't sold out of the stock.  I'll be curious to see how they respond and next steps.  I don't know if it's the whole batch, or we got a few lemons.  Judging by the amount of us, it's likely the whole batch.  

Seems that there are a few who are so anxious to get the stock and put it on, that they will hammer it on rather than wait for Atlantic/MKE to fix the issue.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 11:53:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Yeah, but 2 full business days have passed now (all Monday and all Tuesday) with no response.  They can't be inundated with these emails, as they even now, they still haven't sold out of the stock.  I'll be curious to see how they respond and next steps.  I don't know if it's the whole batch, or we got a few lemons.  Judging by the amount of us, it's likely the whole batch.  

Seems that there are a few who are so anxious to get the stock and put it on, that they will hammer it on rather than wait for Atlantic/MKE to fix the issue.  
View Quote

Agreed
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 12:19:23 AM EDT
[#50]
@ATLANTIC-FIREARMS
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top