Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 1:27:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got mags, ammo, a grip, optics and laser waiting for one. I hope I can click "buy" fast enough when they're released
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 2:30:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By P229SAS:

I saw on another forum post from last year that someone called Surefire directly and was able to order one of a few that were remaining on hand (assuming long gone by now).

They were apparently told that an order of 25 or more would be needed to do another run.

It might be worth calling Surefire and finding out if any are available or what would be needed to get more, such as organizing a group purchase.
View Quote

I did call SF customer service. Guy just kind of chuckled and said no. I didn’t ask about a minimum group buy but he wasn’t too interested in providing that info. My guess is he has had a lot of calls about them.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 4:55:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By BBOHACH:

I did call SF customer service. Guy just kind of chuckled and said no. I didn’t ask about a minimum group buy but he wasn’t too interested in providing that info. My guess is he has had a lot of calls about them.
View Quote

The downside to those flash/mounts is they require the mandrel to access your piston for cleaning. The ID of the hole through the front cap is smaller than the OD of the SF flash. So, every time you need to clean your piston (I want to say 500 rounds was recommended), you have to pull the flash. Cranking on the flash without the mandrel is gonna ruin someone’s day.

Regarding the mags, Tom didn’t import mags.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 7:56:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I sincerely hope I don't miss the drop. I just bought the can
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 8:06:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Nzfly:

The downside to those flash/mounts is they require the mandrel to access your piston for cleaning. The ID of the hole through the front cap is smaller than the OD of the SF flash. So, every time you need to clean your piston (I want to say 500 rounds was recommended), you have to pull the flash. Cranking on the flash without the mandrel is gonna ruin someone’s day.

Regarding the mags, Tom didn’t import mags.
View Quote

You’re right on the mags, it was the stocks and gas blocks he mentioned.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 3:10:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ubermcoupe] [#6]
Edit
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 1:24:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:

HK is so strange to me sometimes.

The fact that they're supportive of Tommy cloning their guns and making money doing it is...I mean am I the only person that doesn't get that?

Don't get me wrong - I think it's great they have a good relationship with Tommy, but it always strikes me as odd.

And why would they make MP7 magazines commercially available for a gun that isn't?
View Quote

It's a you scratch my back I scratch yours deal. Tom's been in the business for a long while and had a good relation with HK from the beginning. It's in HK's best interest to promote on the side what Tom does because this allows them to move units they don't need to tool up for (HK SL8, and USC) and liquidate built up stock for SKUs that have been lingering. It also appeases the US market for those clamoring for "Where MP7?" without HK having to do much of anything and no liability.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 1:37:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By renesis:

It's a you scratch my back I scratch yours deal. Tom's been in the business for a long while and had a good relation with HK from the beginning. It's in HK's best interest to promote on the side what Tom does because this allows them to move units they don't need to tool up for (HK SL8, and USC) and liquidate built up stock for SKUs that have been lingering. It also appeases the US market for those clamoring for "Where MP7?" without HK having to do much of anything and no liability.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By renesis:
Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:

HK is so strange to me sometimes.

The fact that they're supportive of Tommy cloning their guns and making money doing it is...I mean am I the only person that doesn't get that?

Don't get me wrong - I think it's great they have a good relationship with Tommy, but it always strikes me as odd.

And why would they make MP7 magazines commercially available for a gun that isn't?

Yep. The MP7 hasn’t been hugely successful. Anything they can legally do to offset development costs, etc. helps.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 2:20:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: osprey21] [#9]
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 2:51:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By fike:

Yep. The MP7 hasn’t been hugely successful. Anything they can legally do to offset development costs, etc. helps.
View Quote

Serials are in excess of 30k.  Not bad for a niche weapon.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 4:35:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Norway is probably the single largest purchaser of the MP7, they bought a lot of them (6,500 per Wikipedia). Otherwise it doesn't look like any large-scale users.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 11:19:26 AM EDT
[#12]
I just bought a couple MP7 mags from HK Parts. Fuck me for wanting one of these stupid guns, and fuck HK Parts for their asshole behavior-yes I threw their stupid sticker that came with my order in the trash.

I probably should have just waited to see if a future supply of mags and the guns themselves are viable.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 12:38:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By MikeMilligan:
I just bought a couple MP7 mags from HK Parts. Fuck me for wanting one of these stupid guns, and fuck HK Parts for their asshole behavior-yes I threw their stupid sticker that came with my order in the trash.

I probably should have just waited to see if a future supply of mags and the guns themselves are viable.
View Quote

Ha I feel the same way. I snagged 4 of the 30 rounders from them a couple days ago that arrive tomorrow. I also did 7 of the 40 round back order from Brownells but I doubt those will ever show up. Only places that actually “have” them.

Snagged 1100 rounds as well and debating on another K. Again, never gone this hard on a gun before buying it but this is my dream gun (or as close to it as I’ll get without winning the lottery) so I’m all in.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 10:13:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dtux] [#14]

Ha I feel the same way. I snagged 4 of the 30 rounders from them a couple days ago that arrive tomorrow. I also did 7 of the 40 round back order from Brownells but I doubt those will ever show up. Only places that actually "have" them.

Snagged 1100 rounds as well and debating on another K. Again, never gone this hard on a gun before buying it but this is my dream gun (or as close to it as I'll get without winning the lottery) so I'm all in.
View All Quotes

Ha I feel the same way. I snagged 4 of the 30 rounders from them a couple days ago that arrive tomorrow. I also did 7 of the 40 round back order from Brownells but I doubt those will ever show up. Only places that actually "have" them.

Snagged 1100 rounds as well and debating on another K. Again, never gone this hard on a gun before buying it but this is my dream gun (or as close to it as I'll get without winning the lottery) so I'm all in.

I sincerely hope more 40rd mags become available. I'm glad I ordered some early. The prices on Gunbroker are... something

ETA: Sweet jeebus. Even the 30s have gone stupid.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 6:01:05 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm curious what the magazine situation is going to look like going forward since he didn't import any.

Would be a real bummer to have the gun with no mags to shoot it with.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 6:54:10 PM EDT
[#16]

Ha I feel the same way. I snagged 4 of the 30 rounders from them a couple days ago that arrive tomorrow. I also did 7 of the 40 round back order from Brownells but I doubt those will ever show up. Only places that actually “have” them.

Snagged 1100 rounds as well and debating on another K. Again, never gone this hard on a gun before buying it but this is my dream gun (or as close to it as I’ll get without winning the lottery) so I’m all in.
View All Quotes

Tempted to backorder 2-4 of the Brownells 40rds mags for investment.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 6:55:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By lilMAC25:

Tempted to backorder 2-4 of the Brownells 40rds mags for investment.
View Quote

I backordered 7. Just for myself unless I can never get a T7..
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 7:34:40 PM EDT
[#18]

I backordered 7. Just for myself unless I can never get a T7..
View Quote

At the point Brownells is capable of filling back orders, you should be able to buy them directly on HK’s webshop. The last import was 75 of the 40 round mags, 75. 25 went to one buyer and the rest went to HKparts. HK has stated they are filling an 80k government order, and it won’t be until afterwards that the civilian market gets any.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 2:29:02 PM EDT
[#19]
I just bought another 40rd mag for far too much. I think I'm done for a while, at least until (if) I get my hands on the gun.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 3:22:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By dtux:
I just bought another 40rd mag for far too much. I think I'm done for a while, at least until (if) I get my hands on the gun.
View Quote

The two for 900 buy it now on GB??
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 3:50:31 PM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes

Those are some beat looking mags that dude's selling. Forget all that noise...

...I got the new one for $460
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 4:16:30 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

Oof. Glad I snagged some 30s from HKP. I thought those were high but the bids on GB are getting crazy. Fingers crossed the brownells ones eventually workout but I don’t think they will. Curious to see what Tom ends up doing.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 4:34:17 PM EDT
[#23]

Oof. Glad I snagged some 30s from HKP. I thought those were high but the bids on GB are getting crazy. Fingers crossed the brownells ones eventually workout but I don't think they will. Curious to see what Tom ends up doing.
View All Quotes

Oof. Glad I snagged some 30s from HKP. I thought those were high but the bids on GB are getting crazy. Fingers crossed the brownells ones eventually workout but I don't think they will. Curious to see what Tom ends up doing.

I stocked up on 30s the day it was announced and backordered a couple 40s. I'm impatient and wanted to make sure I got at least one 40 in-hand. "Oof" sums it up pretty well though.

The stock is the last thing I still need to get.

...and the gun, I suppose.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 5:06:30 PM EDT
[#24]

I stocked up on 30s the day it was announced and backordered a couple 40s. I'm impatient and wanted to make sure I got at least one 40 in-hand. "Oof" sums it up pretty well though.

View Quote

Haha same. I got everything else now to include the Surefire flash hider which was my big win.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 5:51:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Is it just me or does he need to get a more stable web platform? I think it might be caving under what I assume amounts to a DOS attack from all the web change monitors that are pinging that page.

Not that I have one that keeps pinging me when it crashes and throws up a cloudflare error or anything.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 5:54:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By jt526:
Is it just me or does he need to get a more stable web platform? I think it might be caving under what I assume amounts to a DOS attack from all the web change monitors that are pinging that page.

Not that I have one that keeps pinging me when it crashes and throws up a cloudflare error or anything.
View Quote

It's not down due to heavy traffic. He's currently in the process of upgrading his web site. He said a couple weeks ago he is upgrading it specifically for the T7 launch.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 6:12:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By mak0:

It's not down due to heavy traffic. He's currently in the process of upgrading his web site. He said a couple weeks ago he is upgrading it specifically for the T7 launch.
View Quote

Yep in a Facebook group he stated he is upgrading servers.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 11:33:51 PM EDT
[#28]

Haha same. I got everything else now to include the Surefire flash hider which was my big win.
View All Quotes

Not too shabby, man. Are Surefire cans available?
I went straight for the B&T suppressor for a clone-ish setup.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 7:07:46 AM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

It just uses a 556 mini can.

Pics stolen from google

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 7:23:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Unobtanium gun in unobtanium caliber for unattainable price. What's not to love?
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 7:29:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By foggy:
Unobtanium gun in unobtanium caliber for unattainable price. What's not to love?
View Quote

You got the price part right, gun part semi right, ammo is actually pretty available and not crazy expensive. Pay to play I guess when you want something bad enough. Close as I’ll ever get to my “grail” gun so I’m in.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 11:20:36 AM EDT
[#32]

Pics stolen from google

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/314960/IMG_1201_jpeg-3116608.JPG
View All Quotes

Pics stolen from google

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/314960/IMG_1201_jpeg-3116608.JPG

I read that changing the muzzle device out for the AAC or Surefire could add a bit of work but, after seeing that, I could probably be okay with that

Originally Posted By foggy:

For better or worse, the MP7 is a gun that I've wanted since I was a little kid drooling over it on television and video games. For the majority of my life, I thought I'd never even get to see one up close, outside of some rental range, if I got lucky.
The T7 is as close to obtainable as it's going to be for a regular guy. I'll happily forego another toy purchase or two for it.
So far, ammo has been the cheapest thing for it yet. I payed more the last time I bought 5.56.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 2:57:06 PM EDT
[#33]

I read that changing the muzzle device out for the AAC or Surefire could add a bit of work but, after seeing that, I could probably be okay with that

View Quote

You need the armorers tool set to do it correctly without risking cracking the receiver. Bostic isn’t going to warranty your gun if you crank on the flash without locking out the trunnion with the mandrel.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 8:30:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Hope some of the armorers kits get released.

4.6 case came in last night. What is this, a caliber for ants? Haha it’s so cute. consolidated firearms based on ammunition not that long ago and didn’t plan on adding any new cartridges but oh well!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 9:48:44 AM EDT
[#35]
Hope some of the armorers kits get released.

4.6 case came in last night. What is this, a caliber for ants? Haha it's so cute. consolidated firearms based on ammunition not that long ago and didn't plan on adding any new cartridges but oh well!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/314960/IMG_1371_jpeg-3117809.JPG
View Quote
Remember when a decade ago that LR round on the right would been a flex?

Link Posted: 2/4/2024 11:41:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: eurotrash] [#36]
What are you guys going to do with all your MP7 playsets and accessories if the drop comes and goes and you are left empty handed?
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 12:19:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By eurotrash:
What are you guys going to do with all your MP7 playsets and accessories if the drop comes and goes and you are left empty handed?
View Quote

Sell all my parts and pieces for a tremendous markup and buy back in when it becomes a regular part of the Tommybuilt lineup.

How are you planning to cope?
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 12:25:07 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

…wait for the next drop…

He’s got a ton invested in molds and tooling. I doubt he’s just making 500.

I’m expecting it to be a few years before the guns, mags, and ammo are all freely available.

Link Posted: 2/4/2024 12:38:41 PM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

Probably be sad and cry. lol what answer are you searching for here?
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 12:47:23 PM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

Stash them in the safe and wait until I can buy one at retail. I won’t buy one from a gunbroker reseller, that’s for sure.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 7:05:15 PM EDT
[#41]

Sell all my parts and pieces for a tremendous markup and buy back in when it becomes a regular part of the Tommybuilt lineup.

How are you planning to cope?
View Quote

Of course, you must have bought everything cheap.

Tommybuilt is doing great things but I am not a fan of the polymer quality and fit & finish. If HK releases an SP7, I’ll pick one up, but I’m not crazy about the TP7.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 8:35:50 PM EDT
[#42]

Tommybuilt is doing great things but I am not a fan of the polymer quality and fit & finish. If HK releases an SP7, I’ll pick one up, but I’m not crazy about the TP7.
View Quote

There will never be an SP7. Germany will never let them export it for civilian use. It wouldn't be worth tooling up in the US for the limited number of people who would pay. It will never happen. It's a clone or nothing.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 12:02:26 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By akumadiavolo:

There will never be an SP7. Germany will never let them export it for civilian use. It wouldn't be worth tooling up in the US for the limited number of people who would pay. It will never happen. It's a clone or nothing.
View All Quotes

People were saying the same thing about the MP5/SP5 the years leading up to H&K importing those.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/-ARCHIVED-THREAD-Why-doesn-t-HK-made-a-domestic-semi-only-MP5/9-478503/?page=1
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 12:04:01 AM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/5/2024 2:49:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: akumadiavolo] [#45]
Originally Posted By tranzformer:

People were saying the same thing about the MP5/SP5 the years leading up to H&K importing those.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/-ARCHIVED-THREAD-Why-doesn-t-HK-made-a-domestic-semi-only-MP5/9-478503/?page=1
View Quote

And this is different. Centerfire handguns made after 1970 with a caliber under 6.3mm are automatically on the German prohibited weapons list. That forbids civilian sales locally and export for civilian sales. The SP5 is not under 6.3mm, the MP7 is. And as the MP7/SP7 is or would be based on a military weapon it is not eligible for any exemption from the prohibited list. The law isn't going to change, so the MP7 will never be exported for civilian use.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 5:42:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BBOHACH] [#46]
My loot pile is building. Hopefully @eurotrash doesn’t keep me from getting a T7. 3 more 20 round magazines on the way. Need to find some 40 rounders that aren’t insanely priced.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 11:11:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dtux] [#47]
Anyone want to trade for some GPNVG-18s?
You'll have to add of course.

Link Posted: 2/8/2024 7:43:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Showoffs. I’ll go be poor over here.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 8:46:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Just need the stock now and I'll be set

Link Posted: 2/9/2024 1:58:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Just need the stock now and I'll be set

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/235602/1000006294-3122632.jpg
View Quote

I bought the compact version.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top