Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 4:24:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RDTCU:
Related, for those of us with shallower pockets
The PSA X57 concept from Shot

As much as i want a TT MP7 i don't think i'll e able to put that much into one, especially given current ammo options.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/173511/1000003031_jpg-3104769.JPG
View Quote

Looks like a hipoint rip off of the MP7....

Trigger safety vs manual safety, for a PDW/bag gun.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 4:29:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By CKxx:
Everyone loves to pardon HK and cite "muh German export laws." If that were true, we wouldn't have half the cool guns we have today. All the manufacturers (that care) open a US-based facility.

I've said it 1000 times, I wish HK would go bankrupt (again) so the IP could be auctioned to someone that isn't an asshole.
View Quote

HK is a corporation, not a charity. If they thought they could recoup the massive cost of opening a new factory and make more profit than they would by investing the money somewhere else, they would. They aren't choosing to leave money on the table. They are profit driven like everyone else.

But this is the US, and people here aren't actually lining up in droves to buy the existing high priced HK products. Building a factory to build a 433 when people are just gonna say "what does this do bettah than muh AR-15" and then buy 5 more ARs isn't a smart investment. Especially for a company that seemingly is always on the bleeding edge of going under again.

If FN wasn't selling rifles to the US military, they wouldn't have a big factory over here either. That's being propped up by their massive military contracts. HK doesn't have those here. It not that HK doesn't care, it's that we aren't worth it. That's how capitalism works.

I bought my T36 from Tom almost a year after they were available. My serial number was high 2 digits. My replacement after the recall is mid 3 digit. HK isn't opening a factory for that fucking volume.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 4:50:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By akumadiavolo:

HK is a corporation, not a charity. If they thought they could recoup the massive cost of opening a new factory and make more profit than they would by investing the money somewhere else, they would. They aren't choosing to leave money on the table. They are profit driven like everyone else.

But this is the US, and people here aren't actually lining up in droves to buy the existing high priced HK products. Building a factory to build a 433 when people are just gonna say "what does this do bettah than muh AR-15" and then buy 5 more ARs isn't a smart investment. Especially for a company that seemingly is always on the bleeding edge of going under again.

If FN wasn't selling rifles to the US military, they wouldn't have a big factory over here either. That's being propped up by their massive military contracts. HK doesn't have those here. It not that HK doesn't care, it's that we aren't worth it. That's how capitalism works.

I bought my T36 from Tom almost a year after they were available. My serial number was high 2 digits. My replacement after the recall is mid 3 digit. HK isn't opening a factory for that fucking volume.
View Quote

ain't got time for none of that there "smarty facts and such" this is ARF

you just don't look like a cool kid by posting that

you DO want to look like a cool kid

Don't you?
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 6:25:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow! I thought this would be way over $3500. Shit, at $3500 I'd buy one, although I'm sure the entire first run will be bought up in seconds and on GB for 2-3x.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 6:46:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RDTCU] [#5]
Originally Posted By Zerlak:

View Quote

Yeah, not the prettiest, but what they show there appears to be just a shell for a Rock pistol.
Not sure if that's what the production version would look like.
PSA has been cranking out some neat stuff recently.

On the poor man's MP7 front, i have this

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 9:33:59 PM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

HK doesn't need to open a factory to produce the MP7 here - they can just make it in Germany and export it as a semi-auto pistol (exactly like they do with the SP5). An SP7, if you will.

I'm really curious how sales of the SP5 have gone for them because that would be a good indicator of potential future German made pistol imports (like an SP7).

That being said, certainly (to your point) they're not doing shit unless they're going to make a hefty profit from it, but again,  I'm curious about SP5 net revenues. It sure seems like they've sold a shit load of SP5s at $3,000+ for the past several years - I'd like to think they could do the same with an SP7.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 10:58:32 PM EDT
[#7]
SHOT Show 2024: Tommybuilt Tactical T7 (MP7) Exclusive Interview
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 9:24:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Man, this is the first gun I’ve been excited for in a while. Hoping to snag one from the first batch.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 11:31:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Scrapple] [#9]
Is there still talk of making this in both 4.6 and 5.7? Or any other calibers?
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 11:37:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Thought I was done with stamps but if I were to get one of these I'd have to SBR it and get it in 4.6, just to be a proper clone nerd.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 11:47:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:

HK doesn't need to open a factory to produce the MP7 here - they can just make it in Germany and export it as a semi-auto pistol (exactly like they do with the SP5). An SP7, if you will.

I'm really curious how sales of the SP5 have gone for them because that would be a good indicator of potential future German made pistol imports (like an SP7).

That being said, certainly (to your point) they're not doing shit unless they're going to make a hefty profit from it, but again,  I'm curious about SP5 net revenues. It sure seems like they've sold a shit load of SP5s at $3,000+ for the past several years - I'd like to think they could do the same with an SP7.
View Quote

SP5s and SP5ks were flying off the shelves and selling for huge markets in the aftermarket.  Now?  Finding them at MSRP and sometimes lower is not really that difficult....esp the SP5s.  I suspect an SP7 would be much the same.  The HK nerds would spend big money on the early guns....and then it would dwindle down to much lower volume.  Few folks want a 5.7....even fewer a 4.6.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 12:37:11 PM EDT
[#12]

Yeah, not the prettiest, but what they show there appears to be just a shell for a Rock pistol.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/173511/Attach69374_20240108_214525_jpg-3104979.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Zerlak:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/173511/Attach69374_20240108_214525_jpg-3104979.JPG

PSA MP7 at Home, Krink, Vuk, & MORE at Shot Show 2024

Not to thread slide, but (per the video) it is a prototype that is 3D printed. It’s not a chassis for the Rock, but it does share a lot of small parts. The grip does look very hi point, and I hope they fix it.

The T7P is a lot sleeker and true-er to the HK to my eye, but at 3.5x the projected price (X5.7 is expected at $1k vs T7P at $3.5k), I know where my $ would go. Having multiple options is a great thing though.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 12:53:03 PM EDT
[#13]
I truly wonder how fast this first batch will sell. $3500 definitely isn't outlandish for what it is, and there are a million people saying "I'm gonna buy this," but I wonder if it'll truly fly off the shelves or not when it's actually available. Hopefully it'll last long enough for me to get the money together
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 1:26:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Blanco_Diablo:
I truly wonder how fast this first batch will sell. $3500 definitely isn't outlandish for what it is, and there are a million people saying "I'm gonna buy this," but I wonder if it'll truly fly off the shelves or not when it's actually available. Hopefully it'll last long enough for me to get the money together
View Quote

You can count on me buying one or at least trying.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 1:26:44 PM EDT
[#15]
The caliber is definitely going to lessen the interest of even those who can afford the base gun.  I do hope it works out. I want one for sure.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 1:31:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By lilMAC25:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wt_W4YAEFKs

Not to thread slide, but (per the video) it is a prototype that is 3D printed. It’s not a chassis for the Rock, but it does share a lot of small parts. The grip does look very hi point, and I hope they fix it.

The T7P is a lot sleeker and true-er to the HK to my eye, but at 3.5x the projected price (X5.7 is expected at $1k vs T7P at $3.5k), I know where my $ would go. Having multiple options is a great thing though.
View Quote

Those two guns aren't even from the same planet when it comes to target market. I don't think anyone seriously considering a T7 is even remotely debating a PSA "GUD ENUF" gun as a legitimate alternate option.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 1:43:02 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote
My only concern is the reliability of one of these.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 1:46:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MikeMilligan] [#18]
View Quote

With tax, shipping, FFL transfer, SBR tax, stock, engraving, ammo, foregrip, sights, and mags, this is easily a $5k gun. Not that people mentally add all those things up before buying

Link Posted: 1/24/2024 1:48:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By MikeMilligan:

With tax, shipping, FFL transfer, SBR tax, stock, engraving, ammo, foregrip, sights, and mags, this is easily a $5k gun. Not that people mentally add all those things up before buying

View Quote

Oh man. That’s the low end when talking a decent amount of ammo, optic, light, laser, mags etc
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 2:07:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Doesn't PSA have a $1000 version coming?
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 2:10:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By KTMmx001:
Doesn't PSA have a $1000 version coming?
View Quote

The PSA version is more than a year out. The prototype that debuted at SHOT is subject to change and they haven't even started on tooling for production yet.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 2:55:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lilMAC25] [#22]

Those two guns aren't even from the same planet when it comes to target market. I don't think anyone seriously considering a T7 is even remotely debating a PSA "GUD ENUF" gun as a legitimate alternate option.
View All Quotes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wt_W4YAEFKs

I can afford either (or both), but I doubt I’ll buy the T7P. I’m much more likely to buy a PSA “GUD ENUF”, but I’m happy with 2 Toad Bailey clones, instead of trying to find HK versions. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 3:02:29 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

So, HK Parts bought all the 30 round mags from Arms Unlimited.  There were about 1100 mags in total that HKP bought.  AU sold them at $35 a mag, HKP is now at $125 for those same mags.  There are less than 75 mags remaining.  All of the T7P units could be sold today without bothering with a sign up.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 3:10:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Nzfly:

So, HK Parts bought all the 30 round mags from Arms Unlimited.  There were about 1100 mags in total that HKP bought.  AU sold them at $35 a mag, HKP is now at $125 for those same mags.  There are less than 75 mags remaining.  All of the T7P units could be sold today without bothering with a sign up.
View All Quotes

Half will be purchased by gunbroker "dealers". Same goes for these mags. But I don't doubt that all 500 T7s will be sold to an end user, eventually.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 3:15:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Tommybuilt seems to have a good reputation…I’m in for one after they get into the wild and people put rounds through them.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 3:20:07 PM EDT
[#26]

Half will be purchased by gunbroker "dealers". Same goes for these mags. But I don't doubt that all 500 T7s will be sold to an end user, eventually.
View Quote

It is possible that from your vantage point you are grossly underestimating the demand.  One dealer will get a lot of pre-production receivers with errors on them but that is it.  There is more than enough takers as it sits right now.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 4:56:37 PM EDT
[#27]
I want one badly, but not for the $6k+that it'll eventually be. Especially with the inevitable scarcity of magazines and ammo.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 5:54:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Scrapple:
Is there still talk of making this in both 4.6 and 5.7? Or any other calibers?
View Quote

I talked to TBT a few weeks ago via email and he said that these will release in 4.6 with 5.7 conversion kits releasing at some point in the future.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 7:20:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Does he plan on making mags?
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 8:15:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By CJofFL:
View Quote

There is a mag design that was prototyped. It is paused because HK says they will be bringing in mags.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 9:22:51 PM EDT
[#31]

So, HK Parts bought all the 30 round mags from Arms Unlimited.  There were about 1100 mags in total that HKP bought.  AU sold them at $35 a mag, HKP is now at $125 for those same mags.
View Quote

Typical HKParts behavior.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 9:25:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HKocher] [#32]
Originally Posted By BoSanders:
Tommybuilt seems to have a good reputation…I’m in for one after they get into the wild and people put rounds through them.
View Quote

That’s where I’m at. I hope there is more than one batch because $3500 is a little steep to gamble on being a product tester. Nothing against Tommybuilt.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 9:51:18 PM EDT
[#33]

There is a mag design that was prototyped. It is paused because HK says they will be bringing in mags.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CJofFL:

HK is so strange to me sometimes.

The fact that they're supportive of Tommy cloning their guns and making money doing it is...I mean am I the only person that doesn't get that?

Don't get me wrong - I think it's great they have a good relationship with Tommy, but it always strikes me as odd.

And why would they make MP7 magazines commercially available for a gun that isn't?
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 9:54:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ghostgunnerX] [#34]
Didn’t ask him about making mags
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 12:10:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KitBuilder] [#35]

The fact that they're supportive of Tommy cloning their guns and making money doing it is...I mean am I the only person that doesn't get that?

Don't get me wrong - I think it's great they have a good relationship with Tommy, but it always strikes me as odd.
View All Quotes

Steyr did the same thing with TPD and their AXR model (which was a 100% compatible AUG clone) until Steyr decided to start selling AUGs in the US again, with their AUG A3, and then cut TPD off from factory AUG parts.

It makes sense because, hey, at least they're selling some parts, and they're not competing with themselves for semi-auto MP7 sales (since they don't offer to that market, and don't plan to, yet).

And why would they make MP7 magazines commercially available for a gun that isn't?
It is commercially available in the US (but only to LE) and they buy mags just like everyone else does. It's the same reason there was 4.6mm ammo for sale in some Academy stores.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 3:31:19 AM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

They cannot export the MP7 like the SP5. German law prohibits non-sporting handgun exports/sales with a caliber under 6.3mm, unless it's rimfire. Even the semi-auto MP7-SF is mil/LE only. They cannot sell locally nor export any version of the MP7 for civilian use. They would need a factory in the country it would sell in.

And as previously mentioned HK guns like the SP5 sell like hotcakes, for a year. Then everyone who is willing to pay that much already has, and then the guns languish on shelves.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 6:42:52 AM EDT
[#37]

I can afford either (or both), but I doubt I’ll buy the T7P. I’m much more likely to buy a PSA “GUD ENUF”, but I’m happy with 2 Toad Bailey clones, instead of trying to find HK versions. 🤷🏼‍♂️
View Quote

I’m with you on this. If H&K was selling a MP7/SP7 with HK roll marks for $3,500, that would be one thing for me. I’d be all in from the investment and historical perspective. But for a Tommybuilt, not sure I’d drop $3500 for something that would be just a fun shooter. The PSA alternative at $1000 might just be good enough.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 7:20:33 AM EDT
[#38]

They cannot export the MP7 like the SP5. German law prohibits non-sporting handgun exports/sales with a caliber under 6.3mm, unless it's rimfire. Even the semi-auto MP7-SF is mil/LE only. They cannot sell locally nor export any version of the MP7 for civilian use. They would need a factory in the country it would sell in.

And as previously mentioned HK guns like the SP5 sell like hotcakes, for a year. Then everyone who is willing to pay that much already has, and then the guns languish on shelves.
View Quote

Didn't know about the 6.3mm threshold - interesting.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 11:52:40 AM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

Don't overlook the fact there are a ton of companies who have made HK clones - all of the roller locks, the ump, the P7, 416's, and tom's products.  He is far from alone in the sea of people filling the orders that HK wont.  That said, HK needs Tom.  Without Tom there wouldn't have been any sales of the SL8 or the USC.  Even with Tom making those into what people really wanted, sales suck on the SL8 as evidenced by the blowout prices on them.  Tom helps them, they help Tom - no real alarming relationship exists.  

HK made all new tooling for MP7 mags.  That was the lull in the supply chain on them.  Either the dies were worn from stamping military orders, or the reports of issues with some of the 20's and 40's are real.  I can say that the 40 round mag has been slightly modified.  It wasn't an accident they decided to reduce movement when inserted into the grip.
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 11:57:24 AM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

I will add the SF model is nothing more than the swap of a selector and the lack of the 3rd position pictos on the receiver. A slight modification or replacement of the selector and it will go FA without any other parts required.    
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 7:23:05 PM EDT
[#41]
I don’t think I’ve ever bought parts to a gun before I got it but here I am. First two parts came today and have two Surefire mini2s in jail, one of which will find its home on a T7 hopefully.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 10:40:12 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By BBOHACH:
I don’t think I’ve ever bought parts to a gun before I got it but here I am. First two parts came today and have two Surefire mini2s in jail, one of which will find its home on a T7 hopefully.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/314960/IMG_1241_jpeg-3107385.JPG
View Quote

I've got the grip, 2 mags, 500 rnds and the B&T compcat suppressor. If he was selling the stock right now I'd have that too but those will be available when the guns are.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 4:08:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hking] [#43]

View Quote

I am zero percent surprised to hear that HKParts did that. They are such fucking assholes its amazing that some people defend them
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 4:42:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Blanco_Diablo] [#44]
Originally Posted By BBOHACH:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/314960/IMG_1241_jpeg-3107385.JPG
View Quote

@BBOHACH Wherrrrre did you get that SF3P?? I need it! I imagine it'll work with a RC2?

I only have 100 rounds of 4.6 on hand. Trying to find some mags that aren't from HKParts and I'll pick up a stock from Tom when they're available. Hoping that these being out in the wild will encourage some more ammo and part availability, and hopefully Tom plans on producing magazines.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 5:36:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jt526] [#45]
Plus 1 on the magazines. I HATE hkparts. But needs must if it comes down to it.

i am surprised his website isn't crashing more, i imagine a lot of people have bots (visualping for the win!) monitoring it for change.

it least i'm not sweating balls every day the preorder clicks closer like this guy!

Link Posted: 1/26/2024 7:07:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Hking:

I am zero percent surprised to hear that HKParts did that. They are such fucking assholes its amazing that some people defend them
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hking:

Where did TB get his mags?
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 7:08:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By fike:

Where did TB get his mags?
View Quote

He was able to import them and the stocks from Germany
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 7:09:30 PM EDT
[#48]

@BBOHACH Wherrrrre did you get that SF3P?? I need it! I imagine it'll work with a RC2?

I only have 100 rounds of 4.6 on hand. Trying to find some mags that aren't from HKParts and I'll pick up a stock from Tom when they're available. Hoping that these being out in the wild will encourage some more ammo and part availability, and hopefully Tom plans on producing magazines.
View Quote

Snagged it off of r/GAFS. Had been on there for months apparently. Was 400 beans so definitely high but worth it to me at this point.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 12:37:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Evintos] [#49]
FINALLY! A Civilian H&K MP7 (Tommybuilt T7)

Starting around 1 minute 55 seconds with B&T rep initially it was around 500 to start, then orders jumped to 3000 additional orders.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 12:48:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Wherrrrre did you get that SF3P?? I need it! I imagine it'll work with a RC2?
View Quote

I saw on another forum post from last year that someone called Surefire directly and was able to order one of a few that were remaining on hand (assuming long gone by now).

They were apparently told that an order of 25 or more would be needed to do another run.

It might be worth calling Surefire and finding out if any are available or what would be needed to get more, such as organizing a group purchase.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top