BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 4:51:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jtb33:
Pretty sure those are contract bipods - not made by HK themselves.  AFAIK, the HK-manufactured bipods had different feet.
View Quote

Yep, it looks like the feet are held in by roll pins.
Link Posted: 8/29/2022 6:17:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By 14BoltFF:

You're welcome. I came across this website a while back claiming to have bipods in stock at a hefty $220. I have zero experience with the vendor, though.
View Quote

Thanks.  That seems very rich.  Thankfully, I was able to pick one up from a very generous member of this board.   So, I'm all set.

Regardless, my guess is that if, as and when, MKE starts bringing in the -33s, their parts will also follow.  Just like with the AP5s.
Link Posted: 8/30/2022 5:17:41 PM EDT
[#3]

You're welcome. I came across this website a while back claiming to have bipods in stock at a hefty $220. I have zero experience with the vendor, though.
View Quote

The bipods pictured in that link are a Greek variant of the G3 bipod.  The Greek bipod is on the left.

Link Posted: 9/25/2022 5:10:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Any news ?
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 11:11:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 2:08:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Other than not being available what's the draw?  Just cause?
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 5:22:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Holdemdown:
View Quote

My guess would be the same thing that draws people to the AP5; a cheaper price point of a not readily available German classic. Not everyone can drop $4k+ on the real thing and with HK 91 and 93 prices still climbing, I’m sure Century won’t have too much trouble moving 91 and 33 clones.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 5:33:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 5:37:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By bestiller:

My guess would be the same thing that draws people to the AP5; a cheaper price point of a not readily available German classic. Not everyone can drop $4k+ on the real thing and with HK 91 and 93 prices still climbing, I’m sure Century won’t have too much trouble moving 91 and 33 clones.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bestiller:

Not just the price for Old HK93’s but the fact that no one has any new ones available in regular production, not even any clone makers.  MP5 at least still has new production available from HK, MKE, POF, PTR, not to mention the boutique clone builders.  Your only hope for a HK93 is either one of the guns assembled from kits that sold out a long time ago, factory HK guns that stopped being imported a generation ago, or building/having one built on a parts kit by one of the roller lock builders.  There’s just no option to casually decide you want one in order a brand new one from a retailer.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 6:03:21 PM EDT
[#10]
I get that, I have an AP5.  Totally impractical old tech, but it's just a range toy.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 6:57:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 7:01:58 PM EDT
[#12]
I get that, I have an AP5.  Totally impractical old tech, but it's just a range toy.
View Quote

Totally impractical yet still somehow way more reliable and smoother than 9mm AR’s and the latest subgun offerings from CZ, Sig, and B&T. I’d say it’s not antiquated at all.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 7:07:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Marksman14] [#13]
Originally Posted By cms81586:

Totally impractical yet still somehow way more reliable and smoother than 9mm AR’s and the latest subgun offerings from CZ, Sig, and B&T. I’d say it’s not antiquated at all.
View Quote

Agreed right up until I try and feed them hollowpoints.

Got the most tapered rounds I could find (critical duty) and neither of mine can make it through a magazine (yes, I'm using HK mags)

I was hoping for some retro tech that could feed a modern round, and have found thats just not the case.

Range toys or +p+ 124 is about where I'm at with these.  I love them, but just being honest.  My full size even malf'd with ball ammo today, which did not happen on the first outing- It choked hard with the critical duty so I'll be replacing the extractor springs with HK copper springs, but they get one more trip to the range.   If either have a malf with ball ammo after that, frankly they're going to get sold and I'll be snagging an MPX.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 5:34:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Imagine a redesigned MP5, with a bullet feed ramp, a better-designed extractor using a coil spring, and possibly a last-round bolt hold open with an external bolt release.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 6:13:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Marksman14:

Agreed right up until I try and feed them hollowpoints.

Got the most tapered rounds I could find (critical duty) and neither of mine can make it through a magazine (yes, I'm using HK mags)

I was hoping for some retro tech that could feed a modern round, and have found thats just not the case.

Range toys or +p+ 124 is about where I'm at with these.  I love them, but just being honest.  My full size even malf'd with ball ammo today, which did not happen on the first outing- It choked hard with the critical duty so I'll be replacing the extractor springs with HK copper springs, but they get one more trip to the range.   If either have a malf with ball ammo after that, frankly they're going to get sold and I'll be snagging an MPX.
View Quote

What manufacturer?  My SP-5 eats 124gr and 147gr hollow points like they’re tictacs.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 6:40:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Marksman14] [#16]

What manufacturer?  My SP-5 eats 124gr and 147gr hollow points like they’re tictacs.
View Quote

MKE, the latest AP5 types.  They’re still definitely not through the suggested break in period, but still.

I may swap the ejector in addition to the extractor spring.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 6:52:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cms81586] [#17]

MKE, the latest AP5 types.  They’re still definitely not through the suggested break in period, but still.

I may swap the ejector in addition to the extractor spring.
View Quote

Send it back for warranty work or replacement. If it’s not eating hollow points with curved mags then something is wrong with it. Seriously….
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 7:15:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Stahlgewehr762:
Imagine a redesigned MP5, with a bullet feed ramp, a better-designed extractor using a coil spring, and possibly a last-round bolt hold open with an external bolt release.
View Quote

HK purists are going to cry- but JP Rifles did just that.

https://www.jprifles.com/1.2.18_JP-5.php
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 7:52:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By BPR:

View Quote

I love Glocks and Glock mags but in a subgun MP5 mags are far superior.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 8:27:00 AM EDT
[#20]

Send it back for warranty work or replacement. If it’s not eating hollow points with curved mags then something is wrong with it. Seriously….
View Quote

To rule out ejection and extraction issues, I got some HK extractors, ejectors and extractor springs on the way.  

I’ll swap those in, try to get some more ball ammo through them then revisit the hollow points.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 9:34:42 AM EDT
[#21]

To rule out ejection and extraction issues, I got some HK extractors, ejectors and extractor springs on the way.  

I’ll swap those in, try to get some more ball ammo through them then revisit the hollow points.
View Quote

Good call. The MKE guns are good, but most feeding issues with hollow points come from Turkish and paki copies.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 10:16:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Let’s hope the Turkish clones get here before the US dollar devalues. Check out the Turkish Lira at the bottom of the chart. C’mon $699 HK91!!!

Link Posted: 9/26/2022 11:25:50 AM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Stahlgewehr762:

But they did it in a huge gun with a buffer tube that limits stock options severely. I’m sure it’s great because it’s JP but it’s still a full size AR receiver in 9mm.

I’d really like to see something the size of a Mac that’s got some kind of lockup.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 10:17:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:

But they did it in a huge gun with a buffer tube that limits stock options severely. I’m sure it’s great because it’s JP but it’s still a full size AR receiver in 9mm.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:

Agreed. Great for its intended PCC gamer purposes, but if you’re going through the trouble of designing a roller delayed blowback PCC, why not make it more revolutionary than evolutionary.

I’d really like to see something the size of a Mac that’s got some kind of lockup.

B&T TP9
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 10:38:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By JoshNC:

Agreed. Great for its intended PCC gamer purposes, but if you’re going through the trouble of designing a roller delayed blowback PCC, why not make it more revolutionary than evolutionary.

B&T TP9
View Quote

If they fixed the trigger they’d be a good option. The mags are less then spectacular too.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 10:49:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By JoshNC:
B&T TP9
View Quote

Kinda but with a rotating barrel that makes using cans harder. At least they have their can here now as an option.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 8:17:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Thread bump to keep it active for updates some day.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 12:16:42 PM EDT
[#28]

I love Glocks and Glock mags but in a subgun MP5 mags are far superior.
View Quote

Truth. Double stack, double feed mags are much better than single feeds.
Link Posted: 10/27/2022 11:37:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Thread bump to keep it active for updates some day.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/419235/hk33-1_jpg-2560044.JPG
View Quote

bump
Link Posted: 10/29/2022 11:00:30 PM EDT
[#30]
I have a box of parts ready to go for a hk33k :)
Link Posted: 10/31/2022 11:42:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Trunkmonkey4:
I have a box of parts ready to go for a hk33k :)
View Quote

At the suggestion of others on this thread, you aint the only one.  
Link Posted: 11/1/2022 8:34:31 AM EDT
[#32]
I’ll pass on a HK 33 clone. I would love to have a HK 91/G3 clone with a chrome lined barrel. If I bought a HK 91, I would be too afraid to shoot it often.
Link Posted: 11/1/2022 8:22:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By themao:
I’ll pass on a HK 33 clone. I would love to have a HK 91/G3 clone with a chrome lined barrel. If I bought a HK 91, I would be too afraid to shoot it often.
View Quote

You won’t break a 91. Clean it and lube it. There are G3s in widespread use by illiterate 3rd world soldiers. The Germans dusted theirs off and put them back into service early on in the GWOT.
Link Posted: 11/1/2022 11:12:14 PM EDT
[#34]
I would love an HK 33 clone. I’d be all over that.
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 8:31:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Been 2 weeks since the last post. Bumpin' it.

Link Posted: 11/15/2022 9:35:38 AM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

Good reminder to drag my clone out and shoot it again.
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 9:46:50 AM EDT
[#37]
A 53 was next sbr on my list, now thanks to oregons new laws it may be off my list for a while.

Oh well going to buy some more mags today.
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 10:16:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By bondryan:
A 53 was next sbr on my list, now thanks to oregons new laws it may be off my list for a while.

View Quote

Meh. Buy mags now and find a Vector V53.
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 10:44:56 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 11:19:49 AM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

I have some mags for my 93 but am going to order half a dozen more.

I’m on kind of a mag buying spree and am getting some for guns I don’t even own just in case.
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 3:10:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By osprey21:

I toggled the thread so it won't archive.  

I'd be thinking about a MKE33 if I didn't still have 4 of these left from a LE trade-in deal 18yrs ago.

https://i.postimg.cc/tTR628dK/HK93-s.jpg
View Quote

What department had HK93 as a duty rifle?  

I know  Indiana State Police had HK PSG1 for snipers years back.  I shot USPSA with a guy who was issued one.  He brought it out at a couple of rifle side matches.
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 3:39:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 4:43:06 PM EDT
[#43]

What department had HK93 as a duty rifle?  

View Quote
Hope, WA.

Link Posted: 11/15/2022 10:40:07 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/16/2022 2:16:32 AM EDT
[#45]
Speaking of, are the vector V93s any good? Anything to look out for if I'm looking at one?
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 1:10:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Atlantic is selling MKE 33 magazines for $90 for 2.
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 2:17:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Rontalvos:
Speaking of, are the vector V93s any good? Anything to look out for if I'm looking at one?
View Quote

My clone is a V93.  Trigger pull is terrible, and I had to replace the extractor and ejector to get it running, but it's reliable now.
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 8:05:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By AZ5326X2:

My clone is a V93.  Trigger pull is terrible, and I had to replace the extractor and ejector to get it running, but it's reliable now.
View Quote

I’ve never felt a HK or clone with a good trigger out of the box.
Link Posted: 11/16/2022 9:38:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By osprey21:

I toggled the thread so it won't archive.  

I'd be thinking about a MKE33 if I didn't still have 4 of these left from a LE trade-in deal 18yrs ago.

https://i.postimg.cc/tTR628dK/HK93-s.jpg
View Quote

@osprey21
Good to know, thanks!
You have 4 of those puppies?
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 7:32:07 AM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

https://texasguntrader.com/category/900/Handguns-for-Sale-Pistols-for-Sale/listings/2350443/New-Vector-V53-556-HK-clone-pistol.html
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top