Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 11:35:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By D_Man:
You pretty much have it, yes.

View Quote

Thanks - If I read these to the average person they sound pretty ridiculous - laws don't often make sense.

A lawyer once told me a funny line - "The law is not just - It is Just the law"

So this will be great to see what projects evolve from these "pistols" and if competition will be lowering prices.

Link Posted: 7/24/2022 11:47:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Arty8:

Magazines too.
View Quote

You serious Clark?
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 12:03:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Did the monkeys at Century ever go to rehab?
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 12:20:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zeebz] [#4]
Originally Posted By feudist:
Did the monkeys at Century ever go to rehab?
View Quote

Century doesn't do anything to these, they are just the importer.  MKE is the manufacturer.  If they do touch anything it is just adding 922r parts to make it rifle, and it'd be parts that are easily replaceable like the furniture, fire control group, charging handle, muzzle device, etc, - that is IF they import them as rifles and not pistols.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 1:51:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Zeebz:

Century doesn't do anything to these, they are just the importer.  MKE is the manufacturer.  If they do touch anything it is just adding 922r parts to make it rifle, and it'd be parts that are easily replaceable like the furniture, fire control group, charging handle, muzzle device, etc, - that is IF they import them as rifles and not pistols.
View Quote

So much ignorance floating around on these MKE guns.  Not directed at you, Zeebz.

The ONLY guns Century "monkeys" will touch or make changes to are imported RIFLES.  Pistols, no matter the barrel length (yes, even 16 inch pistols or more) are imported and not touched by any gunsmith.  No need for 922r compliance.

Arsenal and Century import and "convert" rifles for legal sale.  This requires gunsmithing and 922r.  Anything imported as a pistol can be imported as manufactured abroad and then directly sold to the end user.  No switching out of parts. These MKE guns are pure and unaltered by anyone at Century because they are PISTOLS.   If you choose not to buy an MKE MP5 clone because you think Century messed around with it...well, that's your loss.  The rest of us can engage our brain and enjoy a well-made-to-HK-spec clone at 1/3 the price of a real HK.

TLDR:  Imported PISTOLS are not altered in CONUS.  Imported RIFLES are subject to alteration.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 2:46:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By USMC_JA:  So much ignorance floating around on these MKE guns.  Not directed at you, Zeebz.

The ONLY guns Century "monkeys" will touch or make changes to are imported RIFLES.  Pistols, no matter the barrel length (yes, even 16 inch pistols or more) are imported and not touched by any gunsmith.  No need for 922r compliance.

Arsenal and Century import and "convert" rifles for legal sale.  This requires gunsmithing and 922r.  Anything imported as a pistol can be imported as manufactured abroad and then directly sold to the end user.  No switching out of parts. These MKE guns are pure and unaltered by anyone at Century because they are PISTOLS.   If you choose not to buy an MKE MP5 clone because you think Century messed around with it...well, that's your loss.  The rest of us can engage our brain and enjoy a well-made-to-HK-spec clone at 1/3 the price of a real HK.

TLDR:  Imported PISTOLS are not altered in CONUS.  Imported RIFLES are subject to alteration.
View Quote

Almost completely correct.  Many snub nosed revolvers are imported as 4" revolvers to make enough points under the 1968 Gun Control Act, then the importers saw the bbl stub off to the intended muzzle and sell them.  Taurus and RIA snubs are both imported this way, and you can regularly find Taurus snubs that haven't had their bbls snipped - I found two next to each other at a recent gun show.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 3:15:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zeebz] [#7]
Originally Posted By USMC_JA:

So much ignorance floating around on these MKE guns.  Not directed at you, Zeebz.

View Quote

Completely agree!  The AP5 has been out for a decent amount of time now so you'd think it would be more common knowledge these are MKE guns, and the same guns Zenith was importing as the Z5 series which were very well regarded firearms.

Hell, Century's website clearly states on the webpage for the AP5, "These firearms which are imported from the MKE manufacturing facility in Turkey are available in a full sized model designated simply as the AP5, a midsized version as the AP5-P, and a compact version as the AP5-M."

It still happens here but I don't notice it as much on this website.  Arfcom seems to have more serious gun owners who seem to be more well informed on what is going on in the industry.  Where I mostly see this ignorance are places like the Reddit gun subs where a lot of casuals partake in the conversations.  They just hear "Century bad" and they just apply it to anything that has Century in the name without doing their research.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 3:37:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Just like people used to blame century for canted gas tubes and sights on SAR-1s and WASRs, but that isn't something Century would have done to them.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 3:42:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By backbencher:

Almost completely correct.  Many snub nosed revolvers are imported as 4" revolvers to make enough points under the 1968 Gun Control Act, then the importers saw the bbl stub off to the intended muzzle and sell them.  Taurus and RIA snubs are both imported this way, and you can regularly find Taurus snubs that haven't had their bbls snipped - I found two next to each other at a recent gun show.
View Quote

Well she-it.  While I was specifically contemplating semi-auto firearms and rifles, you make a fair point. Thanks for the clarification.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 3:45:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Completely agree!  The AP5 has been out for a decent amount of time now so you'd think it would be more common knowledge these are MKE guns, and the same guns Zenith was importing as the Z5 series which were very well regarded firearms.

Hell, Century's website clearly states on the webpage for the AP5, "These firearms which are imported from the MKE manufacturing facility in Turkey are available in a full sized model designated simply as the AP5, a midsized version as the AP5-P, and a compact version as the AP5-M."

It still happens here but I don't notice it as much on this website.  Arfcom seems to have more serious gun owners who seem to be more well informed on what is going on in the industry.  Where I mostly see this ignorance are places like the Reddit gun subs where a lot of casuals partake in the conversations.  They just hear "Century bad" and they just apply it to anything that has Century in the name without doing their research.
View Quote

Its actually still a pretty common refrain on arfcom.  Any MKE thread will inevitably have a "herrr, derrrr, I'll never own a Century gun because they are junk and have hack gun-makers" post.   Folks need to educate themselves before making blanket statements.    Regardless, we can enjoy ours while the ignorant let a good thing pass right before their eyes.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 3:46:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By EagleArmsHBAR:
Just like people used to blame century for canted gas tubes and sights on SAR-1s and WASRs, but that isn't something Century would have done to them.
View Quote

Yup. That was straight Cigur Romania incompetence.  They were as bad as the Century monkeys.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 12:33:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SlimBlundt] [#12]

View Quote

Like people who think all Wolf Ammo is the same. When these people opine I’m always tempted to reply, “don’t tell him.”
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 6:52:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By SlimBlundt:

You serious Clark?
View Quote

Maybe century will have them make a Glock magwell version like the NAK AKs they have
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 9:06:16 AM EDT
[#14]
A lot of people defending Century for some odd reason in this thread. I like how the examples used are only their imports but never their domestically produced firearms. We all know Zenith was correcting MKE's guns that failed QC and now you get to have Century farm out that work to whomever now. They may not be making the guns but it's still their name on the side of it.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 9:30:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Aphex:
A lot of people defending Century for some odd reason in this thread. I like how the examples used are only their imports but never their domestically produced firearms. We all know Zenith was correcting MKE's guns that failed QC and now you get to have Century farm out that work to whomever now. They may not be making the guns but it's still their name on the side of it.
View Quote

So you buy from Atlantic and send it back if the QC is jacked.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 11:44:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By cms81586:

So you buy from Atlantic and send it back if the QC is jacked.
View Quote

That wasn't the point of my statement but thanks.

Link Posted: 7/25/2022 12:05:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 11:20:04 PM EDT
[#18]
For anyone who is interested in the HK33 copy: I suggest you get your HK33 furniture now. Stocks and wide handguards will likely be more difficult to find once these guns are on the market for a little while. I just ordered a used furniture set (wide handguard and A2 stock) from Apex.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 11:31:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By 14BoltFF:
For anyone who is interested in the HK33 copy: I suggest you get your HK33 furniture now. Stocks and wide handguards will likely be more difficult to find once these guns are on the market for a little while. I just ordered a used furniture set (wide handguard and A2 stock) from Apex.
View Quote

Already placed that order.  
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 11:33:32 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 5:29:03 AM EDT
[#21]

You serious Clark?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Arty8:

Magazines too.

You serious Clark?

Not a single 5.56 magazine on that list.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 1:23:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Mishaco video on the then Zenith Z43P import (HK33K clone).  Same gun listed on MKE USA's website.  I ordered my furniture as well as this just jumped to the top of my want list.

Zenith MKE Z43P HK33 Review & MKE Z5RS MP5 115g Ammo Test
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 9:05:34 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

Yep I don't usually buy accessories for a gun that's not even imported yet or even a sure thing but I rolled the bones and bought the furniture.

Thanks for the heads up.

Link Posted: 7/27/2022 8:11:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Whatever happened to AC-Unity's HK93 mags - They never came in?

RTG still has the link up to be notified.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 9:35:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By cherenkov:

View Quote

I'm on that list too.  Just hoping that when they get in they're as good as their 5.56 AK mags.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 5:02:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Apex also has MKE 30rd metal mags for $51.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 8:50:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By AZ5326X2:

I'm on that list too.  Just hoping that when they get in they're as good as their 5.56 AK mags.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cherenkov:

I'll be grabbing some whenever they come in. I've had great luck with their 7.62 AK mags, Steyr AUG mags, and MP5 mags.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 9:58:45 PM EDT
[#28]
I would love to see an MKE G3 clone. I love my Zenith MP-5 clone.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 10:45:20 PM EDT
[#29]
The only thing I am missing is a 12.5"

I have a V53 pistol and a V93.

IN hard.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 9:12:54 AM EDT
[#30]
Setting myself up for some blue balls if this doesn’t happen

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 2:22:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 14BoltFF] [#31]
Originally Posted By MikeMilligan:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/28880/59943CA3-6253-4908-B06E-82C95E7DAD1F_jpe-2470371.JPG
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MikeMilligan:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/28880/59943CA3-6253-4908-B06E-82C95E7DAD1F_jpe-2470371.JPG

Ha, same here. I have seven 40-round mags and a surplus furniture set that will be useless to me if these don't come to fruition.

I've been scouring the 'net for info. The only tidbit I found was this Reddit post:
Atlantic Firearms posted on HKPro it wouldn't be until 2023 and hasn't been finalized.
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 11:47:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jtb33] [#32]
What brand mags are those?
Link Posted: 8/1/2022 10:16:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By jtb33:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jtb33:

Turkish-made MKE mags are a translucent amber color (like the 10-rounder in the bottom pic) with that same design. I'm assuming that's a black version of the regularly-seen 30-round translucent amber mag.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 1:52:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By 0351:
MKE has a US website now.  I wonder if they are doing the same thing as Zastava did.

https://www.mkeusa.com/en-US/contact-information/42
View Quote

I reached out to MKE USA and here was their response:

"Thank you for reaching us. Century Firearms is the main distributor of this firearms in the states. They will bring it to the market and distributes to the stores soon. You can also send your request to Century Arms customer services. Have a nice day."

I'm going to call this a good sign...
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 5:38:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 14BoltFF] [#35]

"Thank you for reaching us. Century Firearms is the main distributor of this firearms in the states. They will bring it to the market and distributes to the stores soon. You can also send your request to Century Arms customer services. Have a nice day."

View All Quotes
MKE has a US website now.  I wonder if they are doing the same thing as Zastava did.

https://www.mkeusa.com/en-US/contact-information/42

Thanks for doing that and sharing. I came across a German firearms dealer website yesterday that listed the MKE AP5, the G3 clone, and the HK33 clone (15.35" barrel version) as part of their inventory. The prices were in Euros, but the G3 was only 100-something more than the AP5. The price for the HK33 wasn't available, unfortunately. Prices were in the mid-2000s (Euros). One thing to keep in mind is firearms are generally much more expensive in Europe.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 7:58:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Bump.

I wonder how they are planning to import their G3.

Link Posted: 8/13/2022 8:44:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Bump.

I wonder how they are planning to import their G3.

View Quote
Probably as a pistol.
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 10:39:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Any updates on these? If the A3 stocks are shipping the guns should be right around the corner...
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 9:33:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Any updates on these? If the A3 stocks are shipping the guns should be right around the corner...
View Quote

We can hope...
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 10:10:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Hecklerjones] [#40]
Probably not going to happen this year. Importing firearms that haven't been cleared for import yet takes time.
I would expect 1st quarter next year even though I want one sooner.
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 1:01:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 9:14:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By ATLANTIC-FIREARMS:
Gaining approval for the import of a new firearm and then having the factory produce and then ship the product can take 1 -2 years . If they are approved   it would probably be 2023 sometime before we started to see them in the US. The US has to approve the import then the importer has to submit a contract the factory needs to obtain raw materials and then produce. It does not happen quickly .
View Quote

Thanks for the update! I knew firearm importation was a time-consuming and extensive process, but wasn't sure how far along things were with the 5.56 and .308 guns.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 8:25:33 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 11:35:03 AM EDT
[#44]
Can someone educate me on bipods for the -33?  If using traditional furniture, does a G3/91 bipod fit?  Do you need something special for the -33?  Does MKE make bipods for the -33?  I've got the original furniture but sans bipod.  What do I need to do to add one?
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 2:18:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Aphex] [#45]
Whatever.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 9:33:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Can someone educate me on bipods for the -33?  If using traditional furniture, does a G3/91 bipod fit?  Do you need something special for the -33?  Does MKE make bipods for the -33?  I've got the original furniture but sans bipod.  What do I need to do to add one?
View Quote

Any HK-style G3 or 33 bipod will slip right on to your wide handguard. You depress on the leaf spring underneath the handguard and then rotate the bipod on through the groove. The problem will be finding a bipod since they've all disappeared a couple of years ago.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 10:51:59 PM EDT
[#47]

Any HK-style G3 or 33 bipod will slip right on to your wide handguard. You depress on the leaf spring underneath the handguard and then rotate the bipod on through the groove. The problem will be finding a bipod since they've all disappeared a couple of years ago.
View Quote

This is the answer.  Glad I came across one of those at some point.  I have one but can't remember for the life of me where I got it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 10:53:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: USMC_JA] [#48]

View Quote

Thank you, Marine.  Appreciate you squaring me away.  Now off to find one.

Does anyone know if MKE makes G3 bipods?  I would presume they do since they still make G3s to the TDP.

Link Posted: 8/25/2022 12:50:58 PM EDT
[#49]

Does anyone know if MKE makes G3 bipods?  I would presume they do since they still make G3s to the TDP.

View All Quotes

You're welcome. I came across this website a while back claiming to have bipods in stock at a hefty $220. I have zero experience with the vendor, though.
Link Posted: 8/25/2022 3:22:46 PM EDT
[#50]

You're welcome. I came across this website a while back claiming to have bipods in stock at a hefty $220. I have zero experience with the vendor, though.
View Quote
Pretty sure those are contract bipods - not made by HK themselves.  AFAIK, the HK-manufactured bipods had different feet.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top