Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 18
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 8:05:54 AM EDT
[#1]

Build List:

Zenith Z5RS
Knight’s Armament MP5 RAS Rail (Vero Beach Era)
Knight’s Armament Optic Rail Mount 99049
Knight’s Armament Terminator Hand Stop
Trijicon MRO in Scalarworks Absolute Mount
Franklin Armory Binary Trigger in HK 3 Position Pictogram housing with CSM Levers
SBT Folding Brace with original B&T Adapter
Surefire M300C in Gear Sector Mount with tape switch in Cloud Defensive LCS
Rugged Obsidian 45 in short configuration
Blue Force Gear Vickers Sling with Ferro Concepts M81 Pad

Form 1 was disapprove after 90 days as part of the SilencerShop Form 1 bullshit. Reapplied last week... so maybe in a month it will finally have a stock as it should.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 11:11:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RotorWash109:

I like the classic hand guards better as well.

How does it shoot? Any issues?
View Quote

I have not had a chance to shoot it as of yet. Hopefully I’ll get some range time this weekend.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 4:51:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: YaBoyKGTho] [#3]
I recently got the Magpul trigger housing for my C93 since the one it came with didn't fit well and had a really narrow grip. The Magpul one fits so much better both on the gun and in my hand. It was missing that classic HK pictogram colored in selectors, so I got some Lacquer-Stiks and did it myself. It came out mostly okay, but the rough texture of magpul polymer means that the coloring kinda got everywhere. I did my best to clean up the excess though.

I also got a new charging handle since the one is came with is four a G3 and was hard to manipulate.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 5:29:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By YaBoyKGTho:
I recently got the Magpul trigger housing for my C93 since the one it came with didn't fit well and had a really narrow grip. The Magpul one fits so much better both on the gun and in my hand. It was missing that classic HK pictogram colored in selectors, so I got some Lacquer-Stiks and did it myself. It came out mostly okay, but the rough texture of magpul polymer means that the coloring kinda got everywhere. I did my best to clean up the excess though.

I also got a new charging handle since the one is came with is four a G3 and was hard to manipulate.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/495981/C93_w_Magpul_lwr_w_Color_JPEG-1526384.JPG
View Quote

That looks great. I'd be interested in close up pictures of your selector markings and of the lower to upper fit in general.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 5:36:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah KG that looks great!

View Quote
If it looked like this, it was a crappy US-made charging handle.

The one in your picture looks like a factory HK33 charging handle.
You could also get a HK23 charging handle if you want something easier to grab.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 5:36:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: YaBoyKGTho] [#6]
Originally Posted By AZgunner:

That looks great. I'd be interested in close up pictures of your selector markings and of the lower to upper fit in general.
View Quote

I got aggressive getting the smeared stuff off and it looks like some of the selector filling suffered. This trigger housing isn't ideal for coloring in because of the texture, but I think I got it to look as good as it can.

What pictures do you want for fit? I'm not really sure how to convey that with pics.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

I used rubbing alcohol and just rubbed it with cotton gun cleaning pads.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 5:37:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: YaBoyKGTho] [#7]
Originally Posted By KitBuilder:
Yeah KG that looks great!

If it looked like this, it was a crappy US-made charging handle.

https://cdn.outdoorhub.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2015/06/outdoorhub-century-arms-c93-rifle-2015-06-10_16-50-13.jpg

The one in your picture looks like a factory HK33 charging handle.
You could also get a HK23 charging handle if you want something easier to grab.
View Quote

Thanks! That's the one it came with. It sucks. The rubberized one that's on there now is far better. I thought about the extended one but didn't like the look of it.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 5:44:23 PM EDT
[#8]

I got aggressive getting the smeared stuff off and it looks like some of the selector filling suffered. This trigger housing isn't ideal for coloring in because of the texture, but I think I got it to look as good as it can.

What pictures do you want for fit? I'm not really sure how to convey that with pics.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/495981/IMG_0185_JPEG-1526443.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/495981/IMG_0186_JPEG-1526445.JPG

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/495981/IMG_0185_JPEG-1526443.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/495981/IMG_0186_JPEG-1526445.JPG

Those pics are perfect, exactly what I wanted to see. Your selector markings look great, I think it turned out perfect.
Link Posted: 8/8/2020 3:47:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MagnusActual] [#9]
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 8:11:59 PM EDT
[#10]
My contribution
Untitled by HD Rider, on Flickr" />
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 8:51:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MagnusActual] [#11]
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 7:16:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MagnusActual] [#12]
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 8:49:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Spade] [#13]

Got a new job, celebrated with a PTR-9C.

There's a tropical forearm sitting nearby, just need the small pin for it as I just don't like the PTR rail. Then I need to pick out a sling and eventually a red dot. The brace came in today and it is really nice.

Oh, and new mags. I haven't shot it yet, but these ETS mags just don't feel great with the gun.
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 12:05:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Adjustable LOP and cheek weld seems pretty handy on these guns. I'm happy with my brace but it's not truly ideal for me (a touch short in terms of length).
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 9:41:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By 135Patriots:
Adjustable LOP and cheek weld seems pretty handy on these guns. I'm happy with my brace but it's not truly ideal for me (a touch short in terms of length).
View All Quotes

I really like this setup. I know the purists are probably spinning, but this works fantastic.

Like you said, adjustable LOP and higher cheek weld (overall ergos) make this much easier to get on the Eotech.

Link Posted: 8/29/2020 10:40:19 AM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 8/29/2020 12:51:19 PM EDT
[#17]

Welcome to the ACR club.

Pretty sweet, right

Link Posted: 8/29/2020 12:59:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Johnny_Longslide:

Welcome to the ACR club.

Pretty sweet, right

View Quote

It feels great and is perfect for my RDS height. It actually looks pretty damn good too IMO. I do have a little slop in my trigger housing/lower though that I need to tighten up.
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 1:06:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Outrider:

It feels great and is perfect for my RDS height. It actually looks pretty damn good too IMO. I do have a little slop in my trigger housing/lower though that I need to tighten up.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Outrider:

Welcome to the ACR club.

Pretty sweet, right

I had to change mine up and throw on the Coyote ACR stock. I don't plan to change this setup anytime soon or probably ever... It works too good.

I started all this with the Magpul lower and it's a pretty tight fit, no movement of the lower.

Link Posted: 9/4/2020 12:36:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Took my new PTR 9CT out for the first time today.
Attachment Attached File

Thoroughly cleaned and lubed it prior to taking it out. Went through about 250 rounds without a single failure of any kind, both suppressed and unsuppressed. Most of that was Blazer Brass 115gr, but also shot a mag of 165gr. Suppressor is a Silencerco Omega 9k.

Now that it has shown itself to be initially reliable, it will be getting a Form 1 and A3F stock as soon as possible.
Link Posted: 9/5/2020 9:41:25 AM EDT
[#21]
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/500752/20200823_121230_jpg-1576240.JPG

Thoroughly cleaned and lubed it prior to taking it out. Went through about 250 rounds without a single failure of any kind, both suppressed and unsuppressed. Most of that was Blazer Brass 115gr, but also shot a mag of 165gr. Suppressor is a Silencerco Omega 9k.

Now that it has shown itself to be initially reliable, it will be getting a Form 1 and A3F stock as soon as possible.
View Quote

What's your plan? Go classic or go crazy?

Link Posted: 9/5/2020 2:03:55 PM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/500752/20200823_121230_jpg-1576240.JPG

I'm thinking A3F stock, probably stick with the Mlok rail, throw an Eotech and a light on it. Not classic, but not too crazy.
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 12:35:31 PM EDT
[#23]
I finally got the chance to take my PTR 9CT to the range yesterday to do the break in. I ran about 150rds of 3 different types of ammo in it. I had one failure to feed on the first round in a mag which I would attribute to the mag (KCI gen2). The top of the feed lips had wear from the bolt.
Other than that I’m very pleased with my purchase. A lot softer shooting than my CZ Scorpion.
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 10:06:25 PM EDT
[#24]
I guess I'll be the one to slum up your HK party.  My only (licensed by) HK; it's a lot of fun to shoot though and surprisingly accurate.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 3:35:51 PM EDT
[#25]

I really like this setup. I know the purists are probably spinning, but this works fantastic.

Like you said, adjustable LOP and higher cheek weld (overall ergos) make this much easier to get on the Eotech.

View Quote
Apologies if I missed this earlier, but what end cap are you using to interface with the ACR stock? This intrigues me greatly...
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 3:57:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Apologies if I missed this earlier, but what end cap are you using to interface with the ACR stock? This intrigues me greatly...
View All Quotes

@135Patriots

You can get the adapters for the ACR stocks (or an entire setup for the full size) from:

Dan Haga Designs

Or

Revolutionary Roller Locks

Link Posted: 9/7/2020 6:45:41 PM EDT
[#27]

@135Patriots

You can get the adapters for the ACR stocks (or an entire setup for the full size) from:

Dan Haga Designs

Or

View Quote
Badass. My PTR is SBR'd but I never bothered to take the brace off because I couldn't find a stock to make it worthwhile. Problem solved now. Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 7:31:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MagnusActual] [#28]
Badass. My PTR is SBR'd but I never bothered to take the brace off because I couldn't find a stock to make it worthwhile. Problem solved now. Thanks!
View All Quotes

@135Patriots

Dan Haga Designs

Or

Right on.

My Lage stocks worked pretty good but the ACR setup is fantastic.

Link Posted: 9/15/2020 8:42:31 PM EDT
[#29]
I took my PTR 9CT out for the second time today, just a real quick session. I put another 200 rounds of 115gr blazer brass through it (all suppressed with an Omega 9K) without any issues whatsoever. I'm really enjoying it so far and need to get off my ass and file the form 1.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 6:07:11 PM EDT
[#30]
I took my PTR 9CT out for the second time today, just a real quick session. I put another 200 rounds of 115gr blazer brass through it (all suppressed with an Omega 9K) without any issues whatsoever. I'm really enjoying it so far and need to get off my ass and file the form 1.
View Quote

You better buy more ammo...

Link Posted: 9/18/2020 8:37:15 AM EDT
[#31]

My C93. Going to have a paddle release added and probably an extended cocking handle. Looking at mounting a PA 3x prism scope on it but worried about the eye relief.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 9:37:01 AM EDT
[#32]
Keep playing with configs and optics. After trying this I think I want to go with an LPVO rather than the EOThingy or Micro. Plan on upgrading to 1-6 with German #4.

Link Posted: 9/20/2020 9:46:17 PM EDT
[#33]
These last two posts are pretty sweet guns.
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 1:49:22 PM EDT
[#34]
These last two posts are pretty sweet guns.
View Quote

Thank you sir.
On a side note, I believe PTR uses a non-HK rear sight base. In my G3K clone effort, I have attempted to mount 2 G3K correct rear sight drums. Neither would work with the rear sight base on either my 91GIR or the K3P. So I just ordered an HK rear sight base from RTG. And so now, with the HK rear sight body, I finally have a correct G3K rear sight drum on my G3K clone.

So if you're building a G3K clone on a PTR and your rear sight drum won't work, try getting an HK rear sight body. Worked for me.
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 7:31:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Anyone have a good source for the SB Tactical folding brace at a reasonable price? I'm thinking of grabbing a brace while I continue my search for an A3F stock (at non insane prices). I'm seeing the brace for about $200 most places, is there anywhere cheaper or is this the best you can get? Any preferred vendors?
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 8:09:16 PM EDT
[#36]
200 is about the best you going to get...lowest I have seen it was black friday for 185.
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 9:20:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Anyone have a good source for the SB Tactical folding brace at a reasonable price? I'm thinking of grabbing a brace while I continue my search for an A3F stock (at non insane prices). I'm seeing the brace for about $200 most places, is there anywhere cheaper or is this the best you can get? Any preferred vendors?
View Quote
They have dried up in teh EE.  I do have a place that has the SB K brace...not sure on the price though. I can check.
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 11:46:23 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm undecided. The SB Tactical brace would be convenient, but for barely more money I could file my Form 1 and throw on a POF A2 stock until I find a good A3F.
Link Posted: 9/25/2020 9:34:47 AM EDT
[#39]
I'm undecided. The SB Tactical brace would be convenient, but for barely more money I could file my Form 1 and throw on a POF A2 stock until I find a good A3F.
View Quote

If I were you I'd skip the brace and Form 1 it.  I have the brace but I got a deal on it when I bought my PTR-9CT.  The nice thing about the folder is its useful for storage in my safe (I use hooks to hang it with the brace folded under one of the shelves).  Despite that, if I was starting fresh I'd go with that iconic A2 stock.  

Link Posted: 9/28/2020 9:57:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 9:25:36 AM EDT
[#41]
I picked up a used RAS and am having trouble getting it installed. I can get the clip at the rear in place but when I try to put the bolt in the handguard retainer it doesn't fit. The ras needs to go further up but it won't. What's my best option to make this work?

Link Posted: 9/29/2020 1:08:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MagnusActual] [#42]
File the "ears" of the RAS.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/29/2020 1:28:07 PM EDT
[#43]
File the "ears" of the RAS.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/137230/file_jpg-1612094.JPG

View Quote

That's what I was leaning towards but I wanted to make sure there wasn't a different, better way. Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 3:50:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KitBuilder] [#44]
Originally Posted By StinkPotJoe:
That's what I was leaning towards but I wanted to make sure there wasn't a different, better way. Thanks!
View Quote
If the hanger is out-of-spec, it would be better to have an in-spec hanger. That'll involve welding on a new one (and refinishing the whole gun).
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 4:59:02 PM EDT
[#45]
For MP5 clones (full size, not K) what are everyone's favorite lowers? I'm still pretty new to the platform and am trying to sort through the myriad of options.

The one thing I don't like about my PTR 9CT is the pistol grip. It's... not great, to be kind. Also, the safety selector could be a bit better. I've been eyeballing the Magpul lower and safety, but was curious what you guys think of some of the different options available.

Ergonomically and aesthetically, what should I be looking at for my PTR?
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 5:09:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Yep I'm learning about these too. I placed an order last night for a new PTR 9CT and just ordered a couple HK mags for it. I'll probably swap the handguard and was curious about buying a metal lower for it. Will any MP5 lower fit? I want to put a few hundred rounds through it then SBR it and put an old school stock on it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 5:11:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eodinert] [#47]
For MP5 clones (full size, not K) what are everyone's favorite lowers? I'm still pretty new to the platform and am trying to sort through the myriad of options.

The one thing I don't like about my PTR 9CT is the pistol grip. It's... not great, to be kind. Also, the safety selector could be a bit better. I've been eyeballing the Magpul lower and safety, but was curious what you guys think of some of the different options available.

View Quote

It depends on what you're looking for.  If you want full '80s goodness, only an SEF will do.  If you actually want to reach the safety, an ambi lower with ESSL levers is probably what you want (if your wallet doesn't cower in fear).  The magpul might work too, but I've never used it.

Link Posted: 9/30/2020 5:30:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MagnusActual] [#48]
Originally Posted By eodinert:

It depends on what you're looking for.  If you want full '80s goodness, only an SEF will do.  If you actually want to reach the safety, an ambi lower with ESSL levers is probably what you want (if your wallet doesn't cower in fear).  The magpul might work too, but I've never used it.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By eodinert:

eodinert pretty much summed it up.

I like the iconic looks but I want ergos as well. This ain't the 70's and there's a few more options now for this platform.

Lowers, not so much, Magpul is really the only one but it's pretty sweet. Stock options are a little better...

In case you haven't seen mine already, just go through this thread.

ACR stocks, Magpul lower and safeties, options for picatinny stock adapters... etc.

I currently have the Magpul lower and safety on my 9ct and I like it a lot. I will eventually modify one (Magpul lower) to fit on my 9kt when I have some down time.

Link Posted: 9/30/2020 5:38:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By MadBodhi:
https://i.postimg.cc/cJsZSGVz/IMG-20200918-072312.jpg
My C93. Going to have a paddle release added and probably an extended cocking handle. Looking at mounting a PA 3x prism scope on it but worried about the eye relief.
View Quote

What sling is that?
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 5:43:14 PM EDT
[#50]

I currently have the Magpul lower and safety on my 9ct and I like it a lot. I will eventually modify one (Magpul lower) to fit on my 9kt when I have some down time.

View Quote

This is on my list too. I bought my first one to see how it would work on my 9KT. I wasn't sure I wanted to get into the effort at that point and my F1 came back on my G3K clone, so it got slapped onto that one. I ordered a second one for my 91, and now I will probably order a third and mod that one to fit my 9KT. I know there will be some metal to cut at the tail, and my concern was if there was going to be enough molding left over to still keep things attached on the grip itself. I need to spend a little more time on it.
Page / 18
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top