Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 18
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 8:56:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Man, I want an SP5 so bad but only have $2500 to spend. I really was tempted by the PTR but folks have me paranoid about getting a lemon or a wobbly magazine catch
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 10:23:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Nutro:
Man, I want an SP5 so bad but only have $2500 to spend. I really was tempted by the PTR but folks have me paranoid about getting a lemon or a wobbly magazine catch
View Quote

Get the SP5. You’ll be disappointed with anything less.
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 10:28:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By 1911nick:

Get the SP5. You’ll be disappointed with anything less.
View Quote

The problem is finding one really
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 11:01:19 AM EDT
[#4]

Get the SP5. You'll be disappointed with anything less.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Get the SP5. You'll be disappointed with anything less.

There are many people who have clones that function flawlessly and people are generally satisfied with them.

Every gun can have issues. I've read people having issues with the real deal sp5's.

Make no mistake though, PTR has had their fair share as well. Guess I got lucky because both of mine work great.

Link Posted: 6/9/2020 11:17:23 AM EDT
[#5]
View Quote

@Nutro
They are readily available for between $2850-$3000.
If you "only have"  $2500 and can't afford to spend $350 more on a $2500 gun then maybe look at cheaper options because real german stuff is expensive like mags are $70 a piece, and if you decide to add stuff to it like the KAC rail or decide to SBR it with the german stock good luck. Another thing to keep in mind is election time is right around the corner. I can't even find brass 9mm for 20 cents a round no more and it's not even election time as yet. Moral of the story: get what you can afford now. (PTR).
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 2:41:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Colt_sporter] [#6]
Originally Posted By AZgunner:

Any reason to pick the 9C over the 9CT? Asking due to one of them being my next purchase and my Omega 9K should be out of jail any time now.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Colt_sporter:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/24640/BB8A2ADD-8BD5-4EAE-89EF-8036816883B3_jpe-1453859.JPG

PTR9C with Omega 9K. Just got the stamp the other day after waiting 324 days. Oh how I miss the days of waiting a month or two for my Form 4’s. Just ordered a finger groove trigger housing from HK Parts. We’ll see how long that takes. I also need to get a couple factory mags.

Any reason to pick the 9C over the 9CT? Asking due to one of them being my next purchase and my Omega 9K should be out of jail any time now.

@AZgunner

At the time when I purchased the 9C, I wanted the CT for the added flexibility (in my mind), however that model simply wasn’t in stock anywhere at the time. I bought this gun last fall when the debates were heating up and Ole Beto let the cat out of the bag. I’m sure the lack of threading will some how discourage possible future buyers if for some reason, I decide to sell this gun one day. That being said, personally I don’t see me selling this one. It functions flawlessly and now that I have used the 3 lug, I really wish other suppressors attached this way. Just hypothetically speaking, I would expect that the simple threading may loosen during shooting which I’m sure you can imagine is a bit problematic. I say buy which ever you want, but attach your can with a 3 lug adaptor.
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 3:01:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Colt_sporter:

@AZgunner

At the time when I purchased the 9C, I wanted the CT for the added flexibility (in my mind), however that model simply wasn’t in stock anywhere at the time. I bought this gun last fall when the debates were heating up and Ole Beto let the cat out of the bag. I’m sure the lack of threading will some how discourage possible future buyers if for some reason, I decide to sell this gun one day. That being said, personally I don’t see me selling this one. It functions flawlessly and now that I have used the 3 lug, I really wish other suppressors attached this way. Just hypothetically speaking, I would expect that the simple threading may loosen during shooting which I’m sure you can imagine is a bit problematic. I say buy which ever you want, but attach your can with a 3 lug adaptor.
View Quote

Sounds good. I plan to attach my can exclusively via 3 lug, so I don't know that the threaded barrel really adds any functionality for me. I also don't plan on ever selling it. So I'll probably just get whichever is in stock at the best price, like you did.
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 3:18:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jwise] [#8]
Coharie Arms CA-94 with OEM HK sling, Omega 9K, Aimpoint T1, and BFS III trigger group in a re-marked trigger housing.

Zenith Z-5P with OEM HK sling, Omega 9K, and ambi trigger group/housing.

This is how they came from their respective factories:

Link Posted: 6/10/2020 7:38:45 AM EDT
[#9]
i picked up my dead air wolfman last week

Link Posted: 6/10/2020 11:47:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By 1iviper:
i picked up my dead air wolfman last week

https://i.postimg.cc/d0X23xXT/20200607_185634.jpg

View Quote

I've got one on order that I can't wait to get my hands on!
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 8:24:50 PM EDT
[#11]
My Omega OM9K with Silencerco Omega 9k

Link Posted: 6/14/2020 2:29:03 PM EDT
[#12]
that looks really good
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 5:31:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MagnusActual] [#13]
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 5:49:58 PM EDT
[#14]
I know I've asked you this before, but what's the stock/mount?
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 6:25:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MagnusActual] [#15]
Originally Posted By YaBoyKGTho:
I know I've asked you this before, but what's the stock/mount?
View Quote

Stock is Lage Manufacturing (8.5") w/ right side, 5 degree cant folder, mounted using MP5K ace adapter.

I'll be updating this thing by chopping off the front sight. Should be interesting...
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 7:01:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Johnny_Longslide:
I'll be updating this thing by chopping off the front sight. Should be interesting...
View Quote
You wouldn't rather notch the front sight hood like an AK?
Seems to be a fairly common mod for getting an unobstructed sight picture through an optic.
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 12:49:40 AM EDT
[#17]
That setup is money. Must be super light and handy.
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 8:12:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MagnusActual] [#18]
Originally Posted By KitBuilder:
You wouldn't rather notch the front sight hood like an AK?
Seems to be a fairly common mod for getting an unobstructed sight picture through an optic.
View Quote

I was originally going to do that but decided to just remove it. The way I have it set up, It's an optic only gun for me but I may swap out the Eotech for something smaller.

Originally Posted By 135Patriots:
That setup is money. Must be super light and handy.
View Quote

Thanks. Weight as it is, a hair over 6 lbs. unloaded. Not the lightest (on par with say the B&T ghm9, KRISS vector or P90)... but not unmanageable.

*Edit to add that I swap out forends depending on what I want to do. I'll throw on the basic K style with the integrated foregrip sometimes.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/26/2020 1:19:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By 1iviper:
i concur

my 2 hk clones

vector v53
https://i.postimg.cc/MHwX9QGS/20200330_180549.jpg
View Quote

Good gravy, man, that is glorious. Super clean.

Had the opportunity to shoot a full auto HK53 a few years back. What a treat.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 6:43:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Clipped and pinned.

Untitled by HD Rider, on Flickr" />
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 11:10:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: amediocreshooter] [#21]
Edited
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 12:29:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 6:20:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Ptr 91 squad carbine. Hk33 wide fore end with bipod installed and my home rolled g3sg1 style stock plus a paddle mag release I installed (bought it while I was in the army before ptr paddle mag releases on their rifles).
Link Posted: 7/2/2020 6:21:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kali_Refugee] [#25]
Double tap
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 1:43:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Kali_Refugee:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/341567/7770A9AE-6428-4BCF-B337-E21741739DBC_jpe-1486784.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/341567/59D5AE17-85DF-4963-B069-D4F0B2CB63D7_jpe-1486785.JPG

Ptr 91 squad carbine. Hk33 wide fore end with bipod installed and my home rolled g3sg1 style stock plus a paddle mag release I installed (bought it while I was in the army before ptr paddle mag releases on their rifles).
View Quote
Nice!
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 8:05:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By SandWMandP15Tee:
What brand of stock is this, I have a Brugger and Thomet on mine.
View All Quotes
Link to description
Link Posted: 7/5/2020 9:36:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: EARRNHARDT3] [#28]
My clones
PTR 91 that’s slowly being turned into an G3, so far added grenade ring, modified G3 flash hider to fit PTR threads, added bayonet adapter, C&P lower, HK furniture, bipod, HK cocking handle,

CAI 93 Not much done to it yet, added HK furniture

PTR 9KT  SBR'ed , changed rear sight ( not shown in the picture) , HK parts Ambi  C&P lower & trigger pack, HK vertical handguard, Choate stock,

PTR 9CT SBR'ed, HK A2 stock, Surefire forearm, C&P contoured lower,  

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/11/2020 6:28:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MagnusActual] [#29]
Front sight, gone.

Had a hell of a time getting the cocking tube cap off and pretty much destroyed it. So a new one is ordered.

Going to clean up the cut and paint tomorrow.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/11/2020 8:27:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Johnny_Longslide:
Front sight, gone.

Had a hell of a time getting the cocking tube cap off and pretty much destroyed it. So a new one is ordered.

Going to clean up the cut and paint tomorrow.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/137230/IMG_20200711_182456_jpg-1499538.JPG
View Quote
You are bold man, credit to ya. I'm all about function > form but for whatever reason painting or modifying my MP5 clone scares me.

I'm sure it cleans up the sight picture nicely.
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 5:59:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MagnusActual] [#31]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

9ct with Cadex handguard, Magpul lower, Modlite with modbutton and of course the Eotech EXPS3.0

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/15/2020 2:37:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Attachment Attached File

Rattle canned mine
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 4:02:31 PM EDT
[#33]

Dig it!
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 4:14:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 4:47:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By sgwlower:

Thought on the cadex rail?
View All Quotes

I really like it.

I did a review HERE
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 6:05:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 12:59:05 AM EDT
[#37]
About to pull the trigger on a PTR 9CT. I've read mostly positive reviews and am hoping for good results. I'll be running it through a decent break in period and then testing it with my suppressor before I SBR it.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 11:36:06 AM EDT
[#38]
About to pull the trigger on a PTR 9CT. I've read mostly positive reviews and am hoping for good results. I'll be running it through a decent break in period and then testing it with my suppressor before I SBR it.
View Quote

Do it. Mine has been good so far.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 11:45:48 PM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

@AZgunner

9CT from Atlantic? I’ve been thinking about adding a clone. Seems like the full size gets better reviews than their K model.

I have it up in the browser every night, but haven’t thrown down the money yet.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 11:57:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By RotorWash109:

@AZgunner

9CT from Atlantic? I’ve been thinking about adding a clone. Seems like the full size gets better reviews than their K model.

View All Quotes

@AZgunner

Yep, exactly what I'm looking at. When I do get it, I'll likely make a lengthy post here with lots of pictures.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 12:13:52 PM EDT
[#41]

Yep, exactly what I'm looking at. When I do get it, I'll likely make a lengthy post here with lots of pictures.
View All Quotes

@AZgunner

I pulled the trigger this morning on a 9CT from Atlantic to try out. Grabbed a KAC Ras off the EE to go with it.

I see the folding and collapsible braces.. any one tried both and have a preference? I'll probably SBR but would be nice to have a brace to throw on when I cross state lines..
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 1:54:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By grn_zx6r:

I pulled the trigger this morning on a 9CT from Atlantic to try out. Grabbed a KAC Ras off the EE to go with it.

I see the folding and collapsible braces.. any one tried both and have a preference? I'll probably SBR but would be nice to have a brace to throw on when I cross state lines..
View All Quotes

@AZgunner

And of course, the day I log on to Atlantic to order it, they're sold out. God damn it.

As far as braces, I've heard good things about both. I personally like the look of the B&T style side folder. I'm also debating on whether or not to buy a brace. I'm leaning towards just immediately putting that money into a form 1. The braces are cool, but they're wildly overpriced.
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 6:44:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MagnusActual] [#43]

And of course, the day I log on to Atlantic to order it, they're sold out. God damn it.

As far as braces, I've heard good things about both. I personally like the look of the B&T style side folder. I'm also debating on whether or not to buy a brace. I'm leaning towards just immediately putting that money into a form 1. The braces are cool, but they're wildly overpriced.
View All Quotes

@AZgunner

9CT from Atlantic? I've been thinking about adding a clone. Seems like the full size gets better reviews than their K model.

I have it up in the browser every night, but haven't thrown down the money yet.

Congrats on the purchase @grn_zx6r

@AZgunner... Ya snooze ya lose... They'll have more soon I'm sure.

I got a brace with my 9kt from Atlantic, they had a special at the time, $59 add on... Then Form 1'd it. When I got my 9ct, I skipped the brace and went right to Form 1 after roughly 300 rounds.

As you mentioned, and I do highly recommend getting at least 200 rounds down the pipe (Basically the barrel break in procedure) or more, before Form 1... Just in case.

Link Posted: 7/21/2020 11:34:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 6:41:21 PM EDT
[#45]
If anyone buys the PTR a KAC ras needs a slight trim to fit.. had to file these ears down to get the front bolt in. Hit it with some cold blue, good to go.

Threw a SB brace on until the form 1 clears, scored an adjustable and fixed stock on the EE.

Next to my Walther made .22 MP5 clone SBR.

ArmsUnlimited has HK factory mp5 mags for $69 if anyone is looking.. I picked up 4 along with 2 KCI gen 2 mags to try.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 10:03:19 PM EDT
[#46]
If anyone buys the PTR a KAC ras needs a slight trim to fit.. had to file these ears down to get the front bolt in. Hit it with some cold blue, good to go.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/176560/20200724_182000-1517786.jpg
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/176560/20200724_182548-1517787.jpg

Threw a SB brace on until the form 1 clears, scored an adjustable and fixed stock on the EE.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/176560/20200724_183840-1517791.jpg

Next to my Walther made .22 MP5 clone SBR.

ArmsUnlimited has HK factory mp5 mags for $69 if anyone is looking.. I picked up 4 along with 2 KCI gen 2 mags to try.
View Quote

Nice pair!
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 5:38:31 PM EDT
[#47]

Nice pair!
View Quote

Thanks, did the 200rnd break in this morning.  Only 1 FTE on the 2nd magazine no issues after that. The ets mags it comes with are garbage IMO. Was a pleasure to shoot suppressed.
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 4:25:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JSchell1309] [#48]
Originally Posted By jwise:
Coharie Arms CA-94 with OEM HK sling, Omega 9K, Aimpoint T1, and BFS III trigger group in a re-marked trigger housing.

https://i.imgur.com/AGiyBql.jpg

Zenith Z-5P with OEM HK sling, Omega 9K, and ambi trigger group/housing.

https://i.imgur.com/6xBOM7e.jpg

This is how they came from their respective factories:

https://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/jerrellwise/Gun%20Pics/E02D0A5C-EFB6-41E1-ACD8-807BA01AEB18_zpsny2h1g4p.jpg
View Quote

@jwise, who did the remarking work on your lower on your top rifle?

I’m thinking about getting s blank Lower and making all 3 markings line up on the BFS selector.
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 7:53:18 PM EDT
[#49]
My humble addition.
I picked up a PTR 9CT from Atlantic as well. The pistol went through QC on 7/10 according to the checklist, I picked it up on the 27th from my LGS. They must be selling quite a few of them.

Picked up the handguard, and some extractor springs. More mags on order. Trying to decide on which brace to go with. The Safety Harbor / Tailhook combo looks pretty good.

Link Posted: 7/29/2020 10:06:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By The_Punisher:
My humble addition.
I picked up a PTR 9CT from Atlantic as well. The pistol went through QC on 7/10 according to the checklist, I picked it up on the 27th from my LGS. They must be selling quite a few of them.

Picked up the handguard, and some extractor springs. More mags on order. Trying to decide on which brace to go with. The Safety Harbor / Tailhook combo looks pretty good.

https://i.imgur.com/Ay6JUct.jpg
View Quote

I like the classic hand guards better as well.

How does it shoot? Any issues?
Page / 18
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top