Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 18
Link Posted: 10/29/2023 12:10:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Stoked about this latest addition - B&T TriRail that went in addition to B&T Stock.

Perfect package

MP5 Setups (BT TriRail, BT Stock) by Solo__, on Flickr

Link Posted: 10/29/2023 11:57:40 PM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 11/20/2023 9:05:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sparky-kb] [#3]
Is it necessary to immediately replace the extractor, extractor spring, and ejector lever with HK parts on a new AP5-P or just if reliability issues pop up?  I've got one on the way and, unsurprisingly, would like it to be as reliable as possible.  I'm new to the platform so I don't know if those parts are universally "required" to get peak reliability out of an AP5-P or not.

Also, any specific problem areas I should be looking at before accepting the pistol from the FFL?
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 10:35:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sparky-kb:
Is it necessary to immediately replace the extractor, extractor spring, and ejector lever with HK parts on a new AP5-P or just if reliability issues pop up?  I've got one on the way and, unsurprisingly, would like it to be as reliable as possible.  I'm new to the platform so I don't know if those parts are universally "required" to get peak reliability out of an AP5-P or not.

Also, any specific problem areas I should be looking at before accepting the pistol from the FFL?
View Quote

I would. My AP5 extractor spring only lasted about 300rnds.
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 2:39:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I have 1000-1500 rounds on mine. Been 100% besides one type of flat nose bullets I reloaded. Never any problems with factory ammo.
Link Posted: 12/13/2023 11:03:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Getz DF89

Link Posted: 12/14/2023 10:49:28 PM EDT
[#7]

View Quote

No, it's not necessary. I have over 1000 rounds on my AP5-P and only change was a Franklin binary trigger and stock (SBR). I bought some extra MKE extractor springs just in case but they are just sitting there all lonely in the spare parts bin.
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 8:22:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 3:11:30 PM EDT
[#9]
My recently purchased AP5-P...

Not a clone, but a close relative...

Link Posted: 12/17/2023 3:47:38 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

I would go ahead and shoot it before changing out the extractor/ejector parts. It will probably run fine. But it's always a good idea to have the spares on hand. My AP5P  had no issues with the stock parts but I still got the spares.  Before accepting,  check for front sight and cocking tube straightness, magwell straightness, function, etc.
Link Posted: 12/19/2023 7:58:11 AM EDT
[#11]

Got the A3F in yesterday
Link Posted: 12/20/2023 11:04:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Got my tax stamps back, happy with both! These things are a real bargain...

Link Posted: 12/23/2023 9:07:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 5:36:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Sorry  for the crappy pic, lighting in the garage sucks, but neighbors were outside and didn't want to tote it out there to the driveway, lol.

Our humble Carolina Reaper, PTR-91 GI-R

Link Posted: 1/17/2024 6:48:34 PM EDT
[#15]

Put the SRO on the K gun.
Link Posted: 1/18/2024 5:20:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Dragynn:

https://imgdump5.novarata.net/drq461.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dragynn:

https://imgdump5.novarata.net/drq461.jpg

Nice guns!
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 9:11:17 AM EDT
[#17]
It's got some miles on it...

Link Posted: 2/6/2024 1:53:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 4:26:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By scrolledandtabbed:
https://i.imgur.com/XvFtQzOl.jpg
View Quote

@scrollandtabbed

Is that a 16" barrel?
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 12:17:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bigfish9202] [#20]
Looks like a 12.5''

Or on second thought a 14.5 with muzzle device?
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 8:47:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 9:35:37 PM EDT
[#22]
AR9SD and a SD from a German kit and LSC flat:

G36K from an HK kit with a TB receiver:

PSG8 from an HK SL81:

MKE's and the aforementioned SD:

Link Posted: 2/10/2024 9:36:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Just assembled.  
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 3:59:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Birddog1911] [#24]
Well, you bastards forced me over the edge. Just ordered an AP5.

Now to try and somehow find 30rd mags for here in CO.

And just ordered the SBT5A directly from SBT. It's ridiculous how much retailers want for it.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 9:50:27 PM EDT
[#25]

Just missing a few bits…
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 9:53:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By JoshNC:
https://i.imgur.com/7PLCpEU.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/iAWuAk0.jpg

Just missing a few bits…
View Quote

yup, it twitched
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 2:12:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By JoshNC:
https://i.imgur.com/7PLCpEU.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/iAWuAk0.jpg

Just missing a few bits…
View Quote

Throw a Franklin trigger in it when complete
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 3:49:24 PM EDT
[#28]

@TriggerFish what is that first forend? I like the look.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 7:16:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By kbi:

Throw a Franklin trigger in it when complete
View Quote

I have a fleming sear and DLO trigger box. This will be true FA.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 8:42:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Are the mke guns running the fake pins in front, or real?
How are they doing with qc right now.

How are the current production Zenith guns? I cant find anything on them after the mke split. That upper kit for 550 is looking mighty good, and it doesn't need a clipped and pinned trigger housing..
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 10:40:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sbye] [#31]
Originally Posted By Brandonbeezy:
Are the mke guns running the fake pins in front, or real?
How are they doing with qc right now.

How are the current production Zenith guns? I cant find anything on them after the mke split. That upper kit for 550 is looking mighty good, and it doesn't need a clipped and pinned trigger housing..
View Quote

The MKE guns have the real front pin. The quality has typically been very good, but there are occasionally some with issues or even lemons (I'm guessing this is very rare based on the volume they seem to be selling). Century seems to be doing a good job with any warranty work or issues. I really like my MKE, but it did come with one issue. One of the arms on the bolt carrier was bent pretty bad. Definitely from manufacturing, but made it through QC. I emailed Century about it and they sent me a brand new carrier within a week.

I don't have experience with the new Zenith guns yet.

My carrier issue. I'm sure it would have functioned fine, but who knows what kind of odd wear it would have caused. Overall, I'd highly recommend them.

Link Posted: 2/20/2024 11:53:11 AM EDT
[#32]
I know many have had much better experiences with the new American made Zenith ZF5 but heres my experience. Take it for what you will. Never ever ever again with that company. I was very patient and gave them more than enough opportunities to get my ZF5 running. Original was replaced and the replacement was sent back geez, I lost count, 5 times? Over a year and I got nowhere, same issues, gun wouldn't run. I asked for a refund. The first refund check bounced. The second refund check bounced. I finally lost it and when I called I asked to talk to the most senior person available and told them I wanted a cashiers check sent out immediately. I've had alot of firearms in my 52 years and that ZF5 was hands down the absolute biggest piece of garbage. In the time that I was just trying to get my money back from Zenith I ordered an HK SP5, it came in, I filed the form 1 to sbr it, it got approved, then I ordered an A3 F stock and got it. All of that happened in less time than it took for me to get my money back from Zenith plus I had a firearm that ran with no issues. I don't know if they were trying to smooth things over but they also sent me a $100 gift card with my cashiers check. Nope, I don't want anything to do with that company ever again. I gave the gift card away to a member on here. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if the code on the card didn't work though.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 2:45:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Rudy614:
I know many have had much better experiences with the new American made Zenith ZF5 but heres my experience. Take it for what you will. Never ever ever again with that company. I was very patient and gave them more than enough opportunities to get my ZF5 running. Original was replaced and the replacement was sent back geez, I lost count, 5 times? Over a year and I got nowhere, same issues, gun wouldn't run. I asked for a refund. The first refund check bounced. The second refund check bounced. I finally lost it and when I called I asked to talk to the most senior person available and told them I wanted a cashiers check sent out immediately. I've had alot of firearms in my 52 years and that ZF5 was hands down the absolute biggest piece of garbage. In the time that I was just trying to get my money back from Zenith I ordered an HK SP5, it came in, I filed the form 1 to sbr it, it got approved, then I ordered an A3 F stock and got it. All of that happened in less time than it took for me to get my money back from Zenith plus I had a firearm that ran with no issues. I don't know if they were trying to smooth things over but they also sent me a $100 gift card with my cashiers check. Nope, I don't want anything to do with that company ever again. I gave the gift card away to a member on here. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if the code on the card didn't work though.
View Quote

I too had nothing but issues with Zenith.  Got my money back and just like you, never again.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 7:09:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Dam yeah im not interested in all of that. Ill pick up an mke then
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 8:55:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Now I just have to wait for this 3 day bullshit to take it home. Already have the SBT brace, and Romeo 5 red dot for it.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/20/2024 9:04:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 11:28:59 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Rudy614:
View Quote

I had some issues with one of the final import "bad batch" guns. Sent it to them, they replaced the extraction spring, still had issues. Sent it back, they replicated the issue, fixed it up, put a couple hundred test rounds of various types through it, and it's been great ever since. I honestly had a good experience with their CS. Sorry to hear about the issues you dealt with.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 2:53:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 3:15:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: seamasterpro] [#39]
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 4:11:42 PM EDT
[#40]

(L) Brethren Armament 2015 BA300 300BLK• (Top) Zenith/MKE Z-5P (2015) SBR • (R) Zenith/MKE Z-5RS (2015)
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 2:58:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CaptShiess] [#41]
I’ve got a little faux SD going tonight.  I’m really digging this setup.

Link Posted: 2/24/2024 2:08:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By CaptShiess:
https://i.imgur.com/ey6sQx4.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/SVRWUzO.jpeg
View Quote

That looks great and I’ve loosely kicked this idea around.  What can are you using with it.  It flows nicely.  My Obsidian 9 wouldn’t look right so I’d likely purchase another can if I were to do this.
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 3:08:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By HD2006:

That looks great and I’ve loosely kicked this idea around.  What can are you using with it.  It flows nicely.  My Obsidian 9 wouldn’t look right so I’d likely purchase another can if I were to do this.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HD2006:
Originally Posted By CaptShiess:
https://i.imgur.com/ey6sQx4.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/SVRWUzO.jpeg

Mine is the omega9k.  I agree there are few that “look right” with the SD look.  I’d love a cool form 1 can that matched the original look of the SD but this will do for me.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 1:59:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Wish I had a chance to put more rounds through it, but it was a lot of fun. 1 FTF, don't know why. Hell, it's new. Need to Form 1 it.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/28/2024 12:34:01 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 9:30:11 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By HKaltwasser:
https://i.imgur.com/By7kvA4h.jpg
View Quote
Very nice
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 2:52:24 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 12:36:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Princeton] [#48]
Got my tax stamp back a while ago and ordered parts but everything just sat in a box until tonight.
Real happy with the way everything turned out. BTW, 922r compliant using parts I bought from HKP.
The Romeo 4S is in a high mount with see through base that allows the use of iron sights in an emergency. If I decide to keep this sight setup I’ll have to notch the throw lever since the way it is now it contacts the MI low mount sight base.

As it sits there is a MKE flash hider on the tri lug but I do have a B&T 9mm suppressor.

Attachment Attached File

And it’s little brother, an amnesty AP5-P that is probably my favorite gun to shoot.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:34:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Princeton:
Got my tax stamp back a while ago and ordered parts but everything just sat in a box until tonight.
Real happy with the way everything turned out. BTW, 922r compliant using parts I bought from HKP.
The Romeo 4S is in a high mount with see through base that allows the use of iron sights in an emergency. If I decide to keep this sight setup I'll have to notch the throw lever since the way it is now it contacts the MI low mount sight base.

As it sits there is a MKE flash hider on the tri lug but I do have a B&T 9mm suppressor.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/1241/IMG_1250_jpeg-3180710.JPG

And it's little brother, an amnesty AP5-P that is probably my favorite gun to shoot.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/1241/IMG_9644_jpeg-3180713.JPG
View Quote

Looks good. I'm new to the platform; what is meant by amnesty?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 5:43:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Birddog1911:

Looks good. I'm new to the platform; what is meant by amnesty?
View Quote

Amnesty refers to SBRs registered as part of the tax-exempt Form 1s for pistols with stabilizing braces.
Page / 18
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top