Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/11/2017 10:32:09 AM EDT
Can anyone help me find one so I can properly use the gemtech tri lug mount on my multimount suppressor? Gemtech is sold out and I really want to shoot it next week.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 11:29:26 AM EDT
[#1]
KAK?

I needed ones for my .45 and 9mm.  I f'd up and bought a 1/2-28 and it is in my junk bin. I bought these as thread protectors.  Your wording confuses me.  You aren't going to be able to use your can without the proper adapter and mount. 
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 12:18:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
KAK?

I needed ones for my .45 and 9mm.  I f'd up and bought a 1/2-28 and it is in my junk bin. I bought these as thread protectors.  Your wording confuses me.  You aren't going to be able to use your can without the proper adapter and mount. 
View Quote
Since this is the HK forum, I'm assuming the OP has a 3-lug + threaded bbl. Gemtech recommends use of a smooth thread protector rather than a knurled one when using their 3-lug mount.

As an aside, the OD of my MKE thread protector was slightly undersized.....but it was enough to allow a good deal of play with my 3 lug can. The HKparts protector (knurled) took out all of the play.

I'm looking for a smooth one as well.....
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 12:31:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Try Mark McWillis at (Has the right web address now)

http://www.trosusa.com  

He has many items not listed so its best to email and ask.  That is where I got the smooth 1/2 x 28TPI oneI have.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 12:33:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 2:08:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Since this is the HK forum, I'm assuming the OP has a 3-lug + threaded bbl. Gemtech recommends use of a smooth thread protector rather than a knurled one when using their 3-lug mount.

As an aside, the OD of my MKE thread protector was slightly undersized.....but it was enough to allow a good deal of play with my 3 lug can. The HKparts protector (knurled) took out all of the play.

View Quote
Picture?  Something like this?

Link Posted: 7/11/2017 2:31:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
Correct, sorry I was thinking it was more common than it must be...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top