Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/10/2017 11:25:50 PM EDT
I stopped by my local high end class III dealer today, and I had a casual conversation with an H&K rep that was visiting. We briefly discussed the Georgia plant that is being built, and he mentioned HK will be building some things specifically for the American market. We moved on with the conversation, and I inquired about the HK433, to which he stated will remain in Europe for now. However, we did get back around to the topic of future US products, and he did specifically list the following as what H&K has in mind for the US market with their new factory:

Single stack pistols

22lr pistols & rifles

Some sort of bolt action rifle "similar to Ruger RPR", we discussed 6.5cm, .308, etc.

And... "more stuff that drives the American market"

It seems that H&K might have a pretty solid plan in the works. I am excited.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 11:34:20 PM EDT
[#1]
No MP7
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 11:35:09 PM EDT
[#2]
That business model seems weak for HK.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 11:42:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No MP7
View Quote
I told him that if they decided to bring it stateside, I thought a semi-auto mp7 would sell like hotcakes. He chuckled, and mentioned the Sp89 thing they released.... boriinggg. Sorry, but anyone that's used an MP5 for work knows what fickle bitches they can be when they aren't in the mood.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 12:10:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Honesty, sounds like garbage.  Not interested in any of that from HK.  I have other manufacturers in mind to cover that stuff.  

They don't get it.  We don't want that shit.  We want

- 416 uppers at realistic prices
- 416 SBRs
- Unmolested G36 and UMP lines
- Semi MP7s
- Legacy roller-lock guns
- Maybe 417s

.22s?  Single-stack pistols?  A bolt action?  Fuck that shit
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 12:40:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Honesty, sounds like garbage.  Not interested in any of that from HK.  I have other manufacturers in mind to cover that stuff.  

- 416 SBRs
- Semi MP7s
- Maybe 417s

View Quote
Honestly, aside from ARFCOM members, I don't think there is a lot of interest in roller delayed guns anymore. MP5s are ho-hum (unless we're talking about FA SMG's, but let's be honest, it's a stupid semi-auto platform), as well as the 91s, etc. Don't get me wrong, they're great rifles, but old, and with severe limitations of modification and repair. Same reason why the M1A is a legacy retro sort of thing that is pretty niche, and not really seriously developed aside from boutique manufacture.

I would be interested in new products from HK, if they can apply their mastery to stuff we already are familiar with. I don't think they are going to open a huge factory to make in-roads into the american market with.... legacy products. I do hope for MP7, 433, etc. This is the way forward for H&K, if they want to introduce something totally off the wall akin to a WA2000, I'm okay with that too. I think they are really trying to appeal to the general masses, who probably have no idea what the heck a roller delay mechanism is, let alone it's relevance to firearms.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 12:48:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Look at the high prices the 90 series guns still command. And the clones. They could definitely sell a bunch of them.

ETA: If they brought their hamernforging process here they could sell a TON of aftermarket and OEM barrels.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 1:29:58 AM EDT
[#7]
I tend to agree that the legacy roller lock guns would be a very niche product in a pretty crowded market as it is. Maybe if they undercut the 9mm market but this is HK. They'd come in over the most expensive clone then wonder none sold.

Aside from that, the very HK products we've been long denied are what they need to focus on. Unmolested G36 and UMP clones, the 433, an MP7 of some sort, a correct 416 and not the half-assed MR556, maybe the MG3, etc. Think about how FN approaches their products. They'd own that space since there's pent up demand and no competition. Keep the prices reasonable, and you'd have a good recipe for success even in the down market now.

Everything else is going to be competing in a very saturated and down market. The only way they could further snatch defeat from the jaws of victory would be a straight up HK-branded AR to go with their .22 pistol, bolt actions, and whatever else. You can't out-Ruger Ruger in their home turf.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 1:42:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Guys think for a second. What was the last single stack pistol HK made

Link Posted: 5/11/2017 1:53:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Doesn't Umarex make the .22LR clones under license for HK?  Why mess with those at the new facility?
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 6:22:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
yep
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 6:50:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
yep
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yep
P7, P7 anyone ?
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 7:26:22 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm hoping we see the Georgia plant release a semi MP7 and a semi UMP (not USC).

I'm prepared to be disappointed, though.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 8:04:52 AM EDT
[#13]
H&K is a European company that has lost touch with what the US Market wants.  It's further handicapped by German Gov't export policy concerning paramilitary weapons sales to non Gov't entities.

The SP-5K is a fine example of what the US Market doesn't want..No flapper mag release, non-threaded barrel, and twice the price of the MKE/Zenith Z-5K which has those features.

G-36/UMP/MP7/MP5/416A5.....this is what the US Market wants, not another .22 caliber rifle.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 8:51:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
H&K is a European company that has lost touch with what the US Market wants.  It's further handicapped by German Gov't export policy concerning paramilitary weapons sales to non Gov't entities.

The SP-5K is a fine example of what the US Market doesn't want..No flapper mag release, non-threaded barrel, and twice the price of the MKE/Zenith Z-5K which has those features.

G-36/UMP/MP7/MP5/416A5.....this is what the US Market wants, not another .22 caliber rifle.
View Quote
I think you'll find that the SP5K is more like 25% more than the Zenith these days. Which is reasonable because it also has better fit and finish.

I think you'll also find that many HK enthusiasts would be very happy if HK reintroduces their single-stack 9mm.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 8:59:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
yep
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yep
It'll be a striker fired polymer gun. I'd bet money on it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 9:07:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I think you'll find that the SP5K is more like 25% more than the Zenith these days. Which is reasonable because it also has better fit and finish.

I think you'll also find that many HK enthusiasts would be very happy if HK reintroduces their single-stack 9mm.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

HK would be wise to follow FN.

Nobody wants .22lr guns and/or more handguns from HK - they want G28, G36, 416, 417, MP7, etc.

They can't possibly be that blind, can they?
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 9:18:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 10:36:26 AM EDT
[#18]
.22s? Bolt actions??

Is this what folks are asking HK for?
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 11:09:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Don't care about semi auto MP5, or 91s.

I'm for challenging the RPR. But single stacks and .22lr are not what I think about looking at when I think H&K. I got that covered. Honestly though it would have to be some impressive shit priced very competitively with my current hard on for Ruger though. Ruger has been listening and treating us well.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 11:40:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 12:09:42 PM EDT
[#21]
They still hate us.....but I will buy a single stack HK
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 12:21:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Why would they build a plant here to produce products that could just as easily be produced in Germany and exported here....

I thought the whole point of building a plant here was to get around the 922r BS.  Even their social media people have been alluding to that on Instagram.

If they want to sell .22 bolt actions and single stack pistols, why don't they just produce them in Germany?
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 12:29:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Honestly, aside from ARFCOM members, I don't think there is a lot of interest in roller delayed guns anymore.
View Quote
Why did HK come out with the SP5K then? Why are they selling as fast as they can make them. " roller delayed guns" are more popular, with more builders, than any other time in history.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 1:25:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Why would they build a plant here to produce products that could just as easily be produced in Germany and exported here....

I thought the whole point of building a plant here was to get around the 922r BS.  Even their social media people have been alluding to that on Instagram.

If they want to sell .22 bolt actions and single stack pistols, why don't they just produce them in Germany?
View Quote
I thought the point of them building the new facility was to build the Army's new M110 CSASS? Not that they wouldn't ever build civilian guns there, but I thought the new plant's initial goal is the new M110?
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 5:02:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

- 416 SBRs
- Semi MP7s
- Maybe 417s

View Quote
I'm with you. They apparently still don't get the American market. .22's?  Bolt action? I have plenty of P7M13 and M8 pistols. I wouldn't mind some new production P9S pistols in .45 ACP. As far as I'm concerned H&K "Compromised" when they discontinued the P7M13/M8 and P9S pistols and came out with the USP pistols.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 6:24:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
The Zenith or Omegas come with paddle mag release, tri-lug mount, and threaded barrel.  

Those aren't exactly easy or cheap to add to the neutered SP5K.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 7:45:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I'm with you. They apparently still don't get the American market. .22's?  Bolt action? I have plenty of P7M13 and M8 pistols. I wouldn't mind some new production P9S pistols in .45 ACP. As far as I'm concerned H&K "Compromised" when they discontinued the P7M13/M8 and P9S pistols and came out with the USP pistols.
View Quote
Not everyone is fortunate enough to already have their stash of P7s.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 7:48:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The Zenith or Omegas come with paddle mag release, tri-lug mount, and threaded barrel.  

Those aren't exactly easy or cheap to add to the neutered SP5K.
View Quote
The paddle release is available from HK Parts as a drop-in (but permanent) conversion now.

And the MKE also comes in the non-threaded, non-lugged version for the same price.

I'm not arguing that they shouldn't make more variants, but the SP5K is simply a civilianized version of the earlier MP5K, not the MP5K-PDW.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 10:01:27 AM EDT
[#29]
I thought their big thing was roller-locked technology?
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 10:08:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Why did HK come out with the SP5K then? Why are they selling as fast as they can make them. " roller delayed guns" are more popular, with more builders, than any other time in history.
View Quote
I was thinking this as well. If anything, there has been a roller delayed resurgence as of late and I think part of it has to do with how awesome MP5s are with suppressors (at least that's what I tell myself).

At minimum, no one has managed to dethrone it as the king of the 9mm subgun/PCC heap.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 9:21:13 PM EDT
[#31]
I wouldn't mind a polymer P7 and the PSP already had a polymer frame. So I would be in.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 2:50:57 AM EDT
[#32]
I'd settle for a Umarex MP7 in .22lr, .
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 3:40:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I stopped by my local high end class III dealer today, and I had a casual conversation with an H&K rep that was visiting. We briefly discussed the Georgia plant that is being built, and he mentioned HK will be building some things specifically for the American market. We moved on with the conversation, and I inquired about the HK433, to which he stated will remain in Europe for now. However, we did get back around to the topic of future US products, and he did specifically list the following as what H&K has in mind for the US market with their new factory:

Single stack pistols

22lr pistols & rifles

Some sort of bolt action rifle "similar to Ruger RPR", we discussed 6.5cm, .308, etc.

And... "more stuff that drives the American market"

It seems that H&K might have a pretty solid plan in the works. I am excited.
View Quote

I'm sorry but how does no HK433, 22LR pistols & rifles, a bolt action rifle, and "more stuff that drives the American market" sound like a pretty solid business plan?

Sounds like more fail from HK. They got their cheap striker fired pistol out so now we get to deal with endless iterations of the VP9 VP40 VP9LE VP9FDE VP9GRN VP9SK VP40LE VP40FDE VP40SK... I'm sure we'll see a VP45 very soon followed by the endless iterations of lengths and sight options and the colors that HK is so proud of. Big deal.

Then we have the SP5K, a re-issue of a 40 year old SP89 with all the same shortcomings (semi-auto carrier, no paddle mag release, no threaded or 3-lug barrel) so they absolutely carbon copiy their past with that one... but also adding a non-standard shelf.

Now they're going to build a whole new plant in the USA and make more of the same crap that the market is already flooded with? Why? So I can pay 3x the price for the same thing but have absolutely no customer support and absolutely no parts support, two things that HK actually is famous for?

If you were to tell me that the only thing that the Georgia plant was going to do was to manufacture replacement parts for HKs and maybe house a customer support center, I'd be impressed and maybe a little excited. Getting back their lost customers because of their DECADES LONG supply chain and support shortcomings would be a pretty solid business plan. Not f**king 22LR pistols.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 10:03:37 AM EDT
[#34]
If they were going to do some roller lock weapons, I'd love to see an HK 41 and a 7.62x39 HK 32 type gun other than the PTR offering
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 11:25:18 AM EDT
[#35]
I'd buy 2 or 3 roller lock weapons but not for 2500 bucks
For the money they are asking currently I'd rather buy other weapons.
Hope their prices come down a lot....something like in the 1200 range.
Otherwise I'll stick with better weapons
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 2:43:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Build a G41 and sell it for $1.5K and I'm in.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 3:25:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Then we have the SP5K, a re-issue of a 40 year old SP89 with all the same shortcomings (semi-auto carrier, no paddle mag release, no threaded or 3-lug barrel) so they absolutely carbon copiy their past with that one... but also adding a non-standard shelf.
View Quote
Well, Its a copy of a MP5K, not a MP5K-PDW, so yeah its not going to have a threaded or 3 lugged barrel.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 8:33:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Please oh please, build a G43 sized single stack 9! I'll sell all my other single stack 9's and replace them with HKs. 
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 8:49:56 PM EDT
[#39]
hmmm.

interested in nothing they are planning.

on the other hand, i really like what cz is doing,  had a chance to shoot an mpx and i really like am considering one. fn is fn and has their full lineup availible. all this and the quality AR market is quite significant,  hk really isnt bringing anything interesting to market that isnt equaled by a 500 dollar glock
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 10:53:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
What I want to know is why they made it so I can't put a suppressor on it without spending another small fortune. No 3-lug without replacing the front end.

Because we suck and they hate us. But they want us to buy their stuff.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 10:58:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Well, Its a copy of a MP5K, not a MP5K-PDW, so yeah its not going to have a threaded or 3 lugged barrel.
View Quote
Que?

Here is an image from the HK-usa site (Fair use).

Notice it has a three lug.

Link Posted: 5/14/2017 8:32:18 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Que?

https://preview.ibb.co/gVhn1Q/MP5K.jpg
View Quote
The classic MP5K does not have a 3-lug.

Just like classic MP5s did not have F stocks.

Designs change over time.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 3:19:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Lol.

Unless that single stack handgun is a P7, they are clueless to the wants of their customers.

I hope they do release a bunch of cheap .22s, cheap bolt guns, etc. and become the German equivalent of Ruger, because it will be good for laughs.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 5:50:04 PM EDT
[#44]
HK doesn't care about civilian sales, and it shows.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 6:15:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Que?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Que?

Nor that front grip.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 12:52:49 PM EDT
[#46]
I'd buy the shit out of a new P7.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 11:19:10 PM EDT
[#47]
I would drop an inordinate sum without hesitation for an MP7. I DID spend quite a bit on my MP5 clone SBR.

I wish HK wanted my money as much as I want to give it to them.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 4:36:42 AM EDT
[#48]
It sounds to me like HK is going to produce the products that are the European market with .22 bolt actions and pistols and peddle them here.

Single stack pistols are a current trend in the US market but I doubt it would be a P series. More likely some smaller iteration of the VP series.

They have become too EU it seems to offer much excitement to the US market. If they really wanted to wow the consumer here they should have looked at what CZ has done. The Scorpion has been a big seller and an MP7 would be too.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 8:36:04 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
That business model seems weak for HK.
View Quote
Yea.  Not what I buy HK for.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 6:26:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

- 416 SBRs
- Semi MP7s
- Maybe 417s

View Quote
Truth.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top