Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2017 8:25:30 PM EDT
Back in my early 20's (mid 80's) I paid the princely sum of $450 for an HK94.  I remember as clear as yesterday how impressed I was when I took it to the range.  I never knew 9mm could be so accurate until I shot that HK94 at 100yds.  I don't remember why, only that I sold it that same year or so for the same amount.  Over the years, not only have I missed that little gun but I just watched the prices on them go up and up and up and figured I'd never get to own one again.  For more than 30 years, it has been "the one that got away".  No more.

I've been working on a deal for this one for months.  Finally got it today.  It is 1987 date coded (IH) and just mint condition.  It came with 2 15-round mags, 2 30 round mags (all German HK date coded), an 80's made 40 round LIQ marked mag, 2 handguards (HK dated slimline and the HK tactical light unit), 2 stocks - HK A2 stock (he's still looking for that one though) and a HK date code A3 stock and a case.  Had to pay more than $450 for this one for sure - but still got it for a very good price I think.

This time I'm hanging on to it.
Earl

Link Posted: 4/30/2017 8:26:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 8:33:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrats
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 8:34:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Sweet! If we promise not to tell the Taliban or your wife, what did it cost you?
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 8:37:30 PM EDT
[#4]
LMAO so true.  The fact that I paid for it by selling other stuff wouldn't matter much in her eyes :)  I gave $3500 for it.  Earl

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sweet! If we promise not to tell the Taliban or your wife, what did it cost you?
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 8:42:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
LMAO so true.  The fact that I paid for it by selling other stuff wouldn't matter much in her eyes :)  I gave $3500 for it.  Earl
View Quote
Don't feel so bad about paying full price on my SB5K now
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 8:43:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I still love it. You never should of let the first one go. O well, Shit Happens
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 8:45:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Nope, but back then I was so young and needed the money for something else (God knows what at this point) - and certainly had no idea that they were going to be banned from importation in a few years and the prices go into the stratosphere.  If you could only know then what you know now :)

Quoted:
I still love it. You never should of let the first one go. O well, Shit Happens
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 9:06:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Nice pick-up!
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 9:08:45 PM EDT
[#9]
You need one of these vintage ads

Link Posted: 5/1/2017 10:25:30 PM EDT
[#10]
My dad has that exact ad hanging in his garage, been there for years.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 11:32:25 PM EDT
[#11]
I remember seeing that ad in SOF early 80's. The other good one was the guy in the water with the 91 resting on the floating log.

I would drool at the HK ads in study hall.

I'm sure mags like that are banned in schools by now.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 12:02:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Dead sexy!!!
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 10:13:30 AM EDT
[#13]
That's a really sweet catch. I let go of a 93 and an SP 89 back in the day.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 11:51:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I remember seeing that ad in SOF early 80's. The other good one was the guy in the water with the 91 resting on the floating log.

View Quote
Dem HK ads tho

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 11:54:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
Not the issues with high page capacity.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 4:10:41 PM EDT
[#16]
I remember those HK93 and HK94 adds on the back of Soldier of Fortune magazine.  Something like $449 and $499.  What I would have given for one of those.  David
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 4:17:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Awesome score!  That is one of my grails also.  Even with all the clones and kit builds available, there's a strong appeal to the real thing.  The prices were too high for me in the 80's, and they're even higher now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top