Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2017 9:10:12 AM EDT
Besides all the benefits it offers like folding, and giving you an awesome cheek weld, while not being a stock or being used as one, the SB tactical folding brace also has one more benefit on a fullsize MP5.

It brings the OAL to 26-9/16" Now, this is only applicable to Fullsize guns, the MP5K variants come up slightly short.

Also, I highly recommend the Hogue "Tactical" grip sleeve for everyone using a slick mp5 grip frame.

Link Posted: 4/13/2017 10:54:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Intardasting
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 11:09:46 AM EDT
[#2]
So it's a pistol (as opposed to a rifle or an SBR) with a VFG?

How is that not an AOW?
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 11:18:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So it's a pistol (as opposed to a rifle or an SBR) with a VFG?

How is that not an AOW?
View Quote
Because a Title I firearm that's over 26" long with a VFG installed isn't considered a pistol anymore.  It doesn't meet the legal definition of any of the specifically defined firearms under either Title I or Title II, so it's just a firearm.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 1:22:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Because a Title I firearm that's over 26" long with a VFG installed isn't considered a pistol anymore.  It doesn't meet the legal definition of any of the specifically defined firearms under either Title I or Title II, so it's just a firearm.
View Quote
So does that mean that, legally, you cannot fold the stock if the forward grip is still attached?
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 1:23:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So does that mean that, legally, you cannot fold the stock if the forward grip is still attached?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, it doesn't.  ATF measures overall length with everything fully extended.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 11:00:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Good to know!  I wondered how long it was with the brace on, but never bothered to measure it since the factory handguard is in place.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 7:38:03 AM EDT
[#7]
What rail is that?
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 9:12:27 AM EDT
[#8]
B&T tri rail. Keep in mind this requires modification if you want to use it on a MP5 with "F" modifications.

HK Parts B&T Tri rail.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top