Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2017 1:26:43 PM EDT
Hey, everyone.  I have a Z5P.  Would like to get an ambi safety selector.  I see HKParts has one but am unsure if it'll work work in my model.  Tried e-mailing but have yet to hear back.  Anyone know if it'll work?  Any other options out there?
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 1:55:27 PM EDT
[#1]
In order to put an ambi safety on a Zenith you have to buy a whole new trigger pack and frame.  Its $389.95 for the cheapest one.  I bought one, with US parts, for my Z5RS SBR.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 7:47:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Or be on the lookout for someone selling a SP5K complete lower.  One just sold yesterday on Pro for $200.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 1:00:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Or be on the lookout for someone selling a SP5K complete lower.  One just sold yesterday on Pro for $200.
View Quote
sp5k is for a gun with a shelf, z5p is push pin. You could use the trigger box and selector, but the grip housing itself wont work.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 9:45:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

sp5k is for a gun with a shelf, z5p is push pin. You could use the trigger box and selector, but the grip housing itself wont work.
View Quote
He speaks the truth!

I should have been more clear:  Buy a used SP5K complete lower, sell the housing, buy a push pin housing.  If you can get the complete lower for $200, the housing for $70, and sell the SP5K housing, it will be much cheaper than the $389 HKParts complete ambi lower.

I have a Z-5P and bought the HKParts complete lower.  Been a great upgrade to be able to select fire and safe without major hand movements (Is it worth $400?  Debatable...).  The nice thing about the HKParts complete lower is that it comes with an extended left selector.  You start adding up the parts and its still cheaper to go used, but maybe by $100.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 11:57:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Keep your eyes open for a Fleming ambi selector setup......one of them will fit your existing pack/housing
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top