Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2017 11:30:15 PM EDT
I know about HK 91, 93's, and 94's and the MKE and POF guns...couldn't find out a lot about this and I was just too tempted I probably should have walked away but I liked it.  I can be wierd.  I can't find out a lot about them.  It's an early Vector V53 carbine and from what I can tell the early ones some reported issues - or didn't like the welds.  I believe the early guns from what research I could do were SW receivers.  This one is #V0122 so pretty early.  All of my HK93 mags (aluminum and steel) lock up fine with no slop at all and are easy to get in and out.  It came with an A3 stock but the one issue with the gun I see so far is the receiver may be a bit out of spec.  The pin goes in 3/4ths the way in but doesn't want to go that last quarter with the A3 stock.  I tried a rubber hammer but no budge.  The A2 stock fits on easily so I guess I'll just put the A3 on my HK93 and call it a day.  I do see that the A2 stock has no buffer in it, whereas the A3 does.  The carrier in the gun is a buffered carrier.

Is there any way to determine if that is an HK made A3 stock?  On the one for my HK91 it is marked HK and date coded but I see no stamps on this one.  Maybe MKE or POF?  What's the value of it?   I've heard that HK93/HK53 A3 stocks are a bit pricey, never purchased one other than this one.

**Edit** It would appear the out of spec part here is that A3 stock.  Must not be HK for sure.  I can't get the pin in on my preban HK93 either and I know it's in spec :)

If I decide to go the SBR route can that thing on the end of it be shortened by a competent gunsmith and the barrel be threaded?

I haven't really seen another one of these HK53 carbines (hence my interest) - what do they normally run?  I THINK I did ok on this one, with the extra stock and 1 mag I have like $1000 in it.

Thanks,
Earl

Link Posted: 3/26/2017 2:51:30 AM EDT
[#1]
The A3 stock looks like one of the ATI F-style stocks from Taiwan.  I have one on a C93, required opening up one of stock pin holes for it to go through. Pretty common for them. At $100 or so, it is a cheap gamble.

Can't say much about the Vector, it looks like there might be enough barrel between the front sight tower and where the holes start for it to get cut and threaded, but I don't know if that is an extension or continuous barrel. Those welds though.

As with all things HK, anything is fixable but on the sliding dollar scale.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 3:37:46 AM EDT
[#2]
It's just an extension - why they didn't make it a contiguous barrel with a flash hider on the end I have no idea.  Like I said, had a wild hair and it interested me.  Earl
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 9:31:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Does it run?

If so, the rest can be fixed fairly cheaply (barring a barrel replacement). And at $1K... great deal (if it runs).

ETA: I suggest sending it to your favorite HK smith to make sure it can be fixed relatively cheaply before sending in your SBR paperwork.

JMO.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:30:14 AM EDT
[#4]
I see you're in Texas. Give TPM Outfitters a shout. They work on clones if I'm not mistaken. I have an HK 93 about to go to them for a 53 conversion.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 12:11:44 PM EDT
[#5]
yes it runs fine.  Hmm, I just notice there is a pin weld on the underside of that extension forward of the front sight base.  I could be wrong but I imagine that thing just needs to be removed by a gunsmith and it's threaded underneath.

Earl
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does it run?

If so, the rest can be fixed fairly cheaply (barring a barrel replacement). And at $1K... great deal (if it runs).

ETA: I suggest sending it to your favorite HK smith to make sure it can be fixed relatively cheaply before sending in your SBR paperwork.

JMO.
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top