Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:27:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Apparently legal to shoulder now.

Link Posted: 4/25/2017 1:36:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 2:03:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Good timing, just ordered one for my wife's new mp5.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 10:32:21 PM EDT
[#4]
This arm brace is awesome and the new ruling on shouldering makes it even more awesome!!!
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 11:01:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Zenith just released a new SB tactical brace for the Z43P, which includes a buffer in the brace.  They are for sale on Zenith's site now.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 12:45:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Considering that some braces are one-piece (I'm looking at you SB5), I wonder why ATF is bothering talking about 'permanently attached' KAK braces where the brace piece is loctited to the tube. If the SB5 is legal, what difference does it make if the KAK screw is attached with loctite?
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 6:55:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 1:06:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 8:58:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Anyone here have the SBT5K mounted on an Omega OM9-K? Does it have the large or small mounting holes? How do you like it?
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:52:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone here have the SBT5K mounted on an Omega OM9-K? Does it have the large or small mounting holes? How do you like it?
View Quote
I got my Omega OM9-k in today.  Immediately put brace on.  

Just do it.  It's unbelievably awesome.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:53:15 PM EDT
[#11]
If you put it on a Fullsize MP5, you get over 26" :)

I have since removed the claw mount, didnt like it, too high.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:58:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I got my Omega OM9-k in today.  Immediately put brace on.  

Just do it.  It's unbelievably awesome.
View Quote
Ordered this morning.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 2:06:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Ordered this morning.
View Quote

I've got a Scorpion Evo and a Kriss Vector... And this is way cooler than both, IMO.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 2:43:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/C58LMH5.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/TGGYKCN.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/J64Aevu.jpg

I've got a Scorpion Evo and a Kriss Vector... And this is way cooler than both, IMO.
View Quote
They are pretty cool. I only wanted one Subgun, so I sold my MPX. Will not look back. In a week or so mine will look like yours. 

Link Posted: 4/28/2017 8:47:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Zenith just released a new SB tactical brace for the Z43P, which includes a buffer in the brace.  They are for sale on Zenith's site now.
View Quote
I saw that and now I am lusting after a Z43P to go with my Z5-RS
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 8:52:11 PM EDT
[#16]
I really like it, my form 1 went out Wednesday.  Eventually, I will turn it into a 33k clone.  As an added bonus, it does not crease the brass like my dad's 93 does.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 7:34:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Does anyone know where to find the SBT5k in stock? I've Googled and clicked every link and can't find one anywhere. Looking to pay closer to the $200 range and of course cheaper if possible.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 8:44:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Got the brace for 43P the other day.  Same exact one as the Z5RS, so I called Zenith, and they said the new braces have an improved buffer, it's basically and H buffer.  Fired it today, felt good, very lite recoil.  After firing, pulled the brace off and there were no marks on the buffer.

Jason
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 9:09:07 PM EDT
[#19]
The SB-tactical brace for the Z43P is the same as the brace for Z5RS, there is no difference, it is the same SBT5.  It does not have a 93/33 type buffer.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 8:38:54 AM EDT
[#20]
What the heck is up with the pricing??!!

List for 250

And a BUNCH of places had it for 159 and sold out

159 I'm foing

250 I'll just sbr

Anyplace have it in stock sub $200?
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 9:11:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Well just ordered one for $159 shipped from universal mania

Took a gamble but paid via PayPal
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 9:28:17 AM EDT
[#22]
will those work on the GSG mp5 clone?
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 10:23:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Well just ordered one for $159 shipped from universal mania

Took a gamble but paid via PayPal
View Quote
UM is GTG, that's where I got mine recently.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 1:41:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Edit: Brace arrived but not good, the hinge is loose and flopping around open and closed.

Unacceptable.

Be interesting to see if this is a bad run because it seems to be an oversized hole on the brace side.

Just imagine how annoying that rattle would be and how weak the hinge is.

I've had this brace for over a month now with no vertical play.

Link Posted: 6/4/2017 7:42:22 PM EDT
[#25]
@2stampbob

Ive got the same issue, though im not sure if its as severe as yours. When locked in the open position the brace can pivot/shift up and down on the hinge, just like in your photo. Makes a 'creaking' noise too.

Also, I had lots of trouble installing it on a Zenith K model. It could be that the zenith was out of spec, i am not sure. But i had to take a dremel and remove quite a bit of material from the B&T hinge part in order to get the top takedown pin to align and go into place. This was not plug and play. Ill probably send SB-Tactical an email letting them know. But not sure what use it will be.
Link Posted: 6/4/2017 9:11:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
@2stampbob

Ive got the same issue, though im not sure if its as severe as yours. When locked in the open position the brace can pivot/shift up and down on the hinge, just like in your photo. Makes a 'creaking' noise too.

Also, I had lots of trouble installing it on a Zenith K model. It could be that the zenith was out of spec, i am not sure. But i had to take a dremel and remove quite a bit of material from the B&T hinge part in order to get the top takedown pin to align and go into place. This was not plug and play. Ill probably send SB-Tactical an email letting them know. But not sure what use it will be.
View Quote
The one I had was tight in the receiver and I had to lightly tap one pin in so that part was OK in my case.

I'd suspect the brace is out of spec before the Zenith.
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 10:21:59 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Edit: Brace arrived but not good, the hinge is loose and flopping around open and closed.

Unacceptable.

Be interesting to see if this is a bad run because it seems to be an oversized hole on the brace side.

Just imagine how annoying that rattle would be and how weak the hinge is.

http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q613/Johnharden810/fullsizeoutput_4f9_zpsfy0p61rf.jpeg~original

http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q613/Johnharden810/fullsizeoutput_4f8_zpssgsswgvj.jpeg~original

I've had this brace for over a month now with no vertical play.

http://i1166.photobucket.com/albums/q613/Johnharden810/B376031A-DAC7-4B8E-AFA7-0FEF13AB7CE9_zpsuwiguizv.jpg~original
View Quote
My second brace arrived this way.  If you tighten the hex screw at the folding point it will fix the issue.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 2:16:58 PM EDT
[#28]
So after i emailed SB-tactical, they actually emailed me a return label and asked for me to send it back and they would send me a new one. (even after i modified it, kudos!)

Im hesitant because if i have the same problem with their new one, i gotta do this fitting all over again. So i am not sure.

@2stampbob, if you're unhappy, just email SB, they were quick and helpful with making things right.

@mudd, that was the first thing i tried. I cranked it down as far i was comfortable going and im still able to get the play up and down to occur. I didnt want to mess with it anymore. Personally, i dont really care about that so much as the part initially not fitting.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:47:10 PM EDT
[#29]
short update:

After i sent the product back to SBtactical, they told me to give them a call about my brace. So i talked to presumably the owner (i forget his name, im sorry), and from what he said, the up and down slop is actually intentional. Apparently, the initial ones they were making had no play in the hinge and were to original specs per the b&t stocks. However the tight tolerances caused them issues so they increased the 'play'. Since people are using these as stocks, and treating them as such, the hinge needed to extra room to allow it to take more abuse. Thats the gist of it. So they did it for reliability sake.

I will also say this. The guy at SB tactical said you can fix the slop by tightening down the hinge screw pretty hard (i assumed you could, but i was hesitant). I told him i was afraid of breaking something and wouldn't want to cause damage. His response was "crank that thing down, if it breaks, let us know and we'll take care of it". So i cranked the crap out of that screw and its perfect. no more wobble.

He also mentioned that the B&T hinge part that attaches to the receiver is specifically designed for HK manufactured guns. Not necessarily clone guns (in terms of looser tolerances). So some modifications could be required (like in my case with the MKE) to get it to fit properly.

Even with the new brace, i will have to dremel and shave this thing down again to get it to fit. So it would appear the MKE is slightly out of spec.

All in all, SBtactical had great customer service, so id like to give them the credit of taking care of me and spending time talking on the phone about all of this.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:01:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Anyone seen one in stock cheaper than 250?
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 6:34:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Lanbo's Tactical sent an in-stock email for $150 yesterday. Good luck.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 6:31:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
Find the cheapest one online even if it is out of stock and opticsplanet will match it. Just got mine Friday.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 6:50:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Find the cheapest one online even if it is out of stock and opticsplanet will match it. Just got mine Friday.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
my order from universal mania is still on back order
optics would match too but they are out of stock
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 6:54:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Ordered one from my distributor.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 11:19:22 AM EDT
[#35]
Any place in stock?

Optics planet cancels my order after months and then emails me that they have in stock for full price but it's out of stock on every place
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 1:15:39 PM EDT
[#36]
I just ordered one from HKparts.net last Wed....but it was full price.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 4:21:12 PM EDT
[#37]
I bought one last week for $1900ish from Atlantic Firearms. It came with a free Zenith Z-5RS!
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 4:19:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Any place in stock?

Optics planet cancels my order after months and then emails me that they have in stock for full price but it's out of stock on every place
View Quote
FYI...Optics Planet has the new version on backorder now. SB Tactical discontinued the original and no longer shipping the old skew #. It is a different MPN # and distinguished by the blue plastic piece instead of the yellow.

I also got the same email but called and reordered after finding below item.

SB Tactical SP5K brace

P.S. I also only paid $130 after explaining I had been waiting since June.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 8:17:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
FYI...Optics Planet has the new version on backorder now. SB Tactical discontinued the original and no longer shipping the old skew #. It is a different MPN # and distinguished by the blue plastic piece instead of the yellow.

SB Tactical SP5K brace

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any place in stock?

SB Tactical SP5K brace

They just gave me the hookup too for the new one
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 11:16:44 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

SB Tactical SP5K brace

View Quote
Is the new one supposed to be rated for 5.56?  I saw something on the optics planet site that suggested the endcap was aluminum or something.
Link Posted: 11/3/2017 11:49:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Is the new one supposed to be rated for 5.56?  I saw something on the optics planet site that suggested the endcap was aluminum or something.
View Quote
Pretty sure it's aluminum as it's fairly thick but still lightweight and it looks anodized instead of painted.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 8:20:01 PM EDT
[#42]
OK so optics planet cancles my order due to it being the old model and then gives me the new one at the old price....

but ships the old plastic non aluminum one
Link Posted: 11/28/2017 4:45:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Optics Planet has 20 MP5K new aluminum versions "In Stock" at time of this post.
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 11:40:54 AM EDT
[#44]
They shipped me an aluminum and my old order for the original. Put my original on the ee.

The new aluminum one does not have the sling swivel though

Has s hole but not threaded.
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 2:23:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Has s hole but not threaded.
View Quote
That's a QD attachment point..
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 7:17:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Can anyone post a pic or two?  Curious as to which parts exactly they made aluminum.
Link Posted: 11/30/2017 9:51:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Can anyone post a pic or two?  Curious as to which parts exactly they made aluminum.
View Quote
The part that slides over the receiver and is attached via push pin is aluminum. It has a QD attachment point now instead of the sling swivel hole on the polymer version.

Link Posted: 11/30/2017 11:20:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

The part that slides over the receiver and is attached via push pin is aluminum. It has a QD attachment point now instead of the sling swivel hole on the polymer version.

https://i.imgur.com/iHYv5MP.jpg
View Quote
Awesome, thanks.  So it looks like the brace part itself is still polymer.  Looks like the new aluminum piece is no longer a B&T part either.  I wonder if the change also lets them avoid some licensing costs that way too.

I guess the big question is still whether this makes the brace truly 5.56 capable.  Seems like it would be stronger, but on the other hand I seem to recall that Aluminum will crack over time when subjected to stress or impacts over a long period of time.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top