Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/5/2017 5:30:34 PM EDT
Do these have a buffer in them? Spring? I will have my new Zenith pistol sometime this week, and have been looking at those braces very closely...............as well as the possible Gear Head works collapsible brace..............anyone know who has the SB in stock?
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 5:44:28 PM EDT
[#1]
They have the rubber H-buffer in them. HKParts has them in stock.

Personally, I like using the AR adapter and the Sig Brace, as I can take the sig brace off and use it on other firearms. the SB Tactical version only fits HK roller-lock guns, and once I SBRd them and put the proper stock on them, I wouldn't want a $250 brace laying around that I had no use for.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 5:59:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They have the rubber H-buffer in them. HKParts has them in stock.

Personally, I like using the AR adapter and the Sig Brace, as I can take the sig brace off and use it on other firearms. the SB Tactical version only fits HK roller-lock guns, and once I SBRd them and put the proper stock on them, I wouldn't want a $250 brace laying around that I had no use for.
View Quote

Thanks for the reply.................I am debating keeping it as a pistol for the time being, so the brace would stay on it..........and when I went the SBR route, I could always sell it...........the new one from Gear Head works looks promising as well, but there is no timeline for it to be available.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 6:28:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Put one on my Turner Fab clone love it.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 6:29:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Put one on my Turner Fab clone love it.https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/290177/image-159632.JPG
View Quote

Looks great
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 7:32:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Do these have a buffer in them? Spring? I will have my new Zenith pistol sometime this week, and have been looking at those braces very closely...............as well as the possible Gear Head works collapsible brace..............anyone know who has the SB in stock?
View Quote

Got a SB Tactical folding brace on my MKE 5RS, and it nothing short of fantastic. I do like Gear Head Works conversion bace, but since I bought the SB Tactical,  I will probably pass
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 7:55:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Got a SB Tactical folding brace on my MKE 5RS, and it nothing short of fantastic. I do like Gear Head Works conversion bace, but since I bought the SB Tactical,  I will probably pass
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have an RS coming as well and thought that the SB would be a good addition......
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 8:39:04 PM EDT
[#7]
On SP5K, and MKE below.  It's a great brace that will most likely end up keeping at least one of these pistols in it's orginal configuration.  SB Tactical has them in stock as well as hkparts.net.

Link Posted: 3/5/2017 11:23:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Mine's been great so far. Love the ability to fold the brace. 

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 8:23:17 AM EDT
[#9]

Nice rig...............I came very close to getting that model, but the RS called my name and I had to get it
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 9:47:20 PM EDT
[#10]
You'll feel elated for not paying $200 for a stamp BUT the $260 is a kick in the ball sack. To be honest I love mine.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 10:43:29 PM EDT
[#11]
I have 3 of the braces! Absolutely outstanding. Yes, I do have an SBR with an original B&T as well.  These braces work as advertised.

Link Posted: 3/6/2017 10:47:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Nice rig...............I came very close to getting that model, but the RS called my name and I had to get it
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Thanks, I have always liked the K's, so it was a natural choice for my first (and possibly only, but hopefully not) clone. And it was also the only one in stock at the time, sooooo  I love the look of a collapsible stock on an RS. 
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 5:39:14 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a BNIB one I need to sell. Drop me a line.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 10:02:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have a BNIB one I need to sell. Drop me a line.
View Quote

IM sent
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 10:37:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Just a thought...

I wonder if after purchasing a tax stamp if anyone has kept the "brace" on, not purchased a regular folding stock and just shouldered the brace ?
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 12:40:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Just a thought...

I wonder if after purchasing a tax stamp if anyone has kept the "brace" on, not purchased a regular folding stock and just shouldered the brace ?
View Quote
Not the MP5 brace, but I did that with one of my AR SBRs after it was approved at the local indoor range for LOLs. No one said anything though 
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 3:14:04 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm torn because I have the k clone and it looks so good with the vertical grip when sbr'ed

But that b&t styled brace looks good with no red tape (and I own nfa suppressors already)

Cost is more to sbr since you have to pay $200  + stock + grip
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 3:58:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm torn because I have the k clone and it looks so good with the vertical grip when sbr'ed

But that b&t styled brace looks good with no red tape (and I own nfa suppressors already)

Cost is more to sbr since you have to pay $200  + stock + grip
View Quote
Personally, after using this brace, I'm not going to SBR my K. It's much more useful leaving it as a pistol, for example I can conceal carry it in the car if I want. 

I do plan to get another MP5 variant at some point, and then I'll probably SBR one. 
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 7:37:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Another thought about the brace...

What type of sling are y'all using ?

Do the QD mount holes actually work ?
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 7:56:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
Those aren't QD mounts. 

Seems they all were supposed to come with a sling swivel, and most didn't. If you write to SB they'll mail you one.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 10:58:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Good to know...

Where does it attach ?
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 11:56:14 PM EDT
[#22]
The Brace on a fullsize makes it over 26" OAL..Just sayin.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 1:27:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Good to know...

Where does it attach ?There's 
View Quote
There's a hole on the left side of the endplate with a circular depression around it, screws right into there. I can add a pic in the am.

ETA: Pic of the sling loop installed

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 1:53:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Thanks...
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 7:03:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm still waiting for mine to arrive from SB.  Early February I wrote them.

Link Posted: 3/14/2017 10:27:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Same.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 7:35:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Any other solutions available?
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 10:31:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Same here
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 12:39:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Just picked up the clones today and had the brace for about a week. Still looking for a brace for the K.

I wasn't going to jump into the MP5 clone game because I have my MPX SBR and am not doing any new NFA since the new regulations. This brace was what changed my mind because it turns a range toy into a better range toy. Although, you still gotta be mindful of who is around you because some A-HOLE will come along and tell you how it's not OK to shoulder it even when i'll obviously keep it off my shoulder and on my cheek.

The K clone would be better with a VFG but not worth going NFA since I have my MPX.

Link Posted: 3/24/2017 9:57:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Well just ordered one for the k clone for $199 at optics planet so not sure I'll get it   but for that price I'll risk it
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 8:18:11 AM EDT
[#31]
Would go this route, but $200+ for a stock? Please. I just went the SBR route instead to have more flexibility as to what stock I put on.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 8:13:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Would go this route, but $200+ for a stock? Please. I just went the SBR route instead to have more flexibility as to what stock I put on.
View Quote
How is that flexibility working during out of state travel or carry loaded in a car?

In my case my State won't allow loaded rifles during transport.

I have a bunch of SBRs but it is nice to have a couple items handy that don't fall under unjust laws and regulations.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 9:54:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
How is that flexibility working during out of state travel or carry loaded in a car?

I have a bunch of SBRs but it is nice to have a couple items handy that don't fall under unjust laws and regulations.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I also like to shoulder my rifles without wondering whether I'm going to be arrested for "converting" a pistol to a rifle.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 10:35:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Same here
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here
Same here :(  called them twice 3 weeks apart. That was 3 weeks ago, and still no swivels
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 11:45:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I also like to shoulder my rifles without wondering whether I'm going to be arrested for "converting" a pistol to a rifle.
View Quote
A pistol is not a rifle unless you intended to make a pistol a short barreled rifle.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 2:33:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Same here :(  called them twice 3 weeks apart. That was 3 weeks ago, and still no swivels
View Quote
I just got mine in the mail today, so they seem to be shipping them out now.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 2:49:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine showed up today as well! They're not heavy duty but good enough for what I'll use them for short of a zombie apocalypse.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:53:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:...once I SBRd them and put the proper stock on them, I wouldn't want a $250 brace laying around that I had no use for.
View Quote
A couple of google searches found the fixed variant (same msrp) for just over $150 shipped...so it's not quite as much of a kick in the nuts as $250.  It's safe to say that when you are done with the brace you could sell it to another guy who's waiting on a stamp for at least $100, so it's really not a huge investment in the grand scheme of being a gun nut that's into NFA toys...
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:24:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Just got my brace for my full size Zenith pistol, and I have to say I like it a lot! Makes me want to save up for a K version and get a brace for it as well
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:42:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Has anyone noticed that the Folding hinge and the Rubber brace has the Brügger & Thomet logo on it @
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 7:17:32 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Has anyone noticed that the Folding hinge and the Rubber brace has the Brügger & Thomet logo on it @
View Quote
Yep, its the B&T endcap/hinge. Makes a lot of sense to use that than try to design their own. 
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 10:27:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Yep, its the B&T endcap/hinge. Makes a lot of sense to use that than try to design their own. 
View Quote
THe hinge makes sense... it's the Brace it self also with the logo that surprised me.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 12:49:17 PM EDT
[#43]
got mine today
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 2:34:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Very nice!  I'll have the exact same set up, though on an Omega K model.  I have to say, the Tundra looks pretty good on there... which is what I was kind of worried about.  I still might pay the money to get a tri-lug for my Tundra though.  Hmmmm.  Looks good even threaded on though.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 5:02:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Very nice!  I'll have the exact same set up, though on an Omega K model.  I have to say, the Tundra looks pretty good on there... which is what I was kind of worried about.  I still might pay the money to get a tri-lug for my Tundra though.  Hmmmm.  Looks good even threaded on though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Thanks
I have a Raptor II  plus an AAC Triad three lug adapter that I can use with the Tundra.
I really like the K model and had the hardest time deciding between it and the standard size gun.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 5:26:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
I've got a Tundra on my P30, and a homemade F1 can on the K clone. My home made can is using a Gemtech 3 Lug mount, but I can't see how you could use it with the Tundra, unless there's more of it to take apart than I've been able to... 

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 5:50:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I've got a Tundra on my P30, and a homemade F1 can on the K clone. My home made can is using a Gemtech 3 Lug mount, but I can't see how you could use it with the Tundra, unless there's more of it to take apart than I've been able to... 

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/350579/IMG-20170217-205245715-194504.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/350579/IMG-20170217-205245715-194504.JPG
The Tundra is almost an exact copy of the AAC EVO 9 suppressor.

I use my AAC Triad 3 lug adapter (made for aac evo) on my Tundra. Works great but wouldn't recommend it as it would probably void warranty.

Not worried about my warranty

The pistons are also interchangeable between Tundra and evo.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 6:01:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I use my AAC Triad 3 lug adapter (made for aac evo) on my Tundra. Works great but wouldn't recommend it as it would probably void warranty.

View Quote
Hmm, maybe I haven't taken it apart fully yet then. I switched the piston out for the LH threads to run on the P30, but I couldn't get it any farther apart to put the 3 lug adapter on it. Maybe I should try with the strap wrench. 
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 6:18:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Hmm, maybe I haven't taken it apart fully yet then. I switched the piston out for the LH threads to run on the P30, but I couldn't get it any farther apart to put the 3 lug adapter on it. Maybe I should try with the strap wrench. 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

AAC Triad mounted on my Gemtech Tundra

I don't think you can do this with the Gemtech 3 lug mount?

I really like this folding arm brace also
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 6:49:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

AAC Triad mounted on my Gemtech Tundra

I don't think you can do this with the Gemtech 3 lug mount?

I really like this folding arm brace also
http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/qq212/KAB12869/Camera/20170424_181426.jpg
View Quote
Yeah, the Gemtech mount won't screw onto the back like that. I was thinking the golf ball texture part may unscrew, and if so the Gemtech adapter looks like it'd be the right size for that part, but mine didn't budge. I've seen a picture online of that part removed, but I don't know how... unless I jsut need to crank on it harder. 
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top