Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2017 5:17:59 PM EDT
Honest opinions, I have an mke k pistol that I want to have a three lug put on for future sbr is it worth it or just buy an omega k upper
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 5:41:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Honest opinions, I have an mke k pistol that I want to have a three lug put on for future sbr is it worth it or just buy an omega k upper
View Quote

I would just buy another mke k-n or possibly the omega. If you do go the barrel swap route, I would have Mike Otte do it. His barrel swap cost includes one of his mp5k-n barrels in the price.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 1:09:25 AM EDT
[#2]
G-Lisch

Want to do the same with the Z-5P pistol I have.  I decided I wanted to use the new B&T MP5k-PDW barrels sold by HKParts.net.
They are thread 1/2" by 32 TPI which is the standard used by HK for all the 9mm barrels accept the SD ones.  The Zenith PDW barrels
are 1/2" x 28 TPI.  Waiting for the new Franklin Armory Binary HK trigger.  If it works as well as the ones on the AR15 platform I
don't think it would be necessary to make it sear-ready
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 8:47:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I have an SP5K and a HK 94 that I'm about to do barrel swaps on (the 94 is going to be an MP5-N conversion). I'm having Jayson at IGF do them. These are just setups ive always wanted but if price was an issue I'd just go with the new Omega upper. I'm new to the roller lock game, and never realized Barrel swaps were so arduous and requires the upper to be refinished. Roller locks are an expensive hobby compared to ARs which, after 25 years of tinkering with them absolutely bore me to death now.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 10:19:58 AM EDT
[#4]
When I had my MKE converted to PDW specs, there weren't as many options as today. I used a RCM barrel and Ghilliebear did the change out and the refinish. He also added the front sling attachment which is correct for the PDW.

I Think the conversion with barrel costs me about $500.

Well worth doing IMHO.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 4:33:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Last time I talked to Jeff it was $1000 to refinish $475 to rebarrel
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 7:35:11 PM EDT
[#6]
From what I've seen it would be more than half the cost of a new gun to rebarrel. I'd sell it and buy a new one.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 3:51:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I thought there was a smith, m60joe or something like that, that could thread and add a tri lug without barrel removal/refinish back a few years ago?
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 7:15:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Last time I talked to Jeff it was $1000 to refinish $475 to rebarrel
View Quote

You might want to call him again and talk to him. He just refinished and laser-engraved my V53 for $365.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 1:28:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes, M60Joe did do the work you describe.  Not sure if he still does now.  Just remember Google is your friend and google
his name.  He has a web site. the last time I checked on him.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 4:28:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I thought there was a smith, m60joe or something like that, that could thread and add a tri lug without barrel removal/refinish back a few years ago?
View Quote

There are several smiths that offer this. Off the top of my head M60Joe, Ghillibear, Curtis Higgins, TSC (I think)...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top