Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2017 7:47:08 AM EDT
I am looking at the MKE Z-5P Pistol.
I have no experience with H&K or the clones. Is the MKE the better clone out there?
I'd like to have an original H&K but cost is an issue.
I the MKE Z-5P fully compatible with H&K parts? Can I easily buy a rifle stock to make (and register) as an SBR? Has anybody done this?
Any input is welcome.
Thanks
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 8:48:29 AM EDT
[#1]
The Zenith is probably the best bang for the buck if you don't want to run a sear in it. It is fully compatible with HK parts (minus the bolt carrier, unless you get a semi-auto bolt carrier), and a stock is easily added once your Form 1 is approved.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:44:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Leib109
Can you explain the bolt carrier issue (I will not run a sear)?
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 12:09:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks Leib109
Can you explain the bolt carrier issue (I will not run a sear)?
View Quote

The MKE has a block in the rear of the receiver that prohibits you from running a full auto bolt. This doesn't matter if you don't already have or like me don't have $32K to spend on a registered sear pack. The MKE does have a front pivot pin vs a shelf like the Omega but the Omega has a full auto bolt.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 11:15:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I love my Z5P. Favorite gun ever. I hate I waited so long to get one. 

3 lug is slick. Much better than the threads. 

Added the "US trigger pack for Zeniths" from HK Parts to fix a strange factory issue and improve the trigger at the same time. Great upgrade. Also added the XS big dot front night sight, then promptly made that useless by adding the RMR .

SB folding brace is epic. 

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 9:00:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I love my Z5P. Favorite gun ever. I hate I waited so long to get one. 

3 lug is slick. Much better than the threads. 

Added the "US trigger pack for Zeniths" from HK Parts to fix a strange factory issue and improve the trigger at the same time. Great upgrade. Also added the XS big dot front night sight, then promptly made that useless by adding the RMR .

SB folding brace is epic. 

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/350579/IMG-20170217-205245715-155593.JPG
View Quote

Nice rig................tell me more about that trigger pack.............I have an RS coming soon, and will do some upgrades
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 12:23:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Nice rig................tell me more about that trigger pack.............I have an RS coming soon, and will do some upgrades
View Quote
Thanks.

Got it off HKParts, under the MP5K -> Trigger Packs, the "Zenith 9mm US Made Trigger Pack", the brand is HKParts. Has 4 US 922R parts, and they claim that "several parts are match". I don't know which ones exactly, but the trigger pull is vastly improved versus the stock trigger, and the fit and finish is excellent.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 12:30:21 PM EDT
[#7]
jafrush: very nice rig! Is it a real suppressor - if so which one would you recommend?
Thanks
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 12:40:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
jafrush: very nice rig! Is a real suppressor - if so which one would you recommend?
Thanks
View Quote
Thanks.

Yeah, real suppressor. Its a Form 1 build I made myself, and used a Gemtech 3 lug mount for the one end. The rest is a titanium tube and aluminum K baffles and spacers, cerakoted to match the Gemtech mount.  

As far as "which one", there's a ton of options. Getting one that is 3 lug compatible is important for the MP5's though, it is so much nicer to use the 3 lug than the threads. 
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 2:18:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Thanks.

Got it off HKParts, under the MP5K -> Trigger Packs, the "Zenith 9mm US Made Trigger Pack", the brand is HKParts. Has 4 US 922R parts, and they claim that "several parts are match". I don't know which ones exactly, but the trigger pull is vastly improved versus the stock trigger, and the fit and finish is excellent.
View Quote

I'm pretty sure the trigger parts are just stock PTR parts.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 2:30:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I'm pretty sure the trigger parts are just stock PTR parts.
View Quote
Wouldn't surprise me. All I can say is that the trigger pull improved a lot, and it fixed the issue I had with the ridiculously tight charging handle. 
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 5:00:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Thanks.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

Thanks............I'll check into that
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top