Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2017 6:01:17 AM EDT
The trigger on my HK93 clone is smooth, but heavy. At almost 9 lbs. it seems to me most of the weight is from the heavy trigger return spring. It appears to be a small torsion type spring. Are there any lighter springs that can be used ? I'm thinking maybe a hardware store might have one that is the same size but a lighter diameter. Any thoughts or input ? -Thanks
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 11:07:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Supposedly an MP5 spring or bend the stock one from straight up and down ( 12& 6'o clock) to 12 & 5'o clock.

Pick up a couple used spares from RTG and bend away.
(Its what I did and dropped my trigger down to 5 lbs)
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 9:36:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Supposedly an MP5 spring or bend the stock one from straight up and down ( 12& 6'o clock) to 12 & 5'o clock.

Pick up a couple used spares from RTG and bend away.
(Its what I did and dropped my trigger down to 5 lbs)
View Quote

Did you have any issues with reset after lighten the spring ?
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 10:51:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I used the mp5 spring in my91 and it wouldnt reset on its own. I did the bent 91 spring and it works well.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 9:43:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Did you have any issues with reset after lighten the spring ?
View Quote

I bent it to 4 'O clock and it would not reset.
Tweaked it to 5 'O clock and its never failed.

Spring
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top