Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2017 1:15:09 PM EDT
I found a decent deal on an MR762 and was wondering what the consensus on them was?

Looking through the last few pages of the picture thread, it appears most HK fans still are only interested in the roller locks, any reason why the MR series is less appealing?

For reference here are my other modern semi-auto .308s, let me know if the MR762 would just be redundant.
1. SCAR 17s
2. Larue OBR
3. DPMS Gen 2 Recon
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 2:13:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Define "decent deal" but I can say this, of your list, the DPMS is off the list: unless you really do want second-rate junk.

LaRue OBR. Highly spoken of, great rifle. Not sure however if it is significantly "better" than a HK MR762.

SCAR 17? Compromise rifle. Fun to shoot, decent accuracy.

HK's 308 semi-auto has been selected as the replacement rifle for the M110 CSASS program, for what it is worth. In the right hands, they are extremely accurate.

But again...what do you mean by "decent deal"?
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 3:04:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Define "decent deal" but I can say this, of your list, the DPMS is off the list: unless you really do want second-rate junk.

LaRue OBR. Highly spoken of, great rifle. Not sure however if it is significantly "better" than a HK MR762.

HK's 308 semi-auto has been selected as the replacement rifle for the M110 CSASS program, for what it is worth. In the right hands, they are extremely accurate.

View Quote

$3500 for the SD version is the deal. For reference I already own the other rifles listed. The DPMS Gen 2 isn't so bad, now that I swapped the trigger, hand guard, stock, and installed an adjustable gas system.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 3:14:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Not sure what you mean by the "SD" version.... please explain.

$3500 is an ok price. Is it the 10 round bullet button/CA or MA compliant version?

:)

Here's a link to some that are for sale right now:

https://www.slickguns.com/search/apachesolr_search/HK%2BMR762
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 3:17:31 PM EDT
[#4]
It's this one here.  
http://hk-usa.com/hk-models/mr762a1-sd/
It comes with the OSS suppressor designed for the MR762 and a different hand guard.
No bullet button, but only a 10 round mag.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 3:26:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It's this one here.  
http://hk-usa.com/hk-models/mr762a1-sd/
It comes with the OSS suppressor designed for the MR762 and a different hand guard.
No bullet button, but only a 10 round mag.
View Quote

I was not aware those were anywhere commercially available.

How much?
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 3:40:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quiet Riot Firearms has them in stock and on sale for $3500.
http://www.quietriotfirearms.com/product_p/mr762sd.htm

They are an Arfcom supporting dealer with many happy customers in the silencer section, so they should be good to go as a dealer.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 8:58:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Is the suppressor included in the $3499 price?

If so- I would jump on that. I paid $3600 for a base MR762A1.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 1:14:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

The DPMS GII is actually a pretty damn good rifle.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 10:44:22 AM EDT
[#9]
I'd say if you the means and you can order the MR762 package WITH THE SUPPRESSOR for only $3500...that's a total no brainer. Do it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 12:03:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I went ahead and bought one of the MR762-SD packages that Quiet Riot had for sale.
Now for the Form 3 + Form 4 wait.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 1:52:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I went ahead and bought one of the MR762-SD packages that Quiet Riot had for sale.
Now for the Form 3 + Form 4 wait.
View Quote

You get the rifle, ASAP- correct? So all you're waiting on is the OSS suppressor as part of the "SD package" ?
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 10:10:50 AM EDT
[#12]
You are correct. The rifle will ship immediately.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 10:29:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Good deal.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 9:41:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Broke down and got this rifle deal myself, it is an amazingly good price, and Quiet Riot selling it are fantastic. I purchased it today, and they shipped it out and the suppressor will follow it once the form they work with it is fill out and approved so they can send it to my SOT here in my area.

It's nearly like getting the entire OSS suppressor system for free, given what the MR762 is selling for in the non-CA compliant version!
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 5:37:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Seems like this was a pretty good deal considering there are basically no mr762s for sale. Those on gun broker are $300-$1000 more and no suppressor.

I concurs that QR is very helpful and prompt.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 4:44:12 PM EDT
[#16]
It was an awesome buying experience. Immediate responses to my emails, and FAST shipping.

Rifle arrives tomorrow, the suppressor comes when the Form 3 stuff is taken care of, then the LONG waiting begins.

But that OSS suppressor system is simply awesome and will be well worth the wait.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top