Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2016 1:53:09 PM EDT
$220 for a "match" grade trigger.

Ive kicked around the idea of putting one in my MP5K clone. Got a bit of money to burn. Figure some more mags would be a good idea. Then I came across this trigger. Just one of those things I wonder if it would make shooting this gun even better.

Not really looking to up accuracy, but makes me wonder if I can shoot it faster with this trigger.

Or should I just stock up on mags?
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 2:11:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Assuming you are talking about the HK Parts made "match" trigger. I don't know anyone who has one to know what it is like. I don't mind the regular trigger groups I use, then again I make up some 922r parts with all my trigger packs so switching to a mostly German "match" trigger is not really in the cards for me.

I myself would buy more mags. Mags mags mags. Because if there is going to be another crazytime frolics panic before or after the election I guarantee you that match trigger pack will still be on Adam's shelf but the mags won't be.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 2:21:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Assuming you are talking about the HK Parts made "match" trigger. I don't know anyone who has one to know what it is like. I don't mind the regular trigger groups I use, then again I make up some 922r parts with all my trigger packs so switching to a mostly German "match" trigger is not really in the cards for me.

I myself would buy more mags. Mags mags mags. Because if there is going to be another crazytime frolics panic before or after the election I guarantee you that match trigger pack will still be on Adam's shelf but the mags won't be.
View Quote

Kinda how I feel about it too.

The Korean ones will run fine correct? Ive got 1 US made mag that works fine and 2 germans at the moment.

I can pick up 3 Koreans for the price of one german
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 2:31:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't own any Korean mags myself but I have heard that the NEW iterations of them are pretty good, the previous iterations I've always heard mixed results.

Most of my mags are US and German, both of various generations. I usually go by the chrome follower... if it has a chrome follower it is usually pretty good in my experience.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 2:36:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I don't own any Korean mags myself but I have heard that the NEW iterations of them are pretty good, the previous iterations I've always heard mixed results.

Most of my mags are US and German, both of various generations. I usually go by the chrome follower... if it has a chrome follower it is usually pretty good in my experience.
View Quote

Good enough.

Another 1K of ammo, more mags, and possibly the correct rear sight it is then
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 9:36:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Just get the "match" sear spring/spacer from either RTGparts or HKparts.   They are not going to make your group into a PSG-1 trigger but for less than $20 they are worth it.   I have one from each vendor and can't tell the difference between the two.

RTG

HKparts
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 8:59:50 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Just get the "match" sear spring/spacer from either RTGparts or HKparts.   They are not going to make your group into a PSG-1 trigger but for less than $20 they are worth it.   I have one from each vendor and can't tell the difference between the two.

RTG

HKparts
View Quote

+1

This sear spring makes a world of difference. It's the only "Match" trigger mod needed for most uses.

Link Posted: 5/26/2016 1:57:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

+1

This sear spring makes a world of difference. It's the only "Match" trigger mod needed for most uses.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

RTG

HKparts

+1

Absolutely! I got the one from RTG and it's a dream. Haven't tried the one from HKParts.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 6:47:53 PM EDT
[#8]
I wouldnt put one in an MP5 or K clone. If you are shooting a G3 style or SG1 they make a lot of difference. The one HKparts sells is done by Bill Springfield and it is very good.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 8:13:51 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Absolutely! I got the one from RTG and it's a dream. Haven't tried the one from HKParts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

RTG

HKparts

+1

So what is the tradeoff with using the match sear spring/spacer? Or is this truly a free lunch?

And why didn't you guys tell me to get one until after I just placed an order with HKParts?
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 9:07:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

So what is the tradeoff with using the match sear spring/spacer? Or is this truly a free lunch?

And why didn't you guys tell me to get one until after I just placed an order with HKParts?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

RTG

HKparts

+1

It's a free lunch as far as I can tell. And I swore I told you to buy one of these...I guess not. Just wait until your next order with $30 shipping from HKParts.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 11:58:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Looking at the picture of the match sear spring in the links, it doesn't look like the sear spring that came in my AA94.  Do you have to shape it or something to fit it?

How much difference does it make?  The trigger pull on mine is just under 8 pounds right now.
Link Posted: 5/31/2016 7:28:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

RTG

HKparts
View Quote

I bought one for all 4 of my clones, 3 to replaced the bent up auto spring and one to replace what looked like an AR trigger spring in my Atalantic Arms AA89, definite improvement but by no means "match grade".
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 12:56:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 8:32:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I bought one for all 4 of my clones, 3 to replaced the bent up auto spring and one to replace what looked like an AR trigger spring in my Atalantic Arms AA89, definite improvement but by no means "match grade".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

RTG

HKparts

I bought one from RTG. After installing it in my SAR3 pack, it made no difference. I found that the pack has a very heavy trigger reset spring and that reset spring was negating any benefit of the sear spring. I bent the trigger spring a bit and it made a difference in pull weight, but the pull itself is still sloppy, lots of take up and a gritty break. I'll be sending it to WTS for a trigger job.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 9:00:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 9:49:17 PM EDT
[#16]
So I ordered a "match" sear spring (among some other parts) and installed it tonight. Honestly, I felt it only made a slight improvement. Converting over to 922(r) parts seemed to result in a more pronounced improvement.
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 7:53:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 2:36:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
So I ordered a "match" sear spring (among some other parts) and installed it tonight. Honestly, I felt it only made a slight improvement. Converting over to 922(r) parts seemed to result in a more pronounced improvement.
View Quote

That's kinda what I posted above. The sear spring is only half of the equation (well, 20-30%). The other part, beyond loading and angles of the contact points is the trigger spring. If it's heavy, the sear spring can't reduce the pull much.
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 9:37:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just dry firing? I think you'll be pleased when you shoot it. For me, swapping lower groups was a huge improvement in feel but made the trigger heavier. The lighter sear spring made it perfect.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 9:03:32 PM EDT
[#20]
With the "Match" sear spring, the end result is going to be determined by your staring point. Most of the factory HKs I've owned over the years have had trigger pulls in the neighborhood of 8 lbs. In every single one of those cases, the sear spring worked wonders and turned it from "When is this gonna fire" to "Ooh wow, much better."

If you are starting off with a trigger pull that is nowhere near that heavy, then you probably won't find the difference to be as dramatic. My personal opinion is that if you are looking for a Geiselle trigger pull from your roller locked gun, then you'll never be happy with it. I will go ahead and say that the same goes for the FAL.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 11:48:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 7:54:19 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Have you ever had the pleasure of shooting one of Denny Williams' trigger jobs?  When you do you might just change your opinion.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

My personal opinion is that if you are looking for a Geiselle trigger pull from your roller locked gun, then you'll never be happy with it. I will go ahead and say that the same goes for the FAL.
Have you ever had the pleasure of shooting one of Denny Williams' trigger jobs?  When you do you might just change your opinion.  

No, I have not, but given the recent expose of Bill Springfield's trigger jobs on both of the platforms mentioned, I don't recommend anything that isn't vetted through years of hard use. I can speak from that perspective on the sear spring. If someone has that sort of experience/data with Denny, then that's great, and we would all benefit from hearing about it.

Link Posted: 6/9/2016 8:26:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 9:56:41 AM EDT
[#24]
I put one of the "match"  sear springs in my new PTR-91 and it didn't make any difference at all to me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top