Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2016 2:53:32 PM EDT
I plan on SBR'ing it once i physically get it.  Ill be watching the A3 stock prices as well.  anywho, what else do I "need"?  I plan on running it suppressed more often than not, do i need to change out the locking piece?  if so what size do i need?  im also debating the wide (vented) forearm but thats just cosmetic.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 3:00:05 PM EDT
[#1]
When you put a stock on it, you'll have to comply with 922(r). Use a U.S. made A3 stock, forearm, cocking handle, hammer, sear, and then a sixth item of your choosing. For an SEF lower, swap the trigger or trigger box. For an ambi lower, swap mag floorplates or the bolt.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 3:11:18 PM EDT
[#2]
No on the locking piece. It'll run fine as is. Something you just have to do, is take someone shooting with you, and have them shoot it suppressed when you're 70-100 yards away. It's quiet at the gun, but even ten feet behind it's laughably quiet, and then ridiculously quiet when you get some distance away- like a cat sneeze
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 3:19:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When you put a stock on it, you'll have to comply with 922(r). Use a U.S. made A3 stock, forearm, cocking handle, hammer, sear, and then a sixth item of your choosing. For an SEF lower, swap the trigger or trigger box. For an ambi lower, swap mag floorplates or the bolt.
View Quote

good to know.  thxs.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 2:04:38 AM EDT
[#4]
I had to sand the paint off the 3 lug mount so my suppressor wound go on. Other than that I haven't had any hiccups with mine.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 2:45:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I had to sand the paint off the 3 lug mount so my suppressor wound go on. Other than that I haven't had any hiccups with mine.
View Quote

Also did that on mine. Used my wife's nail file, took no time at all.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 8:11:39 AM EDT
[#6]
A3 stocks look coolest but the B&T side folders are the most functional.  If you get sick of the A3 cheek weld I would recommend picking one up.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 3:34:43 PM EDT
[#7]
im leaving to go pick it up now from my FFL.  sucks cause i also have a 10 hour work day ahead of me :(   I am sure ill still enjoy the A3 stock but I also have the A2 fixed as a back up.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 4:57:10 PM EDT
[#8]
HK parts has a nice A3 stock US made, fits the MP5 style and the HK93 style as well, only 2 LOP options but you can't beat the price for the quality.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 6:40:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Bullets, lots of bullets
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 8:35:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
HK parts has a nice A3 stock US made, fits the MP5 style and the HK93 style as well, only 2 LOP options but you can't beat the price for the quality.
View Quote

Which stocks are those?
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 10:35:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Which stocks are those?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which stocks are those?

I'm assuming that it is this:
http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/MP5-F-A3-Universal-Retractable-Stock-ON-SALE-83p2621.htm
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 10:52:08 AM EDT
[#12]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which stocks are those?

http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/MP5-F-A3-Universal-Retractable-Stock-ON-SALE-83p2621.htm

Those are not US made though and don't count as a 922 part. Folks need to watch out for that if they are intending for their stock to be a compliance part.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 11:10:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Those are not US made though and don't count as a 922 part. Folks need to watch out for that if they are intending for their stock to be a compliance part.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which stocks are those?

Good point.  Doesn't look like they have any US made A3 stocks.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 11:19:02 AM EDT
[#14]
US Made A3 stocks do exist though. Black Market Parts / Baileyco made them a while back and they still turn up on the used market every now and then. The only one I have ever seen in person had fitment issues, looked like it was finished with barbecue paint and rattled like a coffee can full of pennies.

I was interested in seeing if another batch of those had come out and if they were of better quality this time around. The ATI F stocks are actually decent enough. They are not germanic elven forged, but for $130 you can't go wrong.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 12:57:56 PM EDT
[#15]
My bad, did 2 different HK SBR clones and got mixed up. Buy the A3 stock and spend the money you saved and get a US made trigger box from them, perfect fit.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 1:49:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Pretty much a rhetorical point, but why does SBRing it makes you the maker, but it doesn't change the fact that it was manufactured in Turkey?

Why wouldn't modifying a german hammer to grind off the FA sear catch equate to being US made since you did it here?

ATF has no idea what making and MFGing is.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 2:05:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Pretty much a rhetorical point, but why does SBRing it makes you the maker, but it doesn't change the fact that it was manufactured in Turkey?

Why wouldn't modifying a german hammer to grind off the FA sear catch equate to being US made since you did it here?

ATF has no idea what making and MFGing is.
View Quote

I got into this debate with a class II SOT a long time ago.

His position (one I share) was that something modified was not something made, and unless you were the one making the part from raw material or forging to finished part it was still considered to be an imported part. Otherwise all you would have to do is import a pile of parts and zip each piece with a dremel just enough to argue it was modified enough to be considered a new part. He did say that he knew of no one who had actually been prosecuted under a 922r violation (and that it was primarily a "tack on" charge they'd hit you with among a bunch of other stuff), but his opinion was the same as mine: nobody wants to be a test case, so better safe than sorry.
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 11:51:38 AM EDT
[#18]
I got the Michaels Machines US A2 stock.  It has a rubber back plate and is supposed to be quieter when shooting suppressed.  It also fit well, unlike the ATI A3 stocks, allot of people have to work on the pin holes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top