Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2016 7:07:11 AM EDT
Looking to pick up either a z43p during the sale to build a 33k, or a v53 pistol to build a 53.

For those that have experience with both, which one suppresses better? And does the 8.5-9" barrel on the 53 give up anything in the way of accuracy or 55gr bullet stabilization?

Obviously the zenith quality is going to be higher which is a partial driving force. I just wished the barrel was in the 10.5 range. That would be a great compromise.

Also does anyone with a z43p know if the trigger has that goofy "no tactile reset" going on like my z5p does?

I somehow get the feeling that the z43p usb going to make the better, more useful and accurate rifle with an optic and a Williams trigger job. I think the 53 may be more fun, however.

Eta - I have a v93 that is one of my favorite rifles, so I have plenty of 40 rd mags. No issues with mags.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 8:36:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a Z43P SBR and can say that the factory trigger box is more or less the exact same animal as your Z5P. The only difference is the caliber specific ejector arm and the hammer spring. The Z43P also has a slightly shorter barrel than a "real" HK33K due to the difference in the front sight base design (it uses a HK53 triple frame and not a HK33). The Z43P is more or less a HK93 with the barrel chopped back a couple inches to the sight base. When you are shooting it it does not feel like an SBR, it feels like an AR dissipator type rifle. A HK53 clone feels more like an MP5... small and SBR-ish. A lot more "handy" if that makes any sense.

Be aware that if you go this route and want a collapsing stock the HK33K / HK53 collapsing stocks are different than MP5 stocks and they are slightly harder to find, ergo they are more expensive. You can put a buffered MP5 stock on either but the rails won't be long enough and it will look a little wonky. And the Z43P SBR with a collapsing stock feels massively front-heavy, just like a HK93 with a collapsing stock.

I already own a raft full of MP5 clones so I have never seen the need for a HK53 clone yet, but I wanted a HK33K clone because it was "just different enough" from the MP5's to be worth it in my mind.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 9:39:45 AM EDT
[#2]
The thing is, it's a 1/7 twist gun. My v93 is a 1/12.

It's so new production contract. I didn't have the desire for a collapsible.

The non tactile reset is a little bothersome, but not a deal breaker. I want to send if off to Williams for the trigger.

I have a feeling it will be nicer, more practical and useful than my v93.

The 12" on a roller lock might be very nice
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 9:59:16 AM EDT
[#3]
The Z43P is a very good rifle once you SBR it and I'm glad I bought mine. I don't think you'd be disappointed in one... so long as you are not expecting it to be this little, compact SBR like an MP5.

Also the large charging handle it comes with is a godsend. Sooooo much easier to manipulate than the original HK handles.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 11:01:54 AM EDT
[#4]
How do they suppress?

My mp5 is the quietest of all my 9mm guns
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 11:08:40 AM EDT
[#5]
No idea. I do not own a 15x1 metric HK adapter for either of my rifle cans. I've been thinking of tracking down one of the YHM adapters so I can use my Phantom on my Z43P, but I can never seem to find one for sale.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 2:32:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a V53 factory SBR. I bought and installed the AAC 51T mount then read that it would void the warranty on my SDN6 due to barrel length, sorry can't answer the suppression question.

I bought it with an A2 stock and the A3 was like $400 from hkparts.net.

It does always get attention whenever I bring it out though. I had ghilliebear work on it two years ago and weld a rail on the top. Just need to add a RMR to complete it.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 7:14:28 AM EDT
[#7]
I still cant decide which I want. If any

C93 is cheap, but somehwat rougher finish, no paddle, and a gamble.
V53 is About 250 more, nicer quality probably, but still questionable as some came recently in 223 and not 556.

Still question the usefullness of an 8.5 .223

Then comes the z43p. I already have a v93 that's nice. Is it really worth 1400 plus the 200 to sbr one? Granted it's new, not a clone, and of even higher quality than my v93.

Wish they weren't so expensive. If I didn't have the v93 the decision would be easy.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 10:22:10 AM EDT
[#8]
I'd say if you already have a nice V93 then no you don't really need the Z43P SBR. You'd basically be trading for the same-ish rifle with a slightly shorter barrel. Yes there are other considerations like build quality, accouterments (push pin receiver, large charging handle, etc.), possibly a better finish, etc. but are those things really worth the money in your opinion? At the end of the day it would still be more or less a lateral move unless you are really obsessed with minutiae.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 12:27:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Thats the hangup.

Brings me full circle back to the 53 thought.  I really wonder how much more useful it is than a range toy.

I suppose the other choice is to get the zenith, and sell the vector, which ib might do. The zenith is an actual hk gun, on new parts. The vector might sell for say 900. So even then, is the upgrade worth 500 bucks......
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 12:46:00 PM EDT
[#10]
The MKE guns are built on HK tooling to HK specs, but to be technical they are not "true" HK guns. Hardcore HK snobs will still look down their noses at you. BUT as the owner of three MKE guns and a few real HK roller lock guns the general quality level is about equal. The HK's have some slightly better finishes and the German plastic parts are infinitely better IMO, but the MKE guns put the old domestic clones to shame. So if you have only ever owned Vectors or any of the numerous Special Weapons derivatives then the MKE guns are definitely a step up.

And this is just personal preference but super short 5.56 guns are a literal headache to shoot unsuppressed. I own a few >10" 5.56 SBRs and without cans hoooooo boy they are short trips to the range. For the size profile of the HK53 I'd rather use an MP5 clone with a good 9mm can, then save the 5.56 caliber for a longer barrel like the Z43P or your full size Vector. But that is just the road I took... to me the HK53 is more bark than bite, and that extra 4" of barrel, longer sight radius and more importantly the nice, solid full size 33 rifle handguard (I'm not a fan of the squishy MP5 tropical handguards) of the HK33K makes a big difference in my opinion. But the HK53 exists for a reason... it may not be a reason I agree with, but several people do. Which always brings us into the slippery slope of "useful". Everything is useful in the right circumstances, and everyone has a different opinion of usefulness.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 1:32:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Belive me I know.

My current lineup -
V93.
Fmp G3 on german / fmp kit
Bobcat BW5
Zenith z5p.

The z5p is easily the nicest gun. That and the bw5 are the most fun, with the v93 a VERY close 3rd. All run just fine.

Truthfully, I am wanting the 33k because I am afraid with the coming elections, possible scouts changes, etc that I may never get another chance, and if something goes wrong with my 93, it would be hard to replace.

I just get the feeling it's my last best chance at a easy form 1 33 sbr, thats not a clone. But you're right. If the v93 runs good, and I like it, why blow 1400.00 on a z43p.

And I totally agree on the 8.5 being a pain part. I love my 10.5 sbr. Shooting it in the 'box' bays at my range sucks though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top