Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2016 10:27:18 PM EDT
I picked up my new Z5P from Zenith about a week and a half ago.  

I got it out to the range and for the first 3 full mags or so had nothing but problems.  Every 3rd or 4th round the gun would either stove pipe or crush the brass while trying to strip the next round.  Ejection was occasionally weak.  I was shooting Freedom Munitions 124 grn. round nose.   Thought I got a lemon....and I want this to be solid before I form 1 it.

I had cleaned and lubed it prior to going to the range.

I was really disappointed until I kept going....next thing I know the gun is eating everything for the last 5 mags or so...including 115 grain....suppressed and unsuppressed.  Strong ejection.  I'm not sure what had to break-in as I had a few days of playing with it working the action to try and manually break things in.  Not sure what to make of the intial ejection problems, but I sure was having a lot of fun ringing steel with that gun!  Accurate as heck even pushing out with the sling.  I will try another range session before I call it good however.

Toward the end of my session, I decided to sight it in.  Now here is where I am looking for some advice.  When I picked it up from my dealer, I thought the front sight was straight with the receiver.  After having it a few days, and then after zeroing it....It began to appear "off" center.  It is currently zeroed and the rear sight is almost all of the way to the right.  I might have one more adjustment to the right and that's it.  When looking down the top of the receiver, the front sight and rear sight line up with the right edge of the top center "ridge"? the runs the length of the MP5.

I'm not sure what to do at this point.  My OCD is telling me to call Zenith, as I want this to be correct before I send in the form 1.  What I want to know is...is this normal and within the expected range of things on an MP5?  Everything else appears to be great on this gun....it just looks like the front sight needs to be moved over a tick and all should be good.

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 10:36:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyway to post photo looking down top of receiver towards front and rear sight? Have read many say the K version has a very stiff spring that takes some breaking in.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 10:55:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I took some pics.  Just need to get them off my phone.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 11:25:34 PM EDT
[#3]
pictures in OP
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 6:45:58 PM EDT
[#4]
NOW PICTURES WORK!
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 6:47:48 PM EDT
[#5]
What sling you using OP?

Id contact manufacture on your issue. But if its zeroed now with no issues I personally would just run the thing.

I have a K clone from atlantic and do not have the rear sight near pegged out. Its pretty close to the middle if I recall. Mine seems to be pretty dead nuts on from the factory, haven't made any adjustments
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 6:56:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Both of mine had some cant to the front sight. Z5p and Zrs. Mine are both getting this corrected and refinished/engraved by Investment Grade Firearms now that my form 1 are approved. I am kind of OCD so I wanted mine fixed. I could have called zenith but I already my forms pending and was going to get them engraved anyway. No functional complaints to speak of for mine though.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 8:15:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Both of mine had some cant to the front sight. Z5p and Zrs. Mine are both getting this corrected and refinished/engraved by Investment Grade Firearms now that my form 1 are approved. I am kind of OCD so I wanted mine fixed. I could have called zenith but I already my forms pending and was going to get them engraved anyway. No functional complaints to speak of for mine though.
View Quote

Chase: Sling was the one that came with the z5p.

AKDoc: How much cant did you have?  More or less than mine?  

What is that outfit charging to straighten and recoat one of the guns?

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:56:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Op I found this thread over at hkpro, someone had a problem just like yours and it was fixed free under warranty.

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-clone-talk/224539-something-might-wrong-my-zenith-mke-z-5rs-need-some-help-update-9-23-a.html
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 11:20:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Mine had similar cant. I let you know what the final price is but Im getting other work done so I haven't got a total yet.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 8:58:44 PM EDT
[#10]
OP, did you send this back to Zenith?
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 10:12:01 AM EDT
[#11]
I emailed them on Friday. Have yet to get the return label. I'll call today.

I go back and forth about how much of an issue this is. Sometimes it looks way off, other times not too bad. If I had to guess, the front sight is canted 1/8".

It does bother me though....enough that I want it right before I form 1 it into an SBR.  Hopefully it can be corrected. They told me the lead time is at about 30 days.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top