Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2016 3:35:12 AM EDT
I'm lurking on HKparts and RTG and see some offerings. Any other location for MP5 mags (non-Asian contract)? Tango.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 6:33:44 AM EDT
[#1]
For original; http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/MP5-MP5K-Magazine-Chrome-Follower-Used-Surplus-74p17358.htm
POF mags seem to be the best quality as far as price but for some reason they disappeared or overpriced when available.
I have Korean mags but I can't vouch for them as I have not used them yet.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 11:19:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought some used LEO mags from Gatewood Supply, they run well.  They still show as in stock at $60/ea on his website.

I also bought one of the US made 30rd mags from HKParts.net, it functions but is very tight in my BA9s mag well. It might just need some use. The factory HK mags go in very easy. For $50, I'd probably opt to buy either surplus or a new POF if they come back in stock rather than another one of those.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 11:30:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought a few of the latest gen Korean MP5 mags from HKParts.

Ran 400 rounds though them on Friday and they worked great.

For $24 a pop, they're worth every nickel.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 2:23:34 PM EDT
[#4]
If you go for the Korean, Centerfiresystems has them for $15 each, $45 for 3 and a 3mag pouch.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 3:02:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you go for the Korean, Centerfiresystems has them for $15 each, $45 for 3 and a 3mag pouch.
View Quote

I had a handful of these that ran fine with my SW5. I paid $14ish, pretty sure I bought them from from Botach.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 1:00:13 AM EDT
[#6]
I haven't tried any of the Asian mags but have had good luck with POF mags.   $48 at Atlantic Firearms but looks like they are OOS again.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 10:42:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I've used the Korean mags for several years, they work fine in my clones in semi and full auto.  The only thing I don't like about them is the finish is rough and rusts easily.  This doesn't affect their function it just means I have to oil them after use or else deal with surface rust.  The newest generation ones are supposed to have a better finish but I haven't tried them yet.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 10:57:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I've used the Korean mags for several years, they work fine in my clones in semi and full auto.  The only thing I don't like about them is the finish is rough and rusts easily.  This doesn't affect their function it just means I have to oil them after use or else deal with surface rust.  The newest generation ones are supposed to have a better finish but I haven't tried them yet.
View Quote

I have and they work great.

Much smoother finish, stainless followers, excellent reliability.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 11:41:33 PM EDT
[#9]
all the new imports and popularity of MP5s seems to have dried up the mag supply of original german mags.  Usually at SAR show I can usually cherry pick a couple nice ones for $50 or less.  But this year none were to be found cheap.

I have some of the older Korean mags, maybe 2nd gens, they work fine with 115grain but have occasional issues with 147gr flat tips.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:50:38 PM EDT
[#10]
I have one Korean mag, not sure which generation. Just bought it a week or so ago. It will only lock in with the bolt back, otherwise no complaints.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 3:40:44 PM EDT
[#11]
bought 6 korean mags at a yard sale for $30. glad i didn't spend and more than that.

apparently the ones i got are only useful for malfunction training.   im so glad i have a dozen HK mags sitting here.

i try to buy locally so i can avoid shipping
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 9:03:09 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I have one Korean mag, not sure which generation. Just bought it a week or so ago. It will only lock in with the bolt back, otherwise no complaints.
View Quote

Was it the latest gen Korean mags that HKParts sells?

I'm telling you guys, the old ones are shit.....the new gen that I bought recently are great.

Hundreds of rounds and zero issues.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 9:23:38 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I'm telling you guys, the old ones are shit.....the new gen that I bought recently are great.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah I just bought it from HKparts like a week or two ago. It functions fine, just wont seat with the bolt forward.

Are the centerfire systems mags, 3 for $45 the same mag? If so, I'll be getting some.

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 8:15:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Yeah I just bought it from HKparts like a week or two ago. It functions fine, just wont seat with the bolt forward.

Are the centerfire systems mags, 3 for $45 the same mag? If so, I'll be getting some.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't know the difference with the Korean mags, mine have a parkerized rough finish to them, not sure if that is newer or older, maybe someone else can chime in.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:39:46 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Don't know the difference with the Korean mags, mine have a parkerized rough finish to them, not sure if that is newer or older, maybe someone else can chime in.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The parked rough finish are the older gen Korean mags.

The new ones have a flat black finish with stainless steel followers.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 10:08:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Not sure if I got old stock or what? Just got 6 from Centerfire that are heavily parkerized. If these ARE the new and improved finish I would hate to see the old ones.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 2:04:52 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Not sure if I got old stock or what? Just got 6 from Centerfire that are heavily parkerized. If these ARE the new and improved finish I would hate to see the old ones.
View Quote

Not sure why your not looking at HKParts
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 1:19:04 AM EDT
[#18]
are the centerfire mags new or old Korean?
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 9:47:27 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

are the centerfire mags new or old Korean?
View Quote

Read the thread.

As has been stated the heavily parked Korean mags are the OLD gen.

The ones HKParts are selling are the NEW gen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top