Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2016 11:27:50 PM EDT
Are the zenith mp5 clones as dependable and reliable as an HK mp5?

Would you depend your life on it as your go to rifle (sbr of course)?  

Link Posted: 1/27/2016 12:57:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Shot several hundred rounds thru my z5p. No issues at all. MKE is a milspec mfg and they have troops using that weapon.  I would trust my life to it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 2:37:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Shot several hundred rounds thru my z5p. No issues at all. MKE is a milspec mfg and they have troops using that weapon.  I would trust my life to it.
View Quote

This. My MKE Z5-P cycles like a dream. Feeds great, launches brass with authority. It's run 100% regardless of lube.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 4:46:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

This. My MKE Z5-P cycles like a dream. Feeds great, launches brass with authority. It's run 100% regardless of lube.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Awesome, thanks for the replies.  Honestly I was expecting this feedback but I needed to ask for peace of mind.  I'm gonna sell some AR's and AK's and get 3 or more of the zenith, 1 of each probably.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 8:23:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 8:49:30 AM EDT
[#5]
1500-2000 rounds through my Z-5RS.

Not a single FTE/FTF. Using 115gr and 124 NATO.

Once it got F1ed and I added an A3-F stock, it's quickly become my favorite shooter.

Link Posted: 1/27/2016 8:59:21 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Once it got F1ed and I added an A3-F stock, it's quickly become my favorite shooter.

View Quote
My friend has 2 of them. The full size and the smaller one with the 3 lug.  They are very fun to shoot. That said, they are very ammo sensitive. Ball ammo was good to go, HP rounds were hit and miss.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 9:31:41 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

My friend has 2 of them. The full size and the smaller one with the 3 lug.  They are very fun to shoot. That said, they are very ammo sensitive. Ball ammo was good to go, HP rounds were hit and miss.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Never used HP rounds, but I plan on testing a few types.

And all Zenith/MKE 9mm guns have the 3 lug.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 9:34:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ran a couple hundred Hi-Shoks and Golden Sabers through it, not a hiccup.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 9:47:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-rifles/zenith-z-5k-pistol-detail.html?Itemid=0
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:32:43 AM EDT
[#10]
My mke K was sadly out of spec.. When i installed my stock it was like the back of the receiver gave a wide birth. This also caused the ejector lever to slam right and low.

Since it was a SBR with an approved stamp i did not wanna chance it going back and  getting a new gun.. So i took it to a loca hkl guy who was able to manipulate the fame and get it pretty close to spec.

At this point stock is tight, Ejector lever is dead center and runs high and it works like a champ..

That being said i bought 3 brethren arms mp5s to replace my MKE k and SW full size which are now just beat around range toys.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:35:57 AM EDT
[#11]
derp
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 12:52:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
My mke K was sadly out of spec.. When i installed my stock it was like the back of the receiver gave a wide birth. This also caused the ejector lever to slam right and low.

Since it was a SBR with an approved stamp i did not wanna chance it going back and  getting a new gun.. So i took it to a loca hkl guy who was able to manipulate the fame and get it pretty close to spec.

At this point stock is tight, Ejector lever is dead center and runs high and it works like a champ..

That being said i bought 3 brethren arms mp5s to replace my MKE k and SW full size which are now just beat around range toys.
View Quote

Which stock did you use? I am waiting for my form1 to come back on my mke K and plan to use the choate stock.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 1:31:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 1:45:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Im glad you got it working good now, is it a zenith mke import or ATI?
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 7:25:22 PM EDT
[#15]
I have both the Z5P and the Z43P.  Both of them I received from Atlantic.  Both of them have been FLAWLESS.  I am intending to pickup the Z41 as soon as it is available from Atlantic.  Hopefully soon.

SFC out.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 8:23:55 PM EDT
[#16]
As soon as I sell 3 rifles I have for sale, I'm gonna get 4 of these one of each and an extra z-5rs.  Can't wait
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 1:54:00 PM EDT
[#17]
It was a mke I got from Atlantic.
I am using the b&t stock
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 2:38:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Another 500 flawless rounds using Winchester 147 NATO today in my SBRed Z-5RS.

I also ran them exclusively through the new gen Korean MP5 mags HKParts is selling.

Nothing but "Boom, boom, boom" for 500 rounds. This gun puts a smile on my face like no other.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 11:16:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Timely thread, I just bought one today.

What mags do I want to buy?

From where?

The only places I have found are Atlantic Firearms (back ordered, on Email notification list) and HKparts.com
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 11:42:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

From where?

The only places I have found are Atlantic Firearms (back ordered, on Email notification list) and HKparts.com
View Quote

I bought a few of the surplus from HK parts and a few of th cheap Korean mags from Centerfire.  I've had excellent luck with the $15 Centerfire mags.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 3:32:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

From where?

View Quote

The three MKE mags that come with it are good to go. Unfortunately you can't buy more of them anywhere. I bought 5 brand new HK mags from HKParts. Expensive, but flawless. I'm thinking about buying a pile of Korean mags and hoping for the best. You can always buy old surplus HK mags - they won't look good, but they should work great.

There's mags at every price point, from the cost of Glock mags to the cost of a very nice bottle of bourbon.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 10:21:42 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Another 500 flawless rounds using Winchester 147 NATO today in my SBRed Z-5RS.

I also ran them exclusively through the new gen Korean MP5 mags HKParts is selling.

Nothing but "Boom, boom, boom" for 500 rounds. This gun puts a smile on my face like no other.

View Quote

As mentioned above, the mags are available, they aren't expensive....and they work.

Link Posted: 2/4/2016 8:28:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Back inside of my b&t has a divot I guess to locate the recoil rod. Any issue putting one of the b&t side folders on a Z5rs? My current US made SBR'd clone required the builder make me a longer recoil rod because the original was going into the stock divot and not giving enough pressure on the bolt (according to him it was reason the clone wouldn't run)

Also, any issue with the US version of the A2? Will they fit on a Z5rs just as well as the German A2?
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 11:01:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Back inside of my b&t has a divot I guess to locate the recoil rod. Any issue putting one of the b&t side folders on a Z5rs? My current US made SBR'd clone required the builder make me a longer recoil rod because the original was going into the stock divot and not giving enough pressure on the bolt (according to him it was reason the clone wouldn't run)

Also, any issue with the US version of the A2? Will they fit on a Z5rs just as well as the German A2?
View Quote

Regarding the B&T stock, there's a different adapter for the K vs. the full size.

I only have a K, so I've never used the U.S. A2 stock, but a ton of guys on HKPro do without issue.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 12:46:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Regarding the B&T stock, there's a different adapter for the K vs. the full size.

I only have a K, so I've never used the U.S. A2 stock, but a ton of guys on HKPro do without issue.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks. My current is a reverse stretch so I currently stick with a German A3 but still have the B&T.  Glad to know the US A2 is gtg
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 10:29:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Two questions for those that have gotten a new one so far this year:

Is the 3lug timed at 12 o'clock? (I know it's an asthetic thing)

How much play in the mag well?
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 8:54:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Two questions for those that have gotten a new one so far this year:

Is the 3lug timed at 12 o'clock? (I know it's an asthetic thing)

How much play in the mag well?
View Quote

My Z-5P is timed at 12, my Z-5RS is not. My Octane with three lug mount locks up tight on both. Mag well seems good to me, but then I am used to AK's
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 10:13:51 AM EDT
[#28]
I know pretty much jack about Mp5s - specifically, the Zenith Z5RS - I just know I want one badly.

Can you swap lowers on these guys? Say you want a lower with a different grip - is it as simple as just swapping out the lower for another?
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 11:32:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I know pretty much jack about Mp5s - specifically, the Zenith Z5RS - I just know I want one badly.

Can you swap lowers on these guys? Say you want a lower with a different grip - is it as simple as just swapping out the lower for another?
View Quote

Some have said they have had to do a little filling to get them to work but yes many have swapped to other style lowers or put on ambi lowers with a ambi trigger pack
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 11:49:49 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Some have said they have had to do a little filling to get them to work but yes many have swapped to other style lowers or put on ambi lowers with a ambi trigger pack
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Gotcha - thanks.

I guess the reason I'm asking is because I was thinking that whenever I save up the money for one, I'd love to get the Zenith Z5RS and swap some parts to make it look more authentic.

Doesn't have to be 100% a clone, but at the very least I was hoping to swap the lower on the Zenith for this (from HKparts.com):

Link Posted: 2/13/2016 7:32:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Gotcha - thanks.

I guess the reason I'm asking is because I was thinking that whenever I save up the money for one, I'd love to get the Zenith Z5RS and swap some parts to make it look more authentic.

Doesn't have to be 100% a clone, but at the very least I was hoping to swap the lower on the Zenith for this (from HKparts.com):

http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/catalog/mp5navycp3pos_819_detail.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gotcha - thanks.

To do the ambi pictogram pack like you pictured you'll have to buy a whole new trigger pack.  HK parts has a nice US made one with the ambi pictogram housing for around $300-350 or so.  I bought one and put in on my Z-5RS and have been really happy with it.

The older style SEF packs that come with the MKE guns aren't interchangeable with the new ambi style.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 9:33:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

To do the ambi pictogram pack like you pictured you'll have to buy a whole new trigger pack.  HK parts has a nice US made one with the ambi pictogram housing for around $300-350 or so.  I bought one and put in on my Z-5RS and have been really happy with it.

The older style SEF packs that come with the MKE guns aren't interchangeable with the new ambi style.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gotcha - thanks.

This is what you're looking for.

It's German made, not U.S. Just the selector levers are U.S., the housing and trigger pack are German. But yes, you'll have to swap the entire lower (trigger group), not just the shell (trigger housing). $390 is cheap as far as I'm concerned, I did the same thing on my Z5-P and I'm really happy I did.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 5:20:42 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

It's German made, not U.S. Just the selector levers are U.S., the housing and trigger pack are German. But yes, you'll have to swap the entire lower (trigger group), not just the shell (trigger housing). $390 is cheap as far as I'm concerned, I did the same thing on my Z5-P and I'm really happy I did.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gotcha - thanks.

That doesn't help if you're trying to be 922r compliant.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 10:10:39 AM EDT
[#34]
Not super hard to get 922r depending on the model..

Usual 6 parts for me are the following

Hammer
Trigger
sear
Trigger box
Cocking handle
handguard

Then depending on which way you go you can use the following
Lower
stock

The MKE use a strutted hammer that's perm attached for a lack of a better word this early in the morning so when you buy the replacement hammer get another strut.
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 8:45:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gotcha - thanks.

I never said it did? Not sure how 922r compliance came up, but my Z5-P is 922r compliant and I used that trigger group. The gun is just as 922r compliant with that trigger group as it is when it leaves the factory...
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 11:37:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Not the best pic but here's my F1ed MK18 next to the F1ed Z-5RS.

Both have been 100% reliable, fantastic shooters.

Link Posted: 2/20/2016 3:04:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s107/5POINT56/MP5_MK18_zpsjo2y3yod.jpg  
View Quote

Which stock is that on the z5rs?  I know its an A3 but there seems to be different manufacturers, and do you prefer it over a side folder?
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 9:08:39 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Which stock is that on the z5rs?  I know its an A3 but there seems to be different manufacturers, and do you prefer it over a side folder?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's the ATI A3-F (F standing for a contract spec run for a French defense forces). Slightly improves check weld.

http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/MP5-F-A3-Universal-Retractable-Stock-ON-SALE-83p2621.htm

This stock is built like a tank. Absolutely no regrets.

Installation is snug, as it should be. I actually had to dremel the left pin hole to get the rear pin all the way through. I increased the hole maybe 1/4" at about the 10 o'clock position. Pin goes in and the stock is rock solid.

To me the MP5 was build for this sort of stock, thus the channels running along the sides to accommodate the arms of the stock when collapsed. Folders are nice, especially on K and N series guns. I just shoot this thing great. Many people will insist an A2 is the only way to go. I wholeheartedly disagree.
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 5:47:06 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

It's the ATI A3-F (F standing for a contract spec run for a French defense forces). Slightly improves check weld.

http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/MP5-F-A3-Universal-Retractable-Stock-ON-SALE-83p2621.htm

Installation is snug, as it should be. I actually had to dremel the left pin hole to get the rear pin all the way through. I increased the hole maybe 1/4" at about the 10 o'clock position. Pin goes in and the stock is rock solid.

To me the MP5 was build for this sort of stock, thus the channels running along the sides to accommodate the arms of the stock when collapsed. Folders are nice, especially on K and N series guns. I just shoot this thing great. Many people will insist an A2 is the only way to go. I wholeheartedly disagree.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The MP5 with collapsible stock to me is the MP5.

And dammit - that pic you posted has just about pushed my want for this thing over the edge.

One thing is for sure - I need to pick one up before the election - I'm not paying 3 grande for this shit because of the impending panic.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top