Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2016 10:54:45 PM EDT
I thought I'd see something now.  Yes, I'm very impatient.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 11:02:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I just saw a post in the NFA weapons group on Facebook that Zenith is bringing a factory made SD here next year for around $2500
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 5:44:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just saw a post in the NFA weapons group on Facebook that Zenith is bringing a factory made SD here next year for around $2500
View Quote

WTF???????
Where???? Do you have a link?
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 6:13:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Somebody posted a picture of it on the NFA Facebook group.  I messaged  Zenith directly through their Facebook page and they confirmed it. They didn't mention pricing or a release date but the person that visited there booth at shot said something about a ballpark $2500 retail and a ballpark release of summer.   I'm guessing the suppressor will have to be manufactured here at their USA location and the actual gun will be made like all of their others by MKE.

*** If anyone read this post previously, I apologize for the errors. I was  using voice text to type it out and obviously my iPhone screwed it up a bit
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 9:20:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

If this is true.....that's excellent news.
The SD is my favorite HK
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 9:40:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 10:02:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s149.photobucket.com/user/abwrestling33/media/278340D0-D2AB-4288-965E-86EE900F3698_zpswib7dcpp.png.html" target="_blank">http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s46/abwrestling33/278340D0-D2AB-4288-965E-86EE900F3698_zpswib7dcpp.png</a>
View Quote

OOOOOOOHHHHH
PREPARE THY WALLETS!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 9:16:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Take my money now!
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 12:57:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I am sooo in!
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 1:50:06 PM EDT
[#9]
The SD is a gun I don't really understand in today's market. It seems to have a few disadvantages compared to using a 3-lug silencer. It can't be moved to different hosts, and I've read that it's a pain to clean.

With that said, is there an advantage to the SD I'm not considering? Because I want one and I don't know why.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 2:13:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Zenith itself posted a response over on the thread on the HKpro forum.  Here it is:

"Good morning my friends! What I was answering much earlier with my affirmative response was that we are trying to bring in the SD! Realize the operative word there would be trying. Those familiar with importing will agree that nothing is certain! Even when you have the form six in your hands, it's not 100%. We don't look to take over any market and desire to share it with all the other quality manufacturers, but we could not pass up the opportunity to bring in these real deal, mill spec roller locks."
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 6:32:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Matches what saw and was told at booth.  Can is original type; I took it apart.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 9:18:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Nice and tag.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 11:07:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Being poor sucks.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 9:00:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Based on the thread on another forum, it appears that Zenith is actually working on bringing in a HK 21E.   Supposedly they have one to send to the ATF for approval but it may take a while before they get approval and get it here.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 9:31:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Based on the thread on another forum, it appears that Zenith is actually working on bringing in a HK 21E.   Supposedly they have one to send to the ATF for approval but it may take a while before they get approval and get it here.
View Quote

Thats what Jim (James) told me, we actually talked for probably 20 minutes about stuff. Maybe hes the one answering the facebook message because when I told him I have a real mp5 (post sample) he said its the same thing. Showed me pictures of the guns they make mark mp5k and the tools marked with HK.

0/1/3/f lowers, 0/1/25 lowers and all sorts of stuff. Will be nice if the guns come with burst/ambi housings. Also mags, spare internal parts etc, just waiting on a form 6.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 12:10:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

So now I have on my buy list:

-  Z41
-  Z43
-  H&M STG44

Now a HK21E?  

Is this what they mean when they say too much of a good thing?....

Link Posted: 1/25/2016 11:10:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

With that said, is there an advantage to the SD I'm not considering? Because I want one and I don't know why.
View Quote

Yeah, there is:  They are quiet.  Really quiet.  Out of a longer barrel, a lot of ammo tends to go supersonic.  Supersonic = noise.

..and an FYI to Zenith:  Your guns are clones.  They are not made by HK... We don't love you any less because of it, but until you put a great big 'Hk' on the side, and don't get sued, they are clones.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 11:42:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The SD is a gun I don't really understand in today's market. It seems to have a few disadvantages compared to using a 3-lug silencer. It can't be moved to different hosts, and I've read that it's a pain to clean.

View Quote

Um. Because, MP5-SD.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 9:05:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yeah, there is:  They are quiet.  Really quiet.  Out of a longer barrel, a lot of ammo tends to go supersonic.  Supersonic = noise.

..and an FYI to Zenith:  Your guns are clones.  They are not made by HK... We don't love you any less because of it, but until you put a great big 'Hk' on the side, and don't get sued, they are clones.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So the Zenith SDs would bleed off speed to make all ammo subsonic like the originals? Because that's pretty cool. I still don't have the money for it, but it's cool.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 11:00:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Any info on 5.56 rifles?
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 4:59:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Any info on 5.56 rifles?
View Quote

I asked about a 53 copy and he said they were working on it and would be the z43k.
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 8:06:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Wonderful news.
Did you ask about ETA?

Quoted:

I asked about a 53 copy and he said they were working on it and would be the z43k.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any info on 5.56 rifles?

Link Posted: 1/28/2016 3:21:53 AM EDT
[#23]
I just need to accept that the kids will not be having dad help them with college at this rate
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 11:59:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I just need to accept that the kids will not be having dad help them with college at this rate
View Quote

Ha!  Yea, no kidding.  The MP5SD thing might have to happen.  I've got a Z-5RS that just cleared efile and I love it!  Picked up an AA89K last year that I also efiled.  Now with an SD I might actually be happy.....
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 3:17:55 AM EDT
[#25]
MP5SD (by MKE) is available since many years for european shooter, exemple for France :  http://www.armurerie-auxerre.com/le-tir-sportif/armes-de-tir/armes-de-categorie-b/pistolet-mitrailleur-mke-model-t94-sd-cal-9x19-mm.html

Next gun on my whish list !
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 1:39:37 PM EDT
[#26]
looks like all my new firearms for a while are going to MKEs.  A 21E and SD would be amazing!!!
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 11:48:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Im just going to have to get a second job
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 2:36:08 AM EDT
[#28]
After shooting a full auto SD at battlefield vegas last weekend, I want an SD now.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 11:57:36 AM EDT
[#29]
21E would be a game changer. Wonder what the pricing would be (million $$ question, right)
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 4:56:44 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View Quote

The SD is sex in metal form.

Link Posted: 2/1/2016 7:40:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I need it.

Ugh, I started with the K-PDW, and I know I'm going to end up with the SD and probably even a damn full-size before it's all said and done.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 7:55:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Being poor sucks.
View Quote

This.  I think it's time I start selling plasma.   I need a MP5,  HK53 and a HK21.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 9:44:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

This.  I think it's time I start selling plasma.   I need a MP5,  HK53 and a HK21.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Being poor sucks.

Yep.  Operation Ramen has begun.  SD first then 21...  

I emailed Zenith yesterday and they replied today that there will be an announcement regarding the SD within 30 to 60 days.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 11:03:59 PM EDT
[#34]
My MP5SD clone is my favorite gun I own.  The CA clone suppressor is huge and weighs a ton since it's stainless steel but makes it quiet, very easy to shoot in full auto and the gun is reliable.  I do try to clean it every ~500 rounds though as the carbon build up gets to be pretty bad, but if I'm lazy I will just spray a bunch of lube into it instead.  Also I recommend a fixed stock for shooting, but the retractable looks cooler.

As for practicality, a suppressed MP5 or MP5K clone with subsonic 147gr rounds will have better ballistics.  However if I just want to shoot some cheap blaster 115gr ammo I can do it comfortably since the gas bleed off makes it subsonic.  My suppressed K with supersonic rounds isn't as comfortable to shoot in full auto without hearing protection.

I'm interested to read about the performance and specs of the Zenith SD can.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 3:20:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
My MP5SD clone is my favorite gun I own.  The CA clone suppressor is huge and weighs a ton since it's stainless steel but makes it quiet, very easy to shoot in full auto and the gun is reliable.  I do try to clean it every ~500 rounds though as the carbon build up gets to be pretty bad, but if I'm lazy I will just spray a bunch of lube into it instead.  Also I recommend a fixed stock for shooting, but the retractable looks cooler.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b61/MasterToan/DSC_0650-1.jpg

As for practicality, a suppressed MP5 or MP5K clone with subsonic 147gr rounds will have better ballistics.  However if I just want to shoot some cheap blaster 115gr ammo I can do it comfortably since the gas bleed off makes it subsonic.  My suppressed K with supersonic rounds isn't as comfortable to shoot in full auto without hearing protection.

View Quote

I did not realize suppressors could be imported for the civilian market.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 6:52:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b61/MasterToan/DSC_0650-1.jpg

They can't.  That's why Zenith is going to be making the supressors in their shop here in the USA or contracting out the manufacture to a USA based shop
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 11:28:33 PM EDT
[#37]
I am expecting a $2500 gun if they do get them in. if I could get the forearm I would just make my own from a mp5 kit.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:49:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 4:16:29 AM EDT
[#39]
Yes this is true.. Talked to them at SHOt and it will be coming.
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 1:58:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Yes this is true.. Talked to them at SHOt and it will be coming.
View Quote

DANG~~~~~~~~~~~~ do you know ETA on this?????????
Link Posted: 2/14/2016 4:07:24 PM EDT
[#41]
The only thing stopping me from buying one (when available) is that I'd want to wait a while until they've been out in the wild and thoroughly used and abused to ensure they're reliable.

Especially for the pice they'll likely charge.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 7:09:10 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Cheap, off-the-shelf 115gr is still super quiet and it's another iconic iteration of most popular smg ever made.
Link Posted: 2/17/2016 8:02:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Cheap, off-the-shelf 115gr is still super quiet and it's another iconic iteration of most popular smg ever made.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, and because I can.  Can't wait for this to come out.  
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 10:58:19 PM EDT
[#44]
I don't consider Zenith/MKE to be clones because they are manufactured under contract/license on equipment & tooling furnished by HK.

And with the quality of the DRLBS guns available today, the term isn't even pejorative anymore.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top