Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2015 9:31:28 PM EDT
Hi all I picked up a PTR91 FR from Atlantic the other day the rifle is great however I need help to make it great for me...the first thing I have small hands I have to really break my grip and almost come off the gun with my shooting hand, what extended safety selector do I need?

The trigger is Heavy with a capitol H in comparison it makes my Travor stock trigger feel like a Geissel SD3G trigger...Whats my best choice for a everday day light trigger fast and smooth and would be a good DMR type trigger at longer ranges? I have seen a couple Companies Bill Springfield and Williams Triggers what trigger do I want? I am also looking at the paddle mag release again which one do i want?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:11:38 AM EDT
[#1]
robertrtg.com has extended safeties for the polymer lower. They make a big difference. I used Bill Springfield for a trigger job on my PTR, another big difference. I have no experience with the Williams trigger so I can't comment. Bill Springfield and Investment Grade Firearms both do the paddle mag release (which is a must, IMO).
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 2:14:12 PM EDT
[#2]
PCS makes the selector levers sold by robertrtg.com. Make sure and get the correct one for your lower housing as thee is one for metal lowers and one for poly her lowers. I have one and love it!!
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:06:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Williams triggers are good to go and right now he seems to have faster turn around time lower price. Also you don't have to get the set trigger you can just get the standard which will be around 6-7lbs. Another option is you can buy a lower from hk parts that already has a trigger job but it will hit your pocket book hard.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:07:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Also, one of my favorite upgrades is the heavy recoil buffer by PCS. If you can find one (which shouldn't be too hard) I highly recommend it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top