Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2015 1:40:56 AM EDT
Hey all, I recently picked up a P2000 V2 in 9mm and have fired about 1,300 rounds down range and have fallen in love with the weapon. So much, that I replaced my Glock 19 as my daily CCW

Unfortunately today while practicing some live fire reload drills, my slide did not lock back. At first I though I hit it with my thumb but then a small piece of metal fell out of the magazine well. After inspecting the firearm, I noticed part of the slide stop had broken off.

I have contacted HK and have yet to hear their response. I will update this thread as soon as HK responds and I will continue to do so until it is completely resolved.

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 2:47:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Cast/MIM part.
For what they sell there guns for, I'd expect better quality parts, ie.: forged parts. I hope they replace it no questions asked. Good luck.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 5:07:26 AM EDT
[#2]
This was a previously used weapon before you acquired it ?
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 5:17:25 AM EDT
[#3]
You'd really think they'd not use cast/MIM, but that's the way of the world I guess. All the manufacturers will swear up and down that cast is just as good, but the truth is that it's a cheaper way to make a gun and that's why they use it.

Years ago I had a USPc .45, and the firing pin snapped in half during live fire and fell out the back of the slide. Only a few hundred rounds fired.

Shit breaks. Nothing is immune. The best you can hope for now is that HK won't take months to deliver your replacement part that you will have had to pay for.

This does make me feel better about my cast/MIM free 1911 build I'm working on.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 12:19:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Personally would chalk it up to shit breaks and buy a new one. $39 at hkparts. Frame/ slide issues id worry about warranty, small parts = i'm not waiting on HK customer service which has shown to be lacking lately.

http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/Slide-Release-Lever-With-Axle-HK45-HK45C-P2000-p1956.htm
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 1:36:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This was a previously used weapon before you acquired it ?
View Quote

Brand new from dealer
Link Posted: 5/26/2015 1:38:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Personally would chalk it up to shit breaks and buy a new one. $39 at hkparts. Frame/ slide issues id worry about warranty, small parts = i'm not waiting on HK customer service which has shown to be lacking lately.

http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/Slide-Release-Lever-With-Axle-HK45-HK45C-P2000-p1956.htm
View Quote

Part order, thank you! I tried calling HK this morning and couldn't get through... I compared the slide lock to my buddy's in his HK45ct and there was definitely a design change.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 6:06:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Got my part in and put 500 rounds down range. Everything is good to go!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top