Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2015 11:43:30 PM EDT
Is the B&T Low Profile, Short Version HK rail long enough to mount an Aimpoint Comp M2?  Or should I get the mid length rail?

Specifically, this rail: http://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/B-T-G3-LOW-PROFILE-SCOPE-MOUNT-SHORT-VERSION-27p3251.htm
With this Aimpoint: http://www.scopeworx.com/v/vspfiles/photos/AIM-12243-2.jpg

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 1:14:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, those mounts only need one slot.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 7:21:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes, those mounts only need one slot.
View Quote

One slot, yes.  My concern is that the AP isn't too long since the rail sits directly in front of the rear sight.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 9:20:30 AM EDT
[#3]
NVM, thought you meant the older mount...

It looks like it might work in the front position, I'd ask robert.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 1:42:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Is the B&T Low Profile, Short Version HK rail long enough to mount an Aimpoint Comp M2?  Or should I get the mid length rail?

Specifically, this rail: http://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/B-T-G3-LOW-PROFILE-SCOPE-MOUNT-SHORT-VERSION-27p3251.htm

Thanks!
View Quote

Your sight picture will be pretty high with that optic rail. I suggest the B&T 10266 for optimal cheek weld. You will also need the low ring mount for the Comp M2. Even the base mount, without riser, will be too high for a good cheek weld.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 4:46:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Your sight picture will be pretty high with that optic rail. I suggest the B&T 10266 for optimal cheek weld. You will also need the low ring mount for the Comp M2. Even the base mount, without riser, will be too high for a good cheek weld.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

Yeah the BT 10266 is what most folks use an it works well
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 10:35:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yeah the BT 10266 is what most folks use an it works well
View Quote

This.  The B&T 10266 works great with the Aimpoint Comp series.  It also maintains the ability to use the iron sights if you want.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 5:52:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Ah.

I'm talking about this ,

Not a 94/MP5.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 1:20:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Doesn't matter if you're talking about the G3 and we're talking about the MP5; the stock comb and receivers are the same.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 1:43:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Doesn't matter if you're talking about the G3 and we're talking about the MP5; the stock comb and receivers are the same.
View Quote

The scope mounts don't mount in the same places, so it kinda does matter.

My original question is would the B&T low profile short rail allow clearance for an Aimpoint Comp M2.  Considering the lugs for attaching a scope mount on the G3/PTR91 are directly in front of the rear sight and the lugs for attaching a scope mount on an MP5/HK94 are situated over the ejection port, it makes a difference.
If I was putting an Aimpoint on this

I wouldn't worry about rear sight clearance, because there's not an issue since the lugs are well forward of the rear sight.

Now this, being the rifle on which I'd like to put an Aimpoint, the mount in question would sit directly in front of and lock into the notch in front of the rear sight base

Hence, my original question of would using the B&T low profile short provide rear sight clearance for an Aimpoint Comp M2 remains.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 2:01:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Shit, you're right. I was on another line of thought there. Sorry.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 4:17:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Got an email reply from RTG.  They say an AP on a low ring will clear the rear sight using this mount on a PTR91.

I'm ordering it and I'll post some pics when it gets here in case someone else has questions.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 8:02:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Here is it, B&T low profile short rail for the HK/PTR91.  I also picked up a POF brass deflector from RTG when I ordered the B&T rail.

Left side with Aimpoint low mount ring and thumb screw.

Right side (yeah, it's an older Aimpoint)

Right rear 'ledge'.  Had to slide these into place because you can't attach them until the mount is on the rifle.

Left rear 'ledge'.  There are four of these, 2 front, 2 rear.  Had to take the brass deflector off to put in the front right one.

The allen screws came with blue loctite on the threads, so I didn't have to worry about that.  Was kind of confused when no instructions came with the mount, but after a bit of fiddling around and a lot of googling, I managed to figure it out.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 12:43:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Good to see you got the right setup! The instructions were not good! I too had some trouble getting the mount on my POF MP5.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 7:43:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Good to see you got the right setup! The instructions were not good! I too had some trouble getting the mount on my POF MP5.
View Quote

The sights will clear the mount when the AP is removed.  And it's got an interesting co-witness.  The dot sits in the middle top of the front sight hood.  Heh.  I should have taken a picture of that.

ETA: and as odds would have it, this mount combination would be incompatible with this rear sight drum
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 8:02:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Looks good.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 8:32:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Does it cowitness?
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 8:59:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Does it cowitness?
View Quote

Not hardly.  The sights clear the mount when the AP is removed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top