Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2014 5:00:49 PM EDT
Worth picking up for $250?  Any complaints/concerns?
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 5:14:01 PM EDT
[#1]
A buddy of mine has one.  It's fun to shoot, but no more so than a 10/22, IMO.  It seems to me one would be worth $250 if it's something you'd enjoy.  They feel solid, and seem to be made well.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 5:48:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm happy with my Walther made MP5, cheap and fun to shoot. Have my approved form 1 back, just waiting for my barrel to come back from TROSUSA. It should be fun with a 9" barrel and real suppressor.

edit: Barrel came back.. sbr with a real suppressor ftw
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:02:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Get the Walther H&K

Link Posted: 12/23/2014 4:00:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I did some research before buying one for my daughter.  The Walther/Umarex reviews were much more positive than the GSG.  Also, the ability to swap various furniture parts (Handguards, rails, lights) made for the real MP-5 was a big plus.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 7:07:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Anything is better than a GSG.
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 9:08:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anything is better than a GSG.
View Quote

The Original pre lawsuit GSG5 is a better rifle than the thin barrel weird front ended Walther any day.  The only people who think the original GSG5 is not a great rifle have never had one and put thousands of problem free rounds through it like everyone who has one does.
The newer GSG522 with plastic receivers are a completely different rifle. For $250 I would get a Walther because you can not find a GSG5 for that price anyway and the Walthers are not bad rifles either.
Link Posted: 12/27/2014 2:19:24 PM EDT
[#7]
My only suggestion is to buy the full length, non collapsible stock from Walther.  Makes the gun rock solid.

Mine eats EVERYTHING I put into it. ( ate )

There is a kid on youtube who has a good video of how to break one down to clean it.  They don't "come apart" like a normal gun you might be used to.  As usual for the Germans

they are a bit ridiculously over engineered.  That being said....they are super reliable, very acceptably accurate and bloody fun!!!  Mine has a great trigger pull....

Or...it used to until my dad stole it!!!   I hear it's still fantastic...but how would I know???

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 8:08:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Great well made .22, I got the soild stock just as a matter of preference, cheap to shoot and lots of fun
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 8:20:11 PM EDT
[#9]
love mine. I have the SD6 version.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top