Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2014 10:00:08 AM EDT
And I dig it so much, I'm really begging to wonder what I'm going to do with my Glock 17 and S&W M&P 9?

If you haven't held or shot the VP9, take my word that HK seems to have fixed all the other little issues with the aforementioned guns. Ergonomics, accuracy, etc.

Please help. Need suggestions.

In before Glocks explode.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:54:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Correct me if I'm wrong but the VP9's I tried in the past had horrible triggers.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 1:01:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Correct me if I'm wrong but the VP9's I tried in the past had horrible triggers.
View Quote

How many VP9s have you tried? They just came out this summer. Everyone seems to love the trigger.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 1:09:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I love mine.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 2:15:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

How many VP9s have you tried? They just came out this summer. Everyone seems to love the trigger.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds about right.  While I've seen many rave that it's PPQ-like, others found it to be meh, okay or pretty good.

Like most guns, gun-build QC + shooters' subjective expectations = varying opinions.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 3:33:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View Quote
I'm not going to say you are wrong, I personally love this trigger very much.

Granted, I have not put as many rounds through it so I am having to learn to shoot a new gun, but I don't find the learning curve very steep at all.

Eta. Been CC'ing my VP 9 all day today and I find it to be as easy to carry as my G19.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 3:36:18 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Sounds about right.  While I've seen many rave that it's PPQ-like, others found it to be meh, okay or pretty good.

Like most guns, gun-build QC + shooters' subjective expectations = varying opinions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Let's be honest. Glocks, M&P's and other striker fired guns' triggers are always leaving something to be desired. I have just gotten used to them and make them work for me.

Gonna have to compare it to the PPQ. Next time I'm at my LGS.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 4:03:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Let's be honest. Glocks, M&P's and other striker fired guns' triggers are always leaving something to be desired.
I have just gotten used to them and make them work for me.

Gonna have to compare it to the PPQ. Next time I'm at my LGS.
View Quote

Exactly that, it's always about context.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 8:50:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Dammit I was thinking of the VP70! HK hasn't used the VP designation for some time.

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 11:06:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Dammit I was thinking of the VP70! HK hasn't used the VP designation for some time.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Honest mistake. Go try a VP 9 and get back to us.

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 11:33:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Will i like it better than my P7 or P30 though?
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 12:13:35 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote
Can't say on the P30, don't own one and haven't shot one. I was lusting for one this year, but the VP9 came out. As for the P7, I would say no. I used to love shooting my P7m8, just didn't like the clean up afterwards.

If you familiar with Glocks and like the triggers, I would say you will like it. The ergonomics on that gun are amazing. It fits my hand better than my Glocks, and S&W.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 11:09:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I would say heck yes! Off the top of my head vs P30: better trigger, lower slide height, higher cut grip, better grip texturing, better slide to grip ratio, charging assist, slightly higher magazine release, lighter weight, cheaper price - honestly it's just a better gun all the way around. Hopefully when the VP45C comes out I can sell my HK45CT and get two with the money

Quoted:
Eta. Been CC'ing my VP 9 all day today and I find it to be as easy to carry as my G19.

I wouldn't agree with that. VP9 is definitely a bigger gun than a G19. Personally I conceal a G19 much better but I can still conceal the VP9 appendix pretty well. Glock 19 is definitely a bit more comfortable with the shorter slide. I may be talking to the incredible hulk though
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 1:23:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

I carried a P7M13 on duty for 7 years.  VP9 I shot two weeks ago blows the P7 I had away. Trigger was just as good and no square P7 grip.
As for the P30, the grip seems exactly the same to me which is great by the way.  I've only shot the LEM and the VP9 is much better than the LEM HK.  David
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 11:42:14 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I would say heck yes! Off the top of my head vs P30: better trigger, lower slide height, higher cut grip, better grip texturing, better slide to grip ratio, charging assist, slightly higher magazine release, lighter weight, cheaper price - honestly it's just a better gun all the way around. Hopefully when the VP45C comes out I can sell my HK45CT and get two with the money
I wouldn't agree with that. VP9 is definitely a bigger gun than a G19. Personally I conceal a G19 much better but I can still conceal the VP9 appendix pretty well. Glock 19 is definitely a bit more comfortable with the shorter slide. I may be talking to the incredible hulk though
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Let me restate that thought. It is as comfortable as my G19 for me to carry. I didn't say anything about the size. It is a little bigger, but I can conceal it well and it weighs about the same. I don't care if I print and NM CCW laws say nothing about printing.

I can't do appendix carry, "I have what doctors call a little bit of a weight problem" That was from Tommy Boy.

He'll I can't do IWB carry. Sometimes I barely fit in my jeans.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top