Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2014 10:59:55 AM EDT
I got the build bug again, and the cure will be an MP5. I've built from flats 93s and CETMEs with great success and now thst SBRs are alloweed in Illinois I have much lust.

So I am asking for recommendations as to parts kit vendors as well as preferred kits and types!

Please, share your expreiences.

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 1:42:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Why not one of the POF or AA build on Atlantic Firearms?   I'm pondering buying this one linky and form 1 it then add a stock to it
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 8:14:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why not one of the POF or AA build on Atlantic Firearms?   I'm pondering buying this one linky and form 1 it then add a stock to it
View Quote

No, this will not quench the lust to build.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 8:16:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Last HK build.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 9:12:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Tagged for info.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 8:25:00 PM EDT
[#5]
DJ Getz
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 8:51:52 PM EDT
[#6]
HKParts.net sell the kits and the flats from LSC Manufacturing; you can use several parts from RCM, which are on par with original German parts and be 922r compliant. I figure you got the bending jig as well.

You can go with sellers on Gunbroker, but I strongly recommend ALYUAZ, which sells the complete sets with Surefire foregrips (minus receiver and magazine, of course) for $1700 - all matching numbers.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=439025629

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 9:00:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Hell, talk to Jeff (aka Ghilliebear) at HKPro, he runs Parabellum Combat Systems and he does an awesome job with custom builds.

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 10:16:06 PM EDT
[#8]
+ 1 for DJ Getz
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 8:34:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
HKParts.net sell the kits and the flats from LSC Manufacturing; you can use several parts from RCM, which are on par with original German parts and be 922r compliant. I figure you got the bending jig as well.

You can go with sellers on Gunbroker, but I strongly recommend ALYUAZ, which sells the complete sets with Surefire foregrips (minus receiver and magazine, of course) for $1700 - all matching numbers.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=439025629

View Quote

So where would you send that kit get welded up? I don't think I'd trust myself doing it! Besides, it looks like some metal is missing by the way it's cut.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 9:18:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
DJ Getz
View Quote

read the original post much?
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 12:51:47 PM EDT
[#11]
I think using a rolled LSC flat with all German parts is the best way to go, but I have also had good experience with RCM parts (barrel, bolt head, carrier), or HK contract parts (bolt carrier, bolt head, furniture).

I got together parts for 3 smith builds by scouring the HKPRO classifieds for deals. One kit I got from LSC.

If you're more in a hurry then get a complete MP5 parts kit. It's not cheap, from $1200 on up depending on how good it is, type of MP5, wear, and included stock.  LSC has flat and parts kits for sale from time to time, but the wear on the barrel in my LSC kit was a bit more than I really like. It shoots good, I'll probably never wear it out. RTG Parts and HKPARTS and the EE here also have kits for sale.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 1:26:40 PM EDT
[#12]

Thanks! Good info. Is HKParts still good to go? It seems that they have nice kits with flats for about the same price as the gunbroker link above. Might be a simpler though slightly pricier solution for an MP5 newb like me.

Quoted:
I think using a rolled LSC flat with all German parts is the best way to go, but I have also had good experience with RCM parts (barrel, bolt head, carrier), or HK contract parts (bolt carrier, bolt head, furniture).

I got together parts for 3 smith builds by scouring the HKPRO classifieds for deals. One kit I got from LSC.

If you're more in a hurry then get a complete MP5 parts kit. It's not cheap, from $1200 on up depending on how good it is, type of MP5, wear, and included stock.  LSC has flat and parts kits for sale from time to time, but the wear on the barrel in my LSC kit was a bit more than I really like. It shoots good, I'll probably never wear it out. RTG Parts and HKPARTS and the EE here also have kits for sale.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/5/2014 3:06:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Thanks! Good info. Is HKParts still good to go? It seems that they have nice kits with flats for about the same price as the gunbroker link above. Might be a simpler though slightly pricier solution for an MP5 newb like me.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

AFAIK the issues with HKPARTS/ATF only affect the firearms, not the parts and folks are still getting their parts.

I have gathered parts every which way, and a reasonably priced kit is really the simplest, and can be cheaper when you consider the cost of shipping when you do it piecemeal. For my MP5-K build I probably spent more than a kit, but you can't get a K kit. In fact, nowadays a complete gun is cheaper than what I paid for the parts.

I sold my K build since I already have an H&K SP89 converted to a MP5-K.

I bought parts over several months/years for a standard MP5 build, and it was probably a bit less than the $1400 I spent for an LSC kit with flat, but the barrel is definitely better in my piece by piece kit. YMMV.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 10:12:56 PM EDT
[#14]
hkparts.net is good to go. I spoke to a lady there last week (I wanted those US made UMP mags and was scared I wouldn't get them because of this). She said Adam's legal issues won't affect the company and it will continue to operate with or without him.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 8:46:57 PM EDT
[#15]
SO I bought this kit:
Pistol Build

I will build as a pistol then file papers for an SBR on it.  Seems like the best deal for a kit and flat.

Oh, man! I can't wait.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top