Quoted:
This is THE hkparts.net?
View Quote

http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/About-HKPARTS-d14.htm

According to this, yes.

ETA - Beat
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 5:54:52 AM EDT
[#5]

He wasn't the cheapest but he certainly had the best inventory.This really blows for the HK community.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 9:06:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Well, shit.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 9:19:51 AM EDT
[#7]
That sucks. If guilty then too bad, but the way things are today...
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 10:05:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 10:07:27 AM EDT
[#9]
I just placed an order with them today....
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 10:14:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

As did I yesterday...hope they are still shipping.

ETA:  Whew!  Just rec'd my "shipped" notification.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 10:40:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Looks like they seized a boat load of firearms from him.

Indictment
http://www.justice.gov/tax/2014/AMWebber_Indictment.pdf

Firearms
http://www.justice.gov/tax/2014/AMWebber_1AIndictmentAttachment.pdf
View Quote

Looks mainly like tax evasion and a hint of ITAR violations but that's not really specified. Lots of "forfeiture" language. Boatload of P7 pistols.

This statement needs a bit of expansion, "On or about June 20,2007, Defendant WEBBER signed a Stipulated Settlement
Agreement with the United States in which he agreed never to apply for a Federal firearms
license or be a responsible person for any Federal firearms licensee or business, and that he
would not engage in the business of manufacturing, importing, or dealing in firearms"

I wonder what drove that?
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 10:49:42 AM EDT
[#12]
UGH.

He's always been a very good guy to me.

ETA: Tax Evasion?  When will FBHO hire him to lead the Treasury Department?
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 10:57:11 AM EDT
[#13]
SHIT.

He was one of my main go-to sources for HK stuff.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 11:24:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
SHIT.

He was one of my main go-to sources for HK stuff.
View Quote

Same here.  I just bought a B&T stock for my DJ Getz clone from his store about a month ago.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 12:25:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same! ordered at 7amish, shipped at 1030am
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 1:08:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Adam has always been pleasant professional and courtious. Hope him the best. Amazing the list of firearms (10 pages long) wonder how he got so ass deep in alligators.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 1:50:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Good luck to Adam, he did right by me the one time I purchased from him.

I hope they don't destroy the guns.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 2:42:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

The thought of that makes me cringe.  So many P7 pistols would be destroyed and they're already expensive enough that I may never end up buying one.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 2:59:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
This statement needs a bit of expansion, "On or about June 20,2007, Defendant WEBBER signed a Stipulated Settlement
Agreement with the United States in which he agreed never to apply for a Federal firearms
license or be a responsible person for any Federal firearms licensee or business, and that he
would not engage in the business of manufacturing, importing, or dealing in firearms"

View Quote

My guess is they previously hit him with dealing without a license, and as part of the deal he promised to do it again.

Also recall, 2007 is around the time frame he was working with the MK5 guy.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 3:33:53 PM EDT
[#20]
DAMNIT
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 4:19:31 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Good luck to Adam, he did right by me the one time I purchased from him.

View Quote

Same here, but I dealt with him twice.  He was extremely helpful in figured out some issues I was having with a 53 SBR.  

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 4:27:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Bummer

Him shooting my 51KB??? In 2007

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 5:28:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Be careful about admitting that you bought something that the government thinks that they didn't get their tax on.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 5:45:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Be careful about admitting that you bought something that the government thinks that they didn't get their tax on.
View Quote

I would imagine if the Fed wanted to chase us down all they would have to do is let their fingers do the walking through HKParts.com's customer purchase records. He was not a cash business and I'm sure he has a paper trail a mile long with all of our credit card data on it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 6:42:27 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View Quote

Be sure to adjust your tinfoil hat if it is windy outside today....
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 7:00:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 7:02:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Is it still ok to keep buying on HKParts.net  
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 7:10:08 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Is it still ok to keep buying on HKParts.net  
View Quote
Answered my own question, found this on the HK Forum,

On behalf of HK Parts & Adam Webber

The staff at HK Parts are fully aware of the accusations and facts of the case at hand. HK Parts is and will continue to operate with or without Adam Webber. It is business as usual at HK Parts as a company. We have been fully compliant and are not under any scrutiny. In regards to Adam, he is also aware of the situation, he has retained counsel and is working diligently to resolve this misunderstanding and issue with the Government. We appreciate your support and understanding with this matter and we hope to continue to earn your business!

Regards,

The staff at HK Parts
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 7:10:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

If the IRS wants to come talk to me about the mp5 grip he sold me, they are more then welcome.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 7:13:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Well, there are all the P7s...  Hope he can quickly clear his name, not just for the P7s mind you.

Adam has always been great to deal with..  both for work stuff when we carried HK and for personal stuff.

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 7:14:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Looks like he had several hundred thousand in P7's
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 11:51:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Adam has always been a pleasure to do business with.

I hope that this situation is quickly resolved.

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 1:42:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I have known Adam for many years, and done a ton of business with him, innocent until proven guilty guys. Adam is a great guy
View Quote

Adam seems like a really good guy.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 2:48:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Dang that is a crap situation Wonder if the P7s will be saved or sent to Mexico in 2 fast 2 furious.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 4:16:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Dang that is a crap situation Wonder if the P7s will be saved or sent to Mexico in 2 fast 2 furious.
View Quote

The AKs that were siezed from "Chief Thunder" back in the day, ended up as training weapons for the US Military.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 9:13:46 AM EDT
[#36]
It's possible, but I doubt his problem initially was dealing without a licence. Normally you get a warning and are told to apply for an FFL if you are going to be in the business of selling firearms. He may have been ineligible to apply for an FFL for some reason. He must have partnered with someone who had an FFL as it looks like he bought an entire police trade in shipment from HK. That is likely the core of the problem. The tax evasion stuff is most likely income from the sale of firearms which he would not have declared since he was unlicenced. So the tax thing, while actually the more serious charges, might be a bit overblown.

I would be more disturbed that IRS Special Agents were involved. These are not auditors...there are very few of them and they go after major criminal cases. They are frequently used to take down drug dealers etc. I worked with one on a federal drug task force years ago. He had been involved in taking down the spy, Aldrich Ames. They are extremely thorough....

Quoted:

My guess is they previously hit him with dealing without a license, and as part of the deal he promised to do it again.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 10:19:12 AM EDT
[#37]
Sheds a little more light on it:

http://www.guns.com/2014/08/30/department-of-justice-charges-hk-parts-owner-for-selling-guns-without-a-license/
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 12:27:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Sheds a little more light on it:

http://www.guns.com/2014/08/30/department-of-justice-charges-hk-parts-owner-for-selling-guns-without-a-license/
View Quote

Sounds like a good old fashioned ATF railroading.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 1:29:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Looks like conspiracy to me.  He was using his assets to purchase every P7 available to own the market by buying up everyone he could so he could profit on their "rarity" (ala DeBeers with diamond stocks).  Looks like it wasn't such a smart business decision after all.  I mean, yes, no one was hurt in the commission of his "crimes" so I am not 'outraged' or anything.  I just hope he has to pay a fine and that's it.  Prison time for this is absurd.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 7:34:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Looks like conspiracy to me.  He was using his assets to purchase every P7 available to own the market by buying up everyone he could so he could profit on their "rarity" (ala DeBeers with diamond stocks).  Looks like it wasn't such a smart business decision after all.  I mean, yes, no one was hurt in the commission of his "crimes" so I am not 'outraged' or anything.  I just hope he has to pay a fine and that's it.  Prison time for this is absurd.
View Quote

Looks like you are full of shit to me.

IP check on aisle one please.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 8:11:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 10:46:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Heck of a first post.....
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 9:27:04 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Conspiracy to do what?
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 10:21:22 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

What are you talking about? Crimes and prison time? Unless something changed while I slept last night this man is presumed innocent until proven guilty. How would you have any idea if this is a conspiracy, do you have some special access to the facts of this case? You've been watching too much liberal news! You don't have the right to decide if he's guilty. Only a judge or a jury can decide that. After a trial!
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 12:21:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He just bought one shipment from HK. PW Arms bought several shipments and HK starting bringing them in on their own as well. He most certainly did not "corner" the market. Apparently the misunderstanding between Adam and the BATFE is he partnered with an FFL to accomplish this and he claims the agreement with the BATFE was vague and did not specifically prohibit this.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 9:25:15 AM EDT
[#46]
Free Adam Webber!
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 9:04:56 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Free Adam Webber!
View Quote

Free Hat McCullough
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 1:46:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Any updates on this?
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 4:52:06 PM EDT
[#49]
FREE McUZI  
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 12:44:01 AM EDT
[#50]
This whole thing smells like bullshit.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top