Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2014 8:59:54 PM EDT
Almost done with it, took it out for a test drive today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPPPcOBKPZE&feature=youtu.be

Still have to take care of the cosmetic stuff and make a cover for the gas system.
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 9:11:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Very cool project! embedded for you

Link Posted: 6/11/2014 9:17:03 PM EDT
[#2]

That's pretty damn cool
Link Posted: 6/11/2014 9:25:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Very cool project! embedded for you
http://youtu.be/kPPPcOBKPZE
View Quote

Thanks! All the fancy stuff is grayed out for me.
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 9:36:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Cool project for sure.  Amazing how much that SVT-40 piston flexes.
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 9:53:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Sweet build, just one question.

Where do you find .243 WIN?

My dad doesn't reload, and he's got an old ultra light .243 he had put together for pack hunting in Colorado, and only half a box of old yellow box Winchester left for it.  Last time I found ammo it was on Gunbroker.
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 10:15:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

My dad doesn't reload, and he's got an old ultra light .243 he had put together for pack hunting in Colorado, and only half a box of old yellow box Winchester left for it.  Last time I found ammo it was on Gunbroker.
View Quote

Sportsmans Guide had it for $14/box when I bought mine.
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 10:18:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Those parts aren't from an SVT, I made them.  Everything is hardened except the center rod because I wanted to test the rifle first.  No doubt the SVT flexes as well, I'll need to shoot some video of mine.
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 10:20:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Those parts aren't from an SVT, I made them.  Everything is hardened except the center rod because I wanted to test the rifle first.  No doubt the SVT flexes as well, I'll need to shoot some video of mine.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Must have misread, but even better that you're turning them on your own.
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 11:25:18 AM EDT
[#9]
There is a build thread (readers digest version) on another site but I don't know how the mods feel about linking to other sites.
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 2:03:30 PM EDT
[#10]
I wouldn't even call that a CETME anymore....I think you reserve the right to name it whatever you'd like...
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 3:46:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I wouldn't even call that a CETME anymore....I think you reserve the right to name it whatever you'd like...
View Quote

The design came after watching a youtube video of the Gerat06 on forgotten weapons channel.  Builders have been trying to figure out how to eliminate the necessity of chamber flutes for a long time.  The gerat06 did not use flutes but was roller locking.  It had issues that did not get addressed and was replaced by a model with fluted chamber.   (Which became the cetme) I took a look at the video and thought I understood the problem and tried it out in this build.  All that's left unmodified is the trunnion and bolt head.
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 4:27:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/12/2014 5:08:58 PM EDT
[#13]
http://www.militaryfirearm.com/Forum/showthread.php?30325-Gas-operated-Cetme-in

I actually put it on a neutral site so non members could view it.
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 9:55:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Made a handguard  today, need to make a flash hider now.

Link Posted: 6/13/2014 11:19:08 AM EDT
[#15]
That is awesome OP!
Link Posted: 6/13/2014 7:07:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

I see it in various flavors at Walmart, Academy, and Bass Pro every time I go.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 7:57:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Finally got some small details taken care of and parkerized it, the linear comp is titanium, I have a couple to test before I put a finish on them:

Link Posted: 7/6/2014 4:51:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Wow, nice rifle! New cocking handle?
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 7:28:42 PM EDT
[#19]
I actually prefer the other one but I took a lot of flak on the builders board for it so I adapted the original handle.  I parked both of them so now I have one for pics and one to use.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 6:16:52 AM EDT
[#20]
That is a very nice job man. Definitely a winner!
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 5:47:13 AM EDT
[#21]
That is amazing craftsmanship man! Is the accuracy acceptable?
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 6:09:49 AM EDT
[#22]
That is awesome.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 6:46:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Don't know yet! I haven't shot it since I welded the rail on and parked it.  I'm working up several different linear compensator designs for testing in the next week, I'll take a couple scopes with me as well, I tossed the red dot on for the pics.  If you didn't see the build thread the Remington 700 barrel is/was horribly out of round inside and out, hopefully the bore doesn't suffer the same defect as the chamber did!

I'll post a link when the video from the next tests are up.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 9:20:12 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Don't know yet! I haven't shot it since I welded the rail on and parked it.  I'm working up several different linear compensator designs for testing in the next week, I'll take a couple scopes with me as well, I tossed the red dot on for the pics.  If you didn't see the build thread the Remington 700 barrel is/was horribly out of round inside and out, hopefully the bore doesn't suffer the same defect as the chamber did!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can't wait!
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:26:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Well done, sir. (tips hat)
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:47:48 PM EDT
[#26]
That's awesome.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top