User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 9:40:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I am a zenith dealer.
Link Posted: 5/16/2015 5:36:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Atlantic has posted them on their side, with pricing.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 3:00:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Atlantic has posted them on their side, with pricing.
View Quote

That's been up for awhile but you still can't order them and so far there has been no notice about
pre-orders for them either.  Some were to been here in customs on the 14th or so.  Wonder what
happened?
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 3:08:01 PM EDT
[#4]
The guns are at their warehouse and will be shipping this week.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 7:49:33 PM EDT
[#5]
There are pics of the pistol at the HKPRO site.

Man, they look SSWWEEEEEETTTT!  
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 8:33:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
There are pics of the pistol at the HKPRO site.

Man, they look SSWWEEEEEETTTT!  
View Quote

link?
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 8:37:10 PM EDT
[#7]
http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-clone-talk/195612-importing-mke-weapons-2014-a-21.html

Hopefully this will take you to the bottom of the 21st page of the thread where the pics are.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 7:21:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 6:06:11 PM EDT
[#9]
They guys at Zenith shot me a call to tell me my gun would be shipping this week. I asked them about parts and mags while I had them on the phone. They did not have a date on when the parts would be coming into the states but they will post on their website when they do. In terms of mags; they will be importing both metal and plastic mags. They are made at the MKE plant, not Korea, and the MSRP will be $25 for the plastic and I think they said $59 or $69 for the metal.
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 8:23:44 PM EDT
[#10]
deserteaglexxx
Do you have any MKE Z-5P (MP5k-PDW) weapons available for sale or have other people like me
contacted you and pre-ordered them all up.  I am not an FFL and would have to have my FFL
email you his license copy assuming that is acceptable to you.  If you have any what is the price
what payment methods do you accept?
Thanks
Chuck
Link Posted: 5/18/2015 11:26:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
deserteaglexxx
Do you have any MKE Z-5P (MP5k-PDW) weapons available for sale or have other people like me
contacted you and pre-ordered them all up.  I am not an FFL and would have to have my FFL
email you his license copy assuming that is acceptable to you.  If you have any what is the price
what payment methods do you accept?
Thanks
Chuck
View Quote

I sent you an email
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 2:26:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Any idea why the pistols are more expensive than the rifles?
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 10:23:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Is there any word/expectation as to threading/bore concentricity? I understand that with the Vektor V93 there were issues with baffle strikes when using suppressors; is MKE expected to be more vigilant on that front?
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 10:38:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 10:40:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 10:41:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 12:37:24 PM EDT
[#17]
What's the twist rate on the 5.56mm models? Are they still using the old 1:12, or have they moved to a faster twist for modern heavier bullets?

And for those of us that want to SBR a pistol model, can we buy compatible collapsing stocks MKE stocks from any Zenith stocking dealer, or are we just at the mercy of the used HK parts market?
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:01:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Well......just took the plunge and bought the MKE Z-5RS from Atlantic.

Hope I made a good decision, been wanting an MP5 clone for years and could never seem to pull the trigger due to various concerns.

$1700 is no small price so I hope this gun reflects that somewhat premium cost.

We'll see.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 3:03:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
What's the twist rate on the 5.56mm models? Are they still using the old 1:12, or have they moved to a faster twist for modern heavier bullets?

And for those of us that want to SBR a pistol model, can we buy compatible collapsing stocks MKE stocks from any Zenith stocking dealer, or are we just at the mercy of the used HK parts market?
View Quote

They told me 1/7 at SHOT for the 5.56 models and that they were importing parts later in the year.  They said the firearms come by air and they are doing parts by sea container.  So there is some time in transit for parts.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 6:53:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Can someone explain to me the major differences between the Z-5P & the Z-5RS?

I just bought the RS from Atlantic today and now that I'm thinking about it, I'm not sure I get what a reverse stretch MP5 actually is.

I thought the RS was primarily for the K models?

Going to SBR this and add a collapsable stock......is the Z-5RS what I should be getting?
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 7:13:41 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I just bought the RS from Atlantic today and now that I'm thinking about it, I'm not sure I get what a reverse stretch MP5 actually is.
Going to SBR this and add a collapsable stock......is the Z-5RS what I should be getting?

View Quote

The Z-5RS is the full size model that you can put regular stocks on. Z-5P is the shorter version with the K size receiver.

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 7:28:34 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

The Z-5RS is the full size model that you can put regular stocks on. Z-5P is the shorter version with the K size receiver.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So the "RS" in the Z-5RS doesn't stand for Reverse Stretch?
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 7:49:22 PM EDT
[#24]
I'd like to see a quality comparison between the MKE, Atlantic, and DJ Getz guns.  I have a Getz gun and I really like it, but I'm in the market for a K model and would really like to get a feel for how nice the MKE guns are in comparison
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:16:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope, not in the sense that most people understand it.   It stands for: Regular Size.   Sorry, best mnemonic I could do.  

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 9:15:13 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Nope, not in the sense that most people understand it.   It stands for: Regular Size.   Sorry, best mnemonic I could do.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's what it looks like to me. I was reading up on these MKE guns on the Truth About Guns blog and that states the models like this....

"The first wave of imports is coming in next month, and while the guns are going to be about $100 to $200 above what’s coming in from POF they say that the quality will be evident. Models available will include the Z-5P (MP5), Z-5RS (stretched MP5), and Z-5K (MP5K) pistols, as well as the Z-5 rifle (MP5 rifle, 16.15? barrel). The pistols all take standard MP5 magazines, and the rifle version only takes special 10-round magazines."

Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:53:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

The Z-5P model is analogues to the Hk MP5k-PDW in that its barrel is threaded and has 3 lugs.  However, the threading is not the standard used by Hk
instead of 1/2" x 32 TPI the threading on the Z-5P  barrel is 1/2" x 28 TPI.   It has tabs at the rear of the receiver to keep one of attaching a stock like the
"k" versions made by HK and two pin holes at the rear of the receiver like the "k" made by HK.
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 11:19:56 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
The Z-5P model is analogues to the Hk MP5k-PDW in that its barrel is threaded and has 3 lugs.  However, the threading is not the standard used by Hk

instead of 1/2" x 32 TPI the threading on the Z-5P  barrel is 1/2" x 28 TPI.   It has tabs at the rear of the receiver to keep one of attaching a stock like the

"k" versions made by HK and two pin holes at the rear of the receiver like the "k" made by HK.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So based on the model number designations I quoted above from Truth About Guns, they're incorrect.

The RS on Atlantics page looks like your typical full sized MP5 , no "stretched" as TAG stated. Got it.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 8:21:31 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 9:01:46 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

The Z5 RS is the full sized pistol

The Z5 P   is the K style pistol with 3 lugs and Threads

The Z5 K   is the true K style with Snubnose front end

Below is a quick Test Fire video , we will  have more this weekend as we continue to test the guns

https://youtu.be/S74mZtQYYkI
View Quote

Thanks for the vid.....just bought the full sized pistol from you guys yesterday.

Any thoughts on these MKE guns in comparison to the POF/DJG/AA MP5 clones?

Over all fit/finish, configuration differences?
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 10:41:28 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 11:04:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Do you expect to get some of the Z-5 Rifle soon?
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 3:01:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 5:43:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Yeah I have to say that the accessories look really nice.  Definitely a plus.  My Getz gun has been flawless though...hard to argue I should go elsewhere, unless it's really really good though.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 5:48:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Yeah I have to say that the accessories look really nice.  Definitely a plus.  My Getz gun has been flawless though...hard to argue I should go elsewhere, unless it's really really good though.
View Quote

Same boat.  I have two from DJG, both excellent in every regard.  

But I may jump on one of these just to have one.   I like that they come with three magazines for the price.  That's worth $150 at least as far as I figure.  I don't think most of the price balkers are considering that.  

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 11:48:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
My initial impression is that the fit n finish is on par with the Atlantic Arms or Getz series because both of those are fairly nice , I can say the finish on the MKE is much nicer than the POF series by a long shot. One thing that I think will really make customers happy is all the extra MKE Factory accessories that come with the gun ,Optic Rail, Cleaning  kit, Sling, 2 extra pins , hardcase and beautifully derailed owners info , It is really a complete package, It was nice to have all of this in a compact package and be able to easily transport it all to the range

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/images/stories/virtuemart/product/zenithz5rs%20(2%20of%2019).jpg
View Quote

Does standard HK MP5 handguards fit this model?  What about stocks (if going the sbr route)?
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 1:35:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Well another thing that will definitely influence my consideration of these is whether or not they can be used with a sear pack.  The lowers look like they're double push-pin, which makes me wonder if a) they'll accept a clipped and pinned lower and b) if the carrier or something is different (ie. blocking bar) or something that would prevent it firing in auto.

Since all guns considered will be hosts to my sear, that's of fairly critical importance.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 4:50:36 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Well another thing that will definitely influence my consideration of these is whether or not they can be used with a sear pack.  The lowers look like they're double push-pin, which makes me wonder if a) they'll accept a clipped and pinned lower and b) if the carrier or something is different (ie. blocking bar) or something that would prevent it firing in auto.

Since all guns considered will be hosts to my sear, that's of fairly critical importance.
View Quote
They ARE double push-pin. There is a restrictor "tab" (instead of a shelf) behind the mag well.

a) They will accept a C&P lower.

b) The carrier is semi-auto (no sear trip) and the receiver has a blocking bar/plate welded in place.

They can legally be modified to the "pre-POF-5" conventional semi-auto clone "full shelf", and then have the blocking bar removed.

Also, if you had a spring-loaded sear trip on a bolt carrier, which would clear the blocking bar (unmodified), in conjuction with a registered trigger box (or sear in a clipped box) then that would work as well, as there would be no changes to the host firearm.

I'm not aware of anyone selling a carrier with a spring-loaded sear trip installed (RCM - Are you listening??? lol) but one or more members of the HKPRO forum have done this.

Link Posted: 5/24/2015 8:15:22 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 3:14:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Just got my shipping confirmation from Atlantic for my Z-5RS, should be here in a few days.

I'll post a follow up once it arrives and again once I have a chance to shoot it.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 6:36:31 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 4:07:52 PM EDT
[#42]
So I'm a little late on my review of the Z-5RS I bought from Atlantic.....so here we go.

First of all, Atlantic has to be damn near the top of my list of places to buy guns from. Just consistently solid in respect to communication, shipping and though I've never had to return a gun or needed their support for anything, their reputation as being top shelf in customer satisfaction is well documented. In short, Atlantic is GTG in all respects.

As has been discussed, the Z-5RS comes in a better than average hard case, custom fit for the gun and accessories. That includes the 3 mags, sling, extra take down pins, cleaning kit and optics rail. Pretty solid package that adds a lot of value to the sticker price of the gun IMO.

The Z-5RS is impressive out of the box. Clean welds, very nice fit and finish. The durability of the finish remains to be seen, but upon first inspection, about as good as I could have expected....possibly better. In many ways this gun is visually indistinguishable from its HK counterpart and noticeably nicer than the POF's and previous gen MKE imports. No noticeable burs, rough machining marks, rough spots or irregularities in its finish. Very clean all the way around.

So far I've taken the gun to the range twice and on each outting put 250 rounds through it. All 500 rounds have been WWB 115 grain ammo. Granted this is not an exhaustive reliability sample, however I experienced zero issues. I used all 3 mags to make sure they functioned fine as well, which they did. If you've ever shot an MP5, you know that familiar, soft recoil impulse....which is mirrored with the Z-5RS. The only difference (and its a big difference) is that all MP5's I've ever fired were select fire. The Z-5RS, as you know is not, but the gun is an absolute blast to shoot all the same.

To me, this gun requires SBR status. Frankly I'd have no interest in this gun in its original pistol form, and have already eFiled my Form 1, so the waiting game begins. Once the stamp is in, it's just a matter of popping the rear take down pin, sliding off the end cap and sliding on, in my case, a collapsable stock. Also 922(r) will need to be addressed, however after looking in to that, a pretty minor process to comply with. Doesn't get much easier than that. During the 500 rounds mentioned above, the gun performed as well as could be reasonably expected in pistol form. As a pistol, aiming it isn't tough, just a bit unwieldy given its size. Adjusting the rear diopter sight to the smallest setting, and having a solid two handed grip allowed good accuracy. There's little doubt in my mind that once I have the ability to shoulder this gun as it was designed to do, it will be every bit as accurate as I'd hope it to be.

So to wrap this up, I'm quite happy with the Z-5RS. I'm not sure I have a single complaint at this point, other than the obligatory wait for the stamp which was self imposed (for good reason). I'm sure there are plenty of guys with vastly more HK MP5 experience then myself, and maybe they'd find some details to gripe about. As for me, I love the gun, and having wanted as close to a real MP5 for a very long time, (without having to sell a kidney for the real deal) I have no regrets in the choice I made here.

Link Posted: 6/9/2015 5:08:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Very nice review M4.  

My form1 is in too.   It can't get here fast enough.

I will add to that review that I have personally tested HK, POF, and the furnished MKE mags and all of them run in this gun, 100%.  

The korean ATI mags run fine except for the last round.  It jumps out of the magazine and gets hammered into the side of the chamber.  This is known to be a cheap rangemag so I am not worried about it.   Especially because it does that in three different guns the exact same way.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 5:31:35 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Very nice review M4.  

My form1 is in too.   It can't get here fast enough.

I will add to that review that I have personally tested HK, POF, and the furnished MKE mags and all of them run in this gun, 100%.  

The korean ATI mags run fine except for the last round.  It jumps out of the magazine and gets hammered into the side of the chamber.  This is known to be a cheap rangemag so I am not worried about it.   Especially because it does that in three different guns the exact same way.
View Quote

What model MKE/Zenith did you go with fargo?
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 6:19:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Z5-RS, the same.   Great gun but the "RS" is  only producing confusion since it's typically used to refer to a reverse stretch gun.  This is a full size MP5 type gun as a pistol.  

The finish on mine is a little bit different looking than on my HK's.  I won't say better or worse.  It's a little less gloss and more matte.  I'm fine with that.  

The cocking piece floats through the tube effortlessly, and racking the action is like a stick of butter.  

Feeler gauges show the lower is damn near dead level to the upper.  

Noting that these use a full auto lower housing, with a semi-auto trigger group.  It has a bar welded in the back of the receiver that precludes inserting a F/A bolt carrier.  If you don't own a $35,000 HK sear, and want to keep it as a semi,  it doesn't matter.  

Another thing of note is that the drum sight on these is a true MP5 drum vs. the G3 sight you see on some of the US made guns.   It does not change the POI like a G3 sight does.  It's only presenting different sized apertures for a more or less focused sight picture.

That said, I have found the G3 v notch to be quite useful for 25Y and under on my American guns.  

I will say that the gun I got has so far spoken of a pretty damn high standard of quality.   I would not hesitate to buy another one.  

Waiting for the MKE rifles.  

Link Posted: 6/9/2015 8:21:29 PM EDT
[#46]
M4 and Fargo, thank you for posting! MKE on my too buy list,

walked away from a NIB real HK-94 for $750ish, early 80's (maybe late 70's) at the fun show,

one of my very few regrets in life.
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 4:37:13 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

walked away from a NIB real HK-94 for $750ish, early 80's (maybe late 70's) at the fun show,

View Quote

Ha!!  I did the same thing back in the late 80s... Saw a NIB HK-94 for around $750 and passed on it since I thought I'll pick it up in a few months.  Was sent on an extended military training exercise... Then "BANG!!!"  the first import ban kicks it and everything was either bought up or the prices jacked up to at least three times the original prices.  A used HK-94 were going for $2,000.00 and higher.

Fast forward sixteen years and I finally bought a used HK-94, a California Dept. of Corrections (DOJ) carbine for $2,500.00...  Just wished that I picked up that NIB HK-94 back in 1989!!
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 12:37:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Ha!!  I did the same thing back in the late 80s... Saw a NIB HK-94 for around $750 and passed on it since I thought I'll pick it up in a few months.  Was sent on an extended military training exercise... Then "BANG!!!"  the first import ban kicks it and everything was either bought up or the prices jacked up to at least three times the original prices.  A used HK-94 were going for $2,000.00 and higher.

Fast forward sixteen years and I finally bought a used HK-94, a California Dept. of Corrections (DOJ) carbine for $2,500.00...  Just wished that I picked up that NIB HK-94 back in 1989!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glad you got one!  They also had a UZI for $399 (IIRC) at the same table, also walked past that at the time.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 7:00:19 PM EDT
[#49]
No word yet on the HK33K-type pistol?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 7:30:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
No word yet on the HK33K-type pistol?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top