Link Posted: 2/16/2023 11:31:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/17/2023 7:10:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 1:22:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DSArms_FAL:

The first round of barrels for these kits will be available the beginning of March
View Quote

I'll be waiting!
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 9:06:40 PM EDT
[#4]
If anyone is not going to use their code, please let me know. I completely missed the raffle.
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 2:03:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Getting closer. Just received this from DSA today.

Link Posted: 2/20/2023 8:52:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Sweet! Can you post closer pics of the markings?

You going to build yourself or send to DSA?
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 9:01:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Looks great, keep us updated!
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 11:00:39 AM EDT
[#8]
From ARS, “DSA barrels are not compatible with FN gas blocks as DSA are out of spec small.  But if you're ok with the dsa gas block and short tube, it's not an issue.”  I was hoping to find some direction on what he thought of the kits.  Where to source the additional parts, is it going to be worth a million bucks, re park/black etc.  I got none of that.  Pretty short responses, I’m sure he is busy and like every good gunsmith I’ve ever worked with…aloof.

He’s still going to do the work but does anyone have any thoughts here.  18” vs 21” barrel length, what parts do I actually need in addition.
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 11:21:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: YaBoyKGTho] [#9]
Originally Posted By pilotferhire:
From ARS, “DSA barrels are not compatible with FN gas blocks as DSA are out of spec small.  But if you're ok with the dsa gas block and short tube, it's not an issue.”  I was hoping to find some direction on what he thought of the kits.  Where to source the additional parts, is it going to be worth a million bucks, re park/black etc.  I got none of that.  Pretty short responses, I’m sure he is busy and like every good gunsmith I’ve ever worked with…aloof.

He’s still going to do the work but does anyone have any thoughts here.  18” vs 21” barrel length, what parts do I actually need in addition.
View Quote

I think these barrels are being made specifically for this kit so there shouldn't be a fitment issue. The parts you still need are the receiver, barrel, selector, piston rod, and (probably) locking shoulder. You won't know which locking shoulder until it's built and gauged. DSA has all of that, though the barrels aren't for sale just yet. It should be in the next week or two. Edit: also need a belgian-style combo device.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 3:07:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By YaBoyKGTho:

I think these barrels are being made specifically for this kit so there shouldn't be a fitment issue. The parts you still need are the receiver, barrel, selector, piston rod, and (probably) locking shoulder. You won't know which locking shoulder until it's built and gauged. DSA has all of that, though the barrels aren't for sale just yet. It should be in the next week or two.
View Quote

I think they are also missing the combo device.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 10:05:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By bigstick61:

I think they are also missing the combo device.
View Quote

Correct. I missed that. Belgian combo device.
Link Posted: 2/22/2023 12:42:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DSArms_FAL] [#12]
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 1:39:18 PM EDT
[#13]
I just purchased my kit!!!
Link Posted: 2/27/2023 1:58:29 PM EDT
[#14]

This is false the barrels we offer for these FN kits without gas block installed are oversized. IMO he is thinking about this like the Israeli kits. The Israeli gas blocks were on the outside of spec and fit very loose, way looser than these Fn blocks. The Israeli barrels we offer are even bigger than the ones we offer for these Fn kits. The very first Israeli barrels with undersized for the Israeli gas blocks and that was changed after the first month of production.

BTW we sell every single part for the standard FAL and standard para FAL.
View Quote

I purchased 2 of your barrel and they were awesome. !! Great product and highly recommended!!
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 11:35:32 PM EDT
[#15]
I missed the receivers! Are they going to come back in stock? I did sign up for the notifications this time

Hopefully I get my hands on that and the barrel
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 10:46:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Any update on the barrels?

Also will there be a restock of the receivers? I planned to buy when they were both in stock.
Link Posted: 3/11/2023 8:12:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/11/2023 10:54:07 AM EDT
[#18]

We have a few types of receivers in stock you don’t have to use any certain one some people want the type 3 but many people are ordering type 1.

Barrels are due back from chrome any day. Once they are back we just have to blast and park and we do that in house.
View Quote

Thanks! So no plan for a reup of the gendarmerie receivers?
Link Posted: 3/11/2023 1:28:17 PM EDT
[#19]

We have a few types of receivers in stock you don’t have to use any certain one some people want the type 3 but many people are ordering type 1.

Barrels are due back from chrome any day. Once they are back we just have to blast and park and we do that in house.
View Quote

I just received my type 2 Thursday. Ty
Link Posted: 3/11/2023 1:41:25 PM EDT
[#20]

This is false the barrels we offer for these FN kits without gas block installed are oversized. IMO he is thinking about this like the Israeli kits. The Israeli gas blocks were on the outside of spec and fit very loose, way looser than these Fn blocks. The Israeli barrels we offer are even bigger than the ones we offer for these Fn kits. The very first Israeli barrels with undersized for the Israeli gas blocks and that was changed after the first month of production.

BTW we sell every single part for the standard FAL and standard para FAL.
View Quote

I can confirm that the Israeli gas blocks fit very tight on DSA’s newer Israeli barrels. ARS even pinned it for me.
Link Posted: 3/11/2023 10:31:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/13/2023 10:54:04 PM EDT
[#22]

Thanks! So no plan for a reup of the gendarmerie receivers?
View Quote
@YaBoyKGTho

Receivers are up and available on their website.
https://www.dsarms.com/p-17494-dsa-sa58-special-gendarmerie-marked-stripped-semi-auto-fal-receiver-type-3-carry-handle-cut-762-mm.aspx
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 7:57:45 AM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 10:01:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: YaBoyKGTho] [#24]
I'm tempted to go with a type 2 just for aesthetic reasons. Is that stupid or a waste of the kit?

Changed my mind
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 2:49:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/20/2023 9:12:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Barrels are up
View Quote

My kit is already up at DSA awaiting assembly. I was just waiting for the barrels to arrive.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 6:21:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Got my new DSA barrel in, along with the spare parts kit. Ready to start building.

One point of annoyance, though- did DSA throw in the polymer mags just to get them out of their shop? It doesn't even lock in my DSA receiver without having to hammer it. I get that it's part of 922(r), but I'm mad that I paid an extra $20 for something that is either going to take up space or go in the trash.
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 6:25:28 AM EDT
[#28]
I find it rude that y’all keep this thread going, while those of us that didn’t win have to be repeatedly reminded that we didn’t!

I am happy to see you’re building them and not just sitting on them though!
Link Posted: 3/24/2023 9:15:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By BuddyChryst:
I find it rude that y’all keep this thread going, while those of us that didn’t win have to be repeatedly reminded that we didn’t!

I am happy to see you’re building them and not just sitting on them though!
View Quote

I haven't seen any in the 300's yet. I think there are more out there that haven't been released yet.
Link Posted: 3/25/2023 4:12:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Just got the barrel and receiver in today.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 7:53:09 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 2:07:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: marcus5819] [#32]

As per our website polymer mags should be fit for optimal fit and function with your individual receiver/rifle. Why you may ask? the optimal fit will make for a very long lasting mag. If we made them looser they just would wear out even faster the the FAL mag moves around a lot during. Plus the FAL mag catch design really wears on the mag rear catch more that most all other designs and using polymer for the material means you really need to start out tighter.
View Quote

@DSArms_FAL
Please get your metal magazines back into production!!
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 7:27:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By marcus5819:

@DSArms_FAL
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By marcus5819:

As per our website polymer mags should be fit for optimal fit and function with your individual receiver/rifle. Why you may ask? the optimal fit will make for a very long lasting mag. If we made them looser they just would wear out even faster the the FAL mag moves around a lot during. Plus the FAL mag catch design really wears on the mag rear catch more that most all other designs and using polymer for the material means you really need to start out tighter.

@DSArms_FAL

And SCAR mags!!!

Link Posted: 3/30/2023 7:20:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 7:37:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GI_Brat] [#35]
Back from DSA

Link Posted: 4/12/2023 8:29:25 PM EDT
[#36]

That looks nice! How long did it take from when you sent in the receiver and parts? Do you need to send in the the complete kit or just all the upper parts?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 9:12:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By RadioHack:

That looks nice! How long did it take from when you sent in the receiver and parts? Do you need to send in the the complete kit or just all the upper parts?

Thanks!
View Quote

Thanks!
It took about six weeks from me shipping it off to receiving it back.

You'll have to send your whole kit to them.
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 9:16:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By GI_Brat:

Thanks!
It took about six weeks from me shipping it off to receiving it back.

You'll have to send your whole kit to them.
View Quote

So, you buy the receiver, receive it, pack it with the kit and send it off to them with 922r parts?
Link Posted: 4/12/2023 9:47:17 PM EDT
[#39]

Peanutbutter and jealous. Waiting to get mine back from my builder.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 7:38:23 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By RadioHack:

So, you buy the receiver, receive it, pack it with the kit and send it off to them with 922r parts?
View Quote

Yes. I also ordered/received the missing parts (magazine, piston, safety selector & flash hider) before sending everything to DSA.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 8:25:29 AM EDT
[#41]

Excellent!!

Can you post pic of the sticker on the stock, or any other interesting markings on the Belgian parts?

Link Posted: 4/16/2023 7:31:17 PM EDT
[#42]
What did DSA charge to build it for you?
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 8:10:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By dalyman72:

Excellent!!

Can you post pic of the sticker on the stock, or any other interesting markings on the Belgian parts?

View Quote

Not sure if it's 21CC & 2 P1. Maybe someone can explain what they mean
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 8:17:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By SaturationTech:

What did DSA charge to build it for you?
View Quote

$514.95, which included the purchase of a 21" Barrel, Assembly, Labor and return shipping.

I had already purchased the upper and Spare parts kit from DSA before sending everything in.
Link Posted: 4/18/2023 5:08:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By GI_Brat:

$514.95, which included the purchase of a 21" Barrel, Assembly, Labor and return shipping.

I had already purchased the upper and Spare parts kit from DSA before sending everything in.
View Quote

Thank you. I’ve got all the parts in hand, so looks like around $300 for the assembly.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 9:30:29 AM EDT
[#46]
Ian's:

Belgian Gendarmerie FAL w/ DSA Receiver

Link Posted: 1/20/2024 5:48:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Got mine built. Still kinda wish it was a type 2, but I'm happy with it!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/20/2024 9:24:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Nice !!
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 10:38:11 AM EDT
[#49]
A buddy of mine "won" one of those kits. He bought the receiver and a barrel from DSA and then had them put it together. I got to check it out last weekend. Nice!
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Belgian FN FAL Kits (Page 3 of 3)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top