Belgian FN FAL Kits (Page 2 of 3)
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 12:26:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Izhevsk54r:

https://fnestore.com/fn-fal-kit

tried to check out, but I get an error message

"There are 1 or more items in your cart that are not legally allowed to ship to your selected destination. If you believe this to be an error, please contact Customer Service at (844) 897-0675."
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By stimpsonjcat:
Originally Posted By SapperSCLA2:

I was just on their website and loaded one into cart and it allows checkout. Not sure what’s up with that but maybe just place the order?

Link?

"There are 1 or more items in your cart that are not legally allowed to ship to your selected destination. If you believe this to be an error, please contact Customer Service at (844) 897-0675."

They won't ship these to California even though there are literally no legal issues with doing so at all.  FN is taking this stuff over the top.  I even saw a 922r disclaimer on the page, lol.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 4:09:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jacketch] [#2]
I have an FN CODE I'm not going to be using. I also have an Argentine 21" barrel with gas lug and flash hider/brake and blank firing device. PM me if you are interested.
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 11:15:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Jozsi:
I got my code...was gonna order......then stopped by the pawn shop and saw a SAR48 for 1499. It has problems like no rear sight, it has a cheesy scope mount and leupold rifle scope and it's missing the flash hider and has some muzzle brake on it.

No magazine.....Got it for $1350....all of the stuff can be fixed.

Fuck that shit waiting for a DSA receiver and barrel.....

$1350 for a pre ban SAR48 made by an FN licensed factory......

View Quote

Exactly.  I still have my SAR 48 Bush Rifle I bought new in the fall of 1988.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 9:09:34 AM EDT
[#4]

View Quote

Gah, sorry and thanks for helping out there. It loaded into cart and I didn’t finish checkout to see if it would complete. Just appeared that it would. Apologies there
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 1:54:46 PM EDT
[#5]
That’s the error message that comes up if you try and check out without putting in the unique code. I got it too before realizing the code was a ‘discount code’.
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 4:56:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Received 2nd code from FN. Il. new AWB law prohibits my order.  If you want it, how do i send it?
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 12:45:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Got mine today, so I'll open and post some pics tomorrow.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 1:08:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By bigstick61:
From what I recall, the Belgian pronunciation is close to that of the word "fall", which is how I saw it. Some folks here say the letters or pronounce the acronym in a way that rhymes with the word "pal", which I find the oddest.
View Quote

Why is that odd? That's how an English speaker would pronounce it as a word, just like "pal".
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 1:11:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Jozsi:
I got my code...was gonna order......then stopped by the pawn shop and saw a SAR48 for 1499. It has problems like no rear sight, it has a cheesy scope mount and leupold rifle scope and it's missing the flash hider and has some muzzle brake on it.

No magazine.....Got it for $1350....all of the stuff can be fixed.

Fuck that shit waiting for a DSA receiver and barrel.....

$1350 for a pre ban SAR48 made by an FN licensed factory......
View Quote

Order the hooded rear sight from DSA as a replacement instead of the standard one, it's a lot nicer to shoot.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 1:12:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Someone remind me what the bolt with the tail on it is called?
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 5:04:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By IdahoDoug:
Someone remind me what the bolt with the tail on it is called?
View Quote
If you're referring to the bolt carrier, usually people call it a "rat tail" but it's just the standard bolt carrier for a fixed stock.
Para carriers don't have the tail.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 10:19:56 AM EDT
[#12]
anyone else have a kit code they wont be using?
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 10:45:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Disappointing…still no code for me.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 5:50:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I'll upload close-ups of the small parts tomorrow. Overall, the flash makes it look rougher than it really is. I'm pretty happy with the condition.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 3:33:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jacketch] [#15]
Originally Posted By jwc179:
anyone else have a kit code they wont be using?
View Quote

I have a code I won't be using. I also have an Argentine barrel.

ETA Barrel sold and code sent.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 3:01:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: YaBoyKGTho] [#16]
Got a code!

And bought.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 6:14:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Stumbled across email in my spam folder. Ordered.
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 11:41:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stimpsonjcat] [#18]
Is the rear sight broken?  There's supposed to be a vertical part.

Or is it just poking through the box?
Link Posted: 1/27/2023 11:42:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SapperSCLA2] [#19]
Got code as well and ordered today.

Now what do I do with the kit? Always wanted a FAL but not a collectible one. Send to ARS and have a faithful replica built?
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 12:29:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Yes, send it to ARS and it will be as close to perfect as humanly possible.

I think he just started taking work again.

My son has a Para FAL that ARS built and it's great.

My son has another Para kit going out to him soon and I need to send ARS
one of my FALs that someone else built that has issues.

He built an L1A1 for me years ago and it was perfection !!
Link Posted: 1/28/2023 4:42:03 PM EDT
[#21]
DSA is going to be ready to help too
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 10:41:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By EMSflyer:
Yes, send it to ARS and it will be as close to perfect as humanly possible.

I think he just started taking work again.

My son has a Para FAL that ARS built and it's great.

My son has another Para kit going out to him soon and I need to send ARS
one of my FALs that someone else built that has issues.

He built an L1A1 for me years ago and it was perfection !!
View Quote

Hi EMSFlyer!

Thanks for the information on that, was the kind of response I was hoping for.

I hope to contact ARS this week and ask his thoughts on these FN kits. Be interesting to hear of the master gun plumber thinks there is anything special about these particular imports.

Appreciate the reply again, stay safe out (up) there
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 10:42:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By dalyman72:
View Quote

I’ll have to do some homework, I didn’t realize DSA was still doing builds, thought they were only doing production.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 6:50:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Anyone have a code they're not going to use? Stupid FN didn't let me enter the contest because of the state I live in.
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 7:13:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/1/2023 9:16:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Janus] [#26]
Attachment Attached File

Arrived today. 127/400.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:49:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Reunited...

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/3/2023 4:04:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 10:31:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By dalyman72:
View Quote

Not sure how it works with their new awb....

Link Posted: 2/4/2023 2:48:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Good score to all that got one…

Looking for a code if someone doesn’t want theirs…
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 12:55:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By MisterPX:

Not sure how it works with their new awb....

View Quote

Doesn't effect out of state sales at all.
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 1:08:08 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm in for a kit if you don't want it!!!
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 11:33:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Anyone started building yet?
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 9:59:51 AM EDT
[#34]
DSA has a notification page with pictures up on their website for their take on the receiver:

https://www.dsarms.com/p-17494-dsa-sa58-special-gendarmerie-marked-stripped-semi-auto-fal-receiver-type-3-carry-handle-cut-762x51-mm.aspx
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 10:22:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Janus:
DSA has a notification page with pictures up on their website for their take on the receiver:

https://www.dsarms.com/p-17494-dsa-sa58-special-gendarmerie-marked-stripped-semi-auto-fal-receiver-type-3-carry-handle-cut-762x51-mm.aspx
View Quote

I thought they were going to build them? I see a receiver and someone asked their CS who said they were also doing barrels without gas blocks.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 12:11:21 AM EDT
[#36]
Received shipping notification today, hopefully it'll arrive by Saturday.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 9:48:58 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 10:19:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: YaBoyKGTho] [#38]
Originally Posted By DSArms_FAL:

We offer a service to professionally install your gas block on our barrels using our heavy duty precision alignment fixture.

We also offer build services for your kit and DSA or Imbel receiver. Our rates are extremely fair and our services are very 30-45 days as of right now.
View Quote

Thanks! Do you have an estimate on when everything will be ready to and I can ship the kit off?
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 10:31:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DSArms_FAL] [#39]
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 12:43:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Circle10] [#40]
IMPORTANT NOTE PLEASE READ AND COMPREHEND

You have to order and take possession of your receiver. This is because we are not building a factory rifle with FET tax built into the price.

This is the only way to do this with us. We will not build any other way you must order your receiver and take possession of it from your FFL then send it and your kit to us for building.

All parts including the receiver are in stock as of right now. Please contact customer service for assistance and lead times.

Thanks
View Quote

What receiver types will you be offering besides the type 3?  And how will matching serial numbers work?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 11:17:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Circle10:

What receiver types will you be offering besides the type 3?  And how will matching serial numbers work?

Thanks!
View Quote

Curious about the same thing. I don’t know much about FAL but thought the M2 version used the type 1 receiver. Would be interested in that for sure.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 7:49:23 AM EDT
[#42]
IMPORTANT NOTE PLEASE READ AND COMPREHEND

You have to order and take possession of your receiver. This is because we are not building a factory rifle with FET tax built into the price.

This is the only way to do this with us. We will not build any other way you must order your receiver and take possession of it from your FFL then send it and your kit to us for building.

All parts including the receiver are in stock as of right now. Please contact customer service for assistance and lead times.

Thanks
View Quote

None of them show as in-stock on the website :(
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 8:39:06 AM EDT
[#43]
If anybody doesn't want/can't use their code, I can (thankfully) use it!
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 9:28:06 AM EDT
[#44]

Curious about the same thing. I don’t know much about FAL but thought the M2 version used the type 1 receiver. Would be interested in that for sure.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Circle10:

Thanks!

Gendarmerie FALs either lack an M designation or are the M5. Typically made in Type 3 receivers although perhaps some were ordered during the Type 4 period (cast version). M2 were ordered for the regular Belgian military. I forget if any were ordered for the Force Publique in Africa as well, or if that was only the M1.

M2s have a lightweight lower and other parts, charger guide top cover, fiberglass handguard, plain muzzle with bayonet lug, and a Type C stock. Most have already been destroyed AFAIK. I do have some M2 parts I bought from a member in Belgium as well as some M3 parts (LW para model still used for training at the commando school).
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 12:28:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 11:07:11 PM EDT
[#46]

Gendarmerie FALs either lack an M designation or are the M5. Typically made in Type 3 receivers although perhaps some were ordered during the Type 4 period (cast version). M2 were ordered for the regular Belgian military. I forget if any were ordered for the Force Publique in Africa as well, or if that was only the M1.

M2s have a lightweight lower and other parts, charger guide top cover, fiberglass handguard, plain muzzle with bayonet lug, and a Type C stock. Most have already been destroyed AFAIK. I do have some M2 parts I bought from a member in Belgium as well as some M3 parts (LW para model still used for training at the commando school).
View Quote

The M5 is just a tear gas launcher?

The Gd rifles were the same as the army, even if they didn’t have the designation right?

Anyone have a picture of these rifles from around the time when they were first issued?
Link Posted: 2/11/2023 11:30:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Not my pics, but from FalFiles.

To anyone interested, there's a thread over there that documents specifics on some of the 400 kits. If you have one, I'd encourage you to share.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 2:14:12 AM EDT
[#48]
Well, this thread (and kit prices) motivated me to buy an upper for my Imbel kit.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 2:33:12 AM EDT
[#49]

The Gd rifles were the same as the army, even if they didn’t have the designation right?

Anyone have a picture of these rifles from around the time when they were first issued?
View All Quotes

Army had the M1, M2, M3, and whatever they designated the FALO (they had two contracts of them from what I can tell, one of which had a "ZM" serial number prefix).  FN Model DA1, which uses FAL mags, was also used in this role.

IIRC, the Gendarmerie made use of some Army stuff but also bought its own rifles, which were of later production (21" fixed-butt models), some of which ultimately had a cup discharger replace the combo device (these, at the very least, were designated M5 and some ended up with the Army; the guy who posted the pics above had his unit issued them during his Balkans deployment in the 1990s).

M1 is the first generation fixed-butt 21" FAL they used.  Very early pattern with Type 1 receiver, Type A lower, Type A butt, all-wood furniture, charger-guide top cover, open ear front sight base, tall rear sights, and NBC barrel with plain muzzle and bayonet lug.  Some later ones show some of the changes in the gas system as things transitioned to the final version.  Some are marked for the Force Publique in the Congo, to which they were issued.

M2 succeeded the M1.  It incorporates more mainstream production features such as the Type C gas system.  It is a lightweight model, which means the lower and some other parts were hiduminium instead of steel.  It retains the NBC 21" plain lugged barrel.  It also retains the charger guide, but the cover is hiduminium.  Butt is Type C, handguard is fiberglass instead of wood, carry handle grip is plastic instead of wood, charging handle knob is now plastic, and the pistol grip is plastic instead of wood and has the serial number engraved on it (as lightweight lowers were not stamped with the number).  Upper and lower are Type 1.

M3 replaced the M2 among the paras that got that model (Belgian paras left a bunch behind for the Katangese during the Congo Crisis).  It is a 17.2" NBC-barreled lightweight para model.  It has the fixed rear sight, fiberglass NBC handguards, a carry handle, and a fixed charging handle.  They have a mix of Type 1, Type 2, and transitional receivers (what some call a "Type 1.5" and one that is in-between that and a Type 1).  Type 2s also have a horizontal frame lock lever.

"Sniper" versions of each of these were made and while originally made with black paint for the finish, many were painted or repainted grey and some have a mix of black and grey painted parts.  Late purchases of replacement furniture was of plastic furniture, so sometimes that could be seen on these guns.

Gendarmerie rifles appear to use Type 3 and/or 4 receivers.  They are 21" threaded BC barrels with combo devices, with some having it replaced with cup dischargers.  IIRC, some did get shipped with bipods and some had grenade sight gas plugs, but I don't recall for sure.  They were not lightweight models, had all-plastic furniture, and a black paint finish.

Ten-round mags were sometimes issued with the Gendarmerie rifles, especially those with the cup dischargers.  These were also used for launching cartridges for other rifles as well as for sniper models.  Factory mags of this type have features which distinguish them from 10-rounders cut down from 20s here in the U.S.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 10:30:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GI_Brat] [#50]
191 no Handguards came with the kit.
Page / 3
Belgian FN FAL Kits (Page 2 of 3)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top