User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 5:32:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By lew:

I have three sets- one with pouches for thirty round mags- and they're bombproof, but there are much better solutions these days.

If you don't want closed top pouches, I would get a Tactical Tailor Fight Light Mini MAV with a triple Esstac KYWI and a Blue Force Gear Ten Speed pouch on the front.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lew:
Originally Posted By joelad:
Pattern 70 gear, if you can find it. Made of heavy canvas, carries very many FAL mags. Weighs a ton, but wears very comfortably.

I have three sets- one with pouches for thirty round mags- and they're bombproof, but there are much better solutions these days.

If you don't want closed top pouches, I would get a Tactical Tailor Fight Light Mini MAV with a triple Esstac KYWI and a Blue Force Gear Ten Speed pouch on the front.

Canadian Pattern 82 gear is nice. I need to find someone who can copy them but make changes to make them compatible with other belt systems and MOLLE. I found some pouches for 30 rounders, too. I recently discovered that they made a universal pouch after adopting the C7 that will hold two 20 round FAL mags or two 30 round AR15 mags.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 1:00:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By WillB:
Amazon, search Rhodesian Chest Rig, they have them with 4pocket and a grenade pouch on either side and
without. I got the one without and paid $26. Again it will hold 2 mags per pouch, I tried G3 mags it will only
hold one per. Nice basic design and well made replica

WARCRAFT EXPORTS Rhodesian Fereday & Sons Chest Rig Bush War Magazine Tactical Canvas 4 Mag Pouch Chest Rig

Didn't buy mine from them but it's the exact same one
View Quote
I can only get 1 mag per pouch in mine.  Amazing for $23 (black friday), and very comfortable, but only 4 mags for me.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 7:28:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By ohland:
4 FAL mags will fit in a 100rd saw pouch.  Just saying.  
View Quote

This is a fact. Works with most 20 round .308 mags too.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 11:33:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Andrewsky:
Ha, and where would you find SIX FAL mags?
View Quote

The closet, the basement locker, the end table, the kitchen junk drawer.

Well they’re not really FAL mags they’re better, L2a1 mags for a SLR.
Link Posted: 12/15/2023 9:29:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By arashi:
I can only get 1 mag per pouch in mine.  Amazing for $23 (black friday), and very comfortable, but only 4 mags for me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By arashi:
Originally Posted By WillB:
Amazon, search Rhodesian Chest Rig, they have them with 4pocket and a grenade pouch on either side and
without. I got the one without and paid $26. Again it will hold 2 mags per pouch, I tried G3 mags it will only
hold one per. Nice basic design and well made replica

WARCRAFT EXPORTS Rhodesian Fereday & Sons Chest Rig Bush War Magazine Tactical Canvas 4 Mag Pouch Chest Rig

Didn't buy mine from them but it's the exact same one

Which company did you get it from?

I got one years ago and the snaps were so tight and the stitching so poor that the snaps ripped right out.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top