Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2017 7:15:06 PM EDT
Do Vortex Spitfire scopes or other brands in that style sit to high up to use on a FAL?
I got a DSA railed top cover.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 7:24:58 PM EDT
[#1]
It depends if the vortex has a low mount for it.  I believe they have one and it should be about $15.. I only taking a guess on the red dot tube size.  If it is a 30mm tube, you can use scope rings or other type bases.
providing if the bottom part unit does not cause any fitting issue or clearance problems.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 7:36:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It depends if the vortex has a low mount for it.  I believe they have one and it should be about $15.. I only taking a guess on the red dot tube size.  If it is a 30mm tube, you can use scope rings or other type bases.
providing if the bottom part unit does not cause any fitting issue or clearance problems.
View Quote

It's the style that use an Acog base.  I have seen pics of Acog's on a FAL.  They just look like they sit way to high.
No wear around here has that style I can try.
Thanks
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 8:08:44 PM EDT
[#3]
The 1X Spitfire has a spacer you can take out if you didn't know that.   This is the 1X.   I don't know about the AR 1X or the 3X.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 12:16:31 AM EDT
[#4]
That would probably work then.
I need to look in to the PA scopes of that style
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top