Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2016 8:08:50 PM EDT
Rhodie clone for sale
I picked this up off Gunbroker a few months ago. About the only thing Rhodie on it is the sling, grenade sight, grip, top cover, and stock. I really would like to sell this to fund other projects.

Attachment Attached File

In his ad he said he has never fired it.
Century receiver.
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 8:26:09 PM EDT
[#1]
No imbel receiver?   Might get 850, prolly less.  We were paying 400 for those back in the day, the times have changed for sure.
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 9:24:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I was going to offer 700
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 9:46:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Misread your OP, you want to buy and flip?   The century guns are such a crapshoot, add in a century receiver, good luck.
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 11:15:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Misread your OP, you want to buy and flip?   The century guns are such a crapshoot, add in a century receiver, good luck.
View Quote

No sir
I copied his ad.  I want to keep
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 12:20:30 PM EDT
[#5]
A few diferent ways to look at this....first does it operate correctly if so.

1st to build this rifle today your looking at about 950 if your frugal.
2nd.  To have a rifle built your looking at over 1200.00 with parts kits purchased recently. 

3rd if you have been into FAL's longer then 10yrs your idea of cost to buy are outdated.

So for the money I'd say you got a fair price.....but to tell just how you stand you need to take apart the rifle and list all the surplus parts...because who made the barrel and trigger group will tell just how well you did.

Please don't take my tone as "all knowing"....this is just what I'm getting from being in the Fal world for 4 yrs.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 7:19:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
A few diferent ways to look at this....first does it operate correctly if so.

1st to build this rifle today your looking at about 950 if your frugal.
2nd.  To have a rifle built your looking at over 1200.00 with parts kits purchased recently. 

3rd if you have been into FAL's longer then 10yrs your idea of cost to buy are outdated.

So for the money I'd say you got a fair price.....but to tell just how you stand you need to take apart the rifle and list all the surplus parts...because who made the barrel and trigger group will tell just how well you did.

Please don't take my tone as "all knowing"....this is just what I'm getting from being in the Fal world for 4 yrs.
View Quote

Thank you that makes sense.  I am new to FAL.  I don't want to get bobed. Bend over Beethoven
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 7:34:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Totally misunderstood.   What are comparable FAL selling for on GB?

I can't say how the century receiver will be.   That gun is a total crapshoot, you could win.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 7:44:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I had to know, so I went on GB and looked.    Nothing under 1k.

This one might go for 1k.  It looks just like mine without the bipod.

Imbel century gun
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 8:21:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Totally misunderstood.   What are comparable FAL selling for on GB?

I can't say how the century receiver will be.   That gun is a total crapshoot, you could win.
View Quote

This.

I don't even think an FAL is worth it.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 3:27:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This.

I don't even think an FAL is worth it.
View Quote

FALs are worth it, but people should steer clear of Century builds unless a respected FAL 'smith has given them the thumbs up first. The ones Century built on IMBEL receivers are much better bets.

There have been FALs that are decent enough selling for under $1,000 on the FAL Files lately.  That's really the best place to look for a complete built rifle to buy.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 10:44:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Buy the damn thing.  It will eat all the ammo that a 308 AR would choke on.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 4:28:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Buy the damn thing.  It will eat all the ammo that a 308 AR would choke on.
View Quote

This.

The guy selling that that's an old-timer on the FAL Files. I would be confident that it would run without issue.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 8:23:37 PM EDT
[#13]
I hope you bought the damn thing son.  You could always get your $ back and upgrade to a DSA.
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 10:50:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Century used Imbel receivers that had no logos on them and looked to be marked with a dot matrix lettering.

They were hard to tell other than the made by Imbel.

That being said Century made workable receivers. If you put a 20 rd mag in and it eats them they up you are good to go.
Even the bad ones could be fixed with a little work
Link Posted: 12/30/2016 11:54:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Century used Imbel receivers that had no logos on them and looked to be marked with a dot matrix lettering.

They were hard to tell other than the made by Imbel.

That being said Century made workable receivers. If you put a 20 rd mag in and it eats them they up you are good to go.
Even the bad ones could be fixed with a little work
View Quote

I built around 7 or so FAL's from kits when they were $99 from Tapco.

Imbel Receivers went together easy peasy.  Century receivers were not fun to build on at all. They could be made to run.

I personally would price it as a parts kit and hope it runs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top