Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/15/2016 5:54:10 PM EDT
Any members here in Northern AZ who have the tools and expertise to help me twist together an FAL? I'd rather not buy all the tools for one build, and my FFL is really busy. I'm not in a hurry, but would like to build it sometime after Christmas. If not, does anyone know a gunsmith in Northern AZ with the tools?
Link Posted: 11/15/2016 9:18:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Gunplumber is down by Phoenix.
He knows a little about FAL's
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 11:00:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Oh, I know. Mark is a fall-back plan, but I've been wanting to build one myself for years. I'm also on a limited budget with my MS not allowing me to work as an electrician anymore. I'm not crippled or anything, but money is tight. He is definitely 'the man' when it comes to FALs, but I kind of wanted to do it myself. We'll see. Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/16/2016 3:33:34 PM EDT
[#3]
This may be a stretch for you, but, if you feel like a drive, I'm in North Phoenix. My garage and tools are yours to use for a day on the weekend for a couple six packs of good beer. I've built five FALs, so I know a thing or three.
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 12:20:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm farther out than lew, but I have the tools to build one as well.
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 12:53:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks, guys. I really appreciate the offers. I may take one of you up on it after the holidays. I'm currently trying to button up the house for winter, and finish my 4th book, so busy as hell. The kit is an IMBEL and the bore looks great. If I get too busy, I'll just take it to Mark, but I'd like to do it myself.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 1:04:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 8:30:35 AM EDT
[#7]
I used Gunplumber and my FAL is sweet, not disappointed at all, and I am an anal retentive bitch when it comes to gun work.  His black finish is to die for.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 10:36:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Mark is a self-described "Arrogant Bastard," but I doubt there are many gunsmiths in this country that know the FAL any better than him. I would love to have a build by him.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 11:03:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Another vote for Mark at Arizona Resposne Systems. He is in the process of building my Imbel on Imbel.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 1:16:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, I've decided to use Mark. I'm trying to get my 3rd book out by the end of the month, and have a big book signing coming up in March and April, so am hoping to drop it off sometime next month, but damn, I'm busier than a one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest at the moment.  

One more question - has anyone used the Moses mags? Thumbs up or down? They sure look good.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 5:35:05 PM EDT
[#11]
I've no experience, but the mags seem to be tops from all the reviews I've seen. The business side of that enterprise seems to have taken a nose dive as Johnny  has been incommunicado and not shipping orders. One thread here on this forum, and another in the "Reviews" section on FAL Files. Surplus mags are easy enough to find to not have to bother with that kind of nonsense.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 9:23:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've no experience, but the mags seem to be tops from all the reviews I've seen. The business side of that enterprise seems to have taken a nose dive as Johnny  has been incommunicado and not shipping orders. One thread here on this forum, and another in the "Reviews" section on FAL Files. Surplus mags are easy enough to find to not have to bother with that kind of nonsense.
View Quote

Especially at this stage of the game, about sums it up...

Forrest
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 6:50:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Especially at this stage of the game, about sums it up...

Forrest
View Quote

'Tis a shame, but them's the breaks.

I just ordered four Belgian mags from What a Country. Gun Things has Israeli and Belgian mags. Gunbroker has a bunch. Some can always be had on the FAL Files Marketplace. No reason to dick with the Moses shenanigans when surplus mags are readily available
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top