Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2016 11:54:06 PM EDT
Suggestions and locations to obtain extended or increased size magazine and bolt releases for a new made DSA fal? It will be 4-6 weeks before the rifle gets here, but from handling a FAL in the shop I work at I can tell I will need some after market stuff to make it a bit more user friendly.

I ordered a DSA 18 inch congo rifle with the fixed stock

I plan on getting a DSA rail for it as well

In addition to what type of mag/bolt releases what other hardware is a must have? The stock iron sights look a little shaky.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 1:05:18 PM EDT
[#1]
You already have the largest footed bolt release.   There are many who prefer to run the charging handle anyways so that's an option.
For mag releases, you can retro fit an L1A1 mag release but it interferes with the larger footed bolt release.   Google search that one to see the process and if it's for you.
The(rare these days) Dutch mag release has a larger paddle but does not extend downward.
There are some custom modded releases that I haven't seen for sale for awhile which look ideal if I could ever find one.
I ended up going with the Israeli mag release.   It is not extended but the angle is straight down compared to the forward angled metric release.   I find it much easier to manipulate with either trigger finger or support hand thumb.   They are only $10 from DSA.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 9:37:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the L1A1 mag release on my FAL being left handed I can hit the release with my trigger finger and knock the old mag out with the new. Then bump the charging handle.

FAL controls were setup so you would not have to take your hand off the pistol grip to reload
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top