Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2016 2:39:01 PM EDT
I've got a FAL built out of an STG-58 kit on an Imbel receiver. It has a DSA railed top cover on it.

I'd like to mount my Kahles ZF-95 6 power scope on the rifle while keeping iron sights mounted.

Does anyone make a fold-down rear sight that wouldn't obstruct the sight picture through the scope? Or is there another approach I'm missing here?
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 12:39:25 AM EDT
[#1]
The only fold down rear sight for an FAL type rifle is for the British L1A1 variant.

The L1A1 rear sight is too tall for the front sight on your rifle.

Try mounting your scope low but just ahead of the rear sight.

Your eye will focus past the rear sight as you look through the scope
and you won't really notice the rear sight.

I have mounted a 4x scope in this manner and it worked well for me.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 7:44:23 PM EDT
[#2]
What about that Canadian aperture sight?   Metric aren't they?
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 8:00:39 PM EDT
[#3]
No also inch pattern abd too tall.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 2:53:58 PM EDT
[#4]

You can add the inch rear sights...but you will need a VERY tall front sight to make up for it.

I make my own by drilling the front out and soldering in a new extended pillar.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 11:32:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You can add the inch rear sights...but you will need a VERY tall front sight to make up for it.

I make my own by drilling the front out and soldering in a new extended pillar.
View Quote

depends on the gun. my cut down to 17" barrel shoot low.  i had to put a inch rear on it or i would have to end up using a stub of a front sight.With the inch its perfect.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top